05-26-15 01:00 PM
111 ... 345
tools
    Even John Chen is pulling plan B instead of solely relying on BES growth by stating his intent to grow BBRY's revenue through acquisitions. This is money he should be investing in BES if it were in fact, high growth. Instead he believes the money is better invested elsewhere.
    I don't get it ...

a) That's not plan B, growth by acquisitions were announced pretty soon after Chen sat as the CEO.
    b) Acquisitions are made essentially to enhance BES capabilities; thus the investment (way cheaper than starting from scratch) is made where it should be : BES.
    05-19-15 10:45 AM
    Yup, Apple and QNX are historical partners already (hint: miracast).
    Apple CarPlay: BlackBerry QNX powers Apple?s iOS CarPlay system | BGR
    What do you mean by "hint: miracast?"

Miracast is a horribly flaky solution on any platform, and one that iOS doesn't support at all. Miracast was the (poorly implemented) industry answer to Apple's Airplay.
    05-19-15 10:50 AM
    What do you mean by "hint: miracast?"

Miracast is a horribly flaky solution on any platform, and one that iOS doesn't support at all. Miracast was the (poorly implemented) industry answer to Apple's Airplay.
    Sorry, I meant AirPlay. Edited, thanks for pointing it out.

Volvo confirmed that CarPlay’s connection and video mirroring functionality is based on a streaming H.264 video feed, prompting watchers to speculate that the feature is based on AirPlay, an Apple-designed media streaming technology.
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/03...owered-by-qnx/

And to avoid any OT rant and misinterpretation, please read Imore Rene's article I'm ok with : About all those CarPlay runs on QNX stories...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-19-15 at 11:44 AM.
    05-19-15 11:31 AM
    Sorry, I meant AirPlay. Edited, thanks for pointing it out.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/03...owered-by-qnx/

And to avoid any OT rant and misinterpretation, please read Imore Rene's article I'm ok with : About all those CarPlay runs on QNX stories...
    When the hell is BlackBerry going to get Mirrorlink in the Damn OS. I have a radio that supports it and I'm having to use some Android apps to make it all work. Do business people not need connectivity in their vehicles.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-19-15 01:09 PM
    Apple generally doesn't buy companies that lack stability.
    Add that to the reasons of why the rumor is silly if you wish. But if you're going to talk about what Apple buys, you might as well mention they rarely buy well-known companies anyway. Beats is likely the most known company they ever acquired. - List of mergers and acquisitions by Apple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I 100% agree the rumor is silly, but BlackBerry's stability would not matter to Apple if they were interested in making this deal. I don't see why Apple would be interested in the BlackBerry brand and BlackBerry handsets. A purchase like this would be about BlackBerry's wealth of intellectual property and patents and, if this deal did come to happen, Apple would pick and chose which of these patents to incorporate into their current and future products and shelve everything else.
    05-19-15 02:57 PM
    When the hell is BlackBerry going to get Mirrorlink in the Damn OS. I have a radio that supports it and I'm having to use some Android apps to make it all work. Do business people not need connectivity in their vehicles.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Asked numerous times to many BB interlocutors.
    and while at it, drop it to the Playbook (counting 1 ... 2 .. 3 ...)
    05-19-15 03:10 PM
    I don't see why Apple would be interested in the BlackBerry brand and BlackBerry handsets. A purchase like this would be about BlackBerry's wealth of intellectual property and patents and, if this deal did come to happen, Apple would pick and chose which of these patents to incorporate into their current and future products and shelve everything else.
    BlackBerry is not just a handset company.
    05-19-15 04:05 PM
    Agree. Asked numerous times to many BB interlocutors.
    and while at it, drop it to the Playbook (counting 1 ... 2 .. 3 ...)
    Nothing will get done with the PlayBook. Personally would like to flog Mike, Jim and TH for that abomination.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 04:28 PM
    Nothing will get done with the PlayBook. Personally would like to flog Mike, Jim and TH for that abomination.
    PlayBook was doomed as soon as it didn't have BBM and push email.
    But we digress.
    05-20-15 09:59 AM
    PlayBook was doomed as soon as it didn't have BBM and push email.
    But we digress.
    Just as the Z10 was doomed when it didn't have a complete OS and nine of the apps shown on the big board of apps that would be there, and Z30 was doomed because they launched it in Indonesia while putting up a for sale sign in Waterloo. But it is better to chalk these up to form factor issues and no PKB then poorly executed software/hardware rollouts.

Posted with my Z30
    05-20-15 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry must have something brewing up if everyone wants to buy them. I think the US government should buy them instead.
    05-26-15 01:00 PM
111 ... 345