01-21-15 01:26 PM
189 1234 ...
tools
    I ain't worried none 'bout this, it'll be at least two years before it even comes close. My phone will be EOL on its own anyway.
    06-13-14 03:58 PM
    Doesn't make sense to me for the simple fact that BlackBerry continues to serve BlackBerry 7. Just seems to me they would migrate out of 7 before 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 04:16 PM
    Os 10.4 hahaha --'

Posted Via my Q10
    06-13-14 04:21 PM
    Well let's hope they bring support for older models. I don't know why people are crying about this. If you just bout a new BlackBerry 10 phone your still good. It's not like the phone will stop working. I'm sure they will still update all their apps and still roll out a few goodies to older products.

I do want to see 5.5 inch screens with less bezel with 4GB of RAM, QHD screens and more development on battery technology.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    alternator77 likes this.
    06-13-14 04:22 PM
    I hope it's true, then I'll have a valid reason to give my wife when she says 'another BlackBerry?? what's wrong with the one you have??'
    06-13-14 04:24 PM
    I can't really see this rumour being true, particularly when BlackBerry are in such a strained position. Even when devices go 64bit there should still be a variant for the older first gen devices. Apple didn't suddenly stop bringing out releases to the older devices when it went 64bit on the 5S and it has only been recently that the iPhone 4 has been discontinued on the software front.

I am also a little bemused as to why the older devices have to wait until 10.3.1 and wont have 10.3. To me if I was in BlackBerrys position I would want all the consumer support I could get and that would mean rolling out releases to existing devices as soon as possible.
    It's not consumer attraction to new devices BlackBerry need to worry about, it's keeping the old faithful happy and content and that includes enterprise customers.
    06-13-14 04:54 PM
    plz stop spreading rumors, thanks
    I agree, stop posting rumors in the rumors section of this forum people!
    06-13-14 05:01 PM
    I agree, stop posting rumors in the rumors section of this forum people!
    I thought it was only a rumor that people were posting rumors in the rumor section of the forums...
    06-13-14 05:04 PM
    I'm thinking that saying 10.4 spells EOL is a misnomer here. If 10.4 comes out and supports only 64bit devices that would make sense to me. But, I don't think that means the Z10, Q10 et al. will be End of Life necessarily. Just because a new OS comes out and is only supported by the newer devices that have the hardware for it that does not necessarily mean that the slightly older devices won't be supported anymore. Were they not still realising BBOS7 updates after BB10 came out? And has this not been par for the course with BBOS5, BBOS6, and BBOS7; which were only supported by the newer devices? But, that didn't mean EOL for the pervious versions did it?

Sooo... seems perfectly fine to me...
    06-13-14 05:40 PM
    Best part about living in the USA our End of life cycle for BlackBerry is twice as long as the rest of the world.
    06-13-14 06:08 PM
    Best part about living in the USA our End of life cycle for BlackBerry is twice as long as the rest of the world.
    Please explain further. Perhaps you mean it takes twice as long for the USA to get the update?

It's certain plausible 10.4 could be the end of the line for older BB10 devices. They weren't spec burners to start out with or were delayed to the market. Android devices don't get more than two major updates unless you get a Nexus so BB isn't below the bar and the majority of people turn their phones over in 2-3 years.
    06-13-14 06:14 PM
    I thought it was only a rumor that people were posting rumors in the rumor section of the forums...
    That's quite hilarious.
    06-13-14 06:27 PM
    Please explain further. Perhaps you mean it takes twice as long for the USA to get the update?
    That was kind of the joke
    06-13-14 06:32 PM
    I said almost. When has a bb ever been supported beyond 2 years with new updates? I know things go EOL all the time but it means something different with most other companies and if it doesn't then you can find something else to put on it. EOL with BBRY means you got what you got and can't do anything different with it.
    Well you got to admit that BB10 is a huge improvement over BBOS in this area. Most BBOS devices could never get the types of updates we're currently getting. They almost certainly would have been reserved for the next device in the lineup.
    06-13-14 06:43 PM
    That was kind of the joke
    Perhaps they are from the USA as well then, they are always last to get anything
    momofteme likes this.
    06-13-14 06:44 PM
    Perhaps they are from the USA as well then, they are always last to get anything
    Snap
    06-13-14 06:55 PM
    Considering BBRY's track record with hitting announcement dates, I'm going to postpone worrying about this for a few years...
    imz, NinjaB and allengeorge like this.
    06-13-14 07:20 PM
    These threads are such a waste of everyone's time. Utterly baseless speculation. I remember a few weeks ago someone claiming the U.S. carriers would never push 10.2.1 out to the Q10 and Z10 owners. And then they did.
    06-13-14 07:24 PM
    Why do people expect their devices to be supported forever.... My Ipad is four years old and has not seen an update in 4 years.,.. as soon as IOS 6 was released.... Android changes models like I do my socks.... and disconitunues models in as little as 3 months... OS updates... some but good luck waiting... so never understand what the beef people have with EOL... fact of life with everytihing...
    06-13-14 07:46 PM
    So far this thread is pure speculation. There is no credible information supporting what the OP is claiming.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-13-14 07:47 PM
    It's unfortunate if that is true. But, right now- most are focused on 10.3........hopefully with additional updates. By 2016 uh, next year), my Q and Z will be in my BlackBerry drawer with the others that I have left and no longer use.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-13-14 08:04 PM
    OP is guessing....

But is there any reason you can't have 32 and 64 bit OS in development at the same time....?

But while the Z10 is over a year old... it is still in the line up with no replacement in sight. So if it is still the full touch screen device option when BES12 drops. You can bet that those enterprise customers will be expecting them to be fully supported... including updates.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    06-13-14 08:07 PM
    plz stop spreading rumors, thanks
    Why say that? He's posting here to get people's views and feedback. That's what these forums should be used for.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    06-13-14 08:08 PM
    I can't wait that long for the MANITOBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm anxious for the next flagship touch too. Manitoba at this point is still very much a rumor. The only thing I've seen about the device is a short paragraph at the end of a N4BB article, and it didn't provide any details other than 64 bit. Manitoba is still a ways off.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    06-13-14 08:10 PM
    I am sorry I strongly disagree. If they can't support the devices they should simply stop making newer devices and QUIT. Enough experimenting with loyal customers.

With all the layoffs it does make (fiscal) sense to stop supporting older devices once they have newer revisions in the market.

You need manpower to regression test new releases and every device you add makes the test matrix that much larger.

If they reduce the amount of testing (heaven forbid) that they do and continue to support older devices we'll have even more bugs like the SMS history deletion on upgrade bug and the unable to sync with Link to exFAT sd cards bug we now have, etc.

That being said, we'll have BB10 devices in our house for 3-4 years and I will be sad when they stop getting updates...

Download Noted, my 5-star rated, native BB10 notepad app.
    06-14-14 01:39 AM
189 1234 ...