<a href="http://bbmobile.me/CBKEY2BLtopic?utm_source=cb&amp;utm_medium=topicblock&amp;utm_campaign=navigation" target="_blank">Shop BlackBerry KEY2</a>
    The car project hasn't even been publicly acknowledged to EXIST by Apple, so i doubt a lack of "traction" is the problem. None of the general public even knows what QNX is so i don't think that would be the reason for the buyout.
    Not talking about an actual car.. But the media interface they are trying so hard to get Into manufacturers car. Qnx is way ahead of them ipad if makes sense to just buy qnx and skin it to look like an apple core... Could be the best easiest way and get all bb patents along the way,
    05-12-15 01:21 PM
    Whether or not the public knows what QNX is, or its capabilities are, doesn't matter. The companies that want to use or build off this type of technology know what it is and that is what matters.
    There are a number of problems with the Apple wants Blackberry for QNX theory.

First, QNX isn't the super tech that Crackberry forums believes it to be. Apple, an experienced software company, could easily create something else much like Microsoft has a QNX competitor.

Second, it makes entirely no sense to purchase the entire Blackberry when QNX makes up a very small fraction of its revenue and, therefore, valuation.

Third, QNX is what other automobile manufacturers are tied down to, not a company starting from scratch. It has always been Apple's initiative to make it's technology/standards as incompatible with everyone else's as possible (lightning ports, PowerPC, etc.).

Hence, no way would Apple use QNX if everybody else is already using it. Apple is a tech leader, not follower. It doesn't want people pirating Apple QNX car software and flashing their Ford QNX powered vehicle or for its Apple car iPad accessory to be possibly compatible with a BMW.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 05-12-15 at 02:43 PM.
    anon(8080272), jmr1015 and dolco like this.
    05-12-15 01:25 PM
    Not talking about an actual car.. But the media interface they are trying so hard to get Into manufacturers car. Qnx is way ahead of them ipad if makes sense to just buy qnx and skin it to look like an apple core... Could be the best easiest way and get all bb patents along the way,
    QNX is already "skinned" by iOS in the car, android auto, and every other infotainment system.
    05-12-15 01:26 PM
    Apple would make an outstanding buyer for BlackBerry. Patents, QNX, particularly its existing infiltration in other industries like automobiles, and the enterprise business make sense for Apple. There could be a way to somehow integrate QNX with iOS for potential BlackBerry 10 apps. If anyone can turnaround BlackBerry, it's Tim Cook and Apple. The Canadian government would approve this union.

Posted via CB 10 | VZW Z30 STA100-3 | OS 10.3.1.2744
    05-12-15 01:35 PM
    The biggest incentive to Apple in buying BlackBerry is the massive tax write off they could take from the incurred brand damage/devaluation involved with being associated with BlackBerry.

Apple is all about branding and marketing. Buying BlackBerry would be almost the complete opposite of buying 'Beats'. Good technology, terrible image. Unless they all of a sudden started caring about what people that care less about function than the 'popular look' care,.. then I don't know why they would be interested.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:41 PM
    That wouldn't be Apple's motivation for buying BlackBerry. Think IoT and patents.
    Or security-conscious developers?

*cough*goto fail*cough*

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 01:58 PM
    Great cartoon a few years ago of sheep queued up going into a building labeled "Apple." Shearing time!
    05-12-15 02:07 PM
    Imagine that, an iPhone with 35 home buttons! Oh wait... It's a keyboard
    g33kphr33k likes this.
    05-12-15 02:28 PM
    Yeah, I don't see Apple being interested in BlackBerry. 0.5% global smartphone market share. No presence in personal computers or work stations. No presence in wearables. No presence in tablet computing. Shrinking presence in Enterprise.

IoT and QNX might be a thing moving forward... but would Apple buy BBRY as a whole for that? Not likely.
    05-12-15 02:53 PM
    These are manufactured leaks to temporarily raise the cost of BBRY shares, for the purpose of (a) either allowing someone with options to cash some out; (b) raise the 3/6/12 month share average for any number of reasons or (c) bring BBRY back 'in mind' to actual potential suitors.

There is no rational person in the world of finance that believe any segment of APL is interested in any segment of BBRY - not patents, not hardware not software, not brand... Apple's largest acquisition in its history will not be BBRY. Now this said, I never expected B. Colon to be the first 6 game winner in the majors either. But this Apple rumor, would be more like C. Asche throwing a no-hitter in a spot start.
    05-12-15 03:04 PM
    IoT and QNX might be a thing moving forward... but would Apple buy BBRY as a whole for that? Not likely.
    Nobody has mentioned BBM yet. That technology could benefit iMessage somehow.
    05-12-15 03:35 PM
    Nobody has mentioned BBM yet. That technology could benefit iMessage somehow.
    How? BBM protected, maybe. But consumer BBM? Apple could just make iMessage cross platform if they wanted.
    05-12-15 04:01 PM
    There are a number of problems with the Apple wants Blackberry for QNX theory.

First, QNX isn't the super tech that Crackberry forums believes it to be. Apple, an experienced software company, could easily create something else much like Microsoft has a QNX competitor.

Second, it makes entirely no sense to purchase the entire Blackberry when QNX makes up a very small fraction of its revenue and, therefore, valuation.

Third, QNX is what other automobile manufacturers are tied down to, not a company starting from scratch. It has always been Apple's initiative to make it's technology/standards as incompatible with everyone else's as possible (lightning ports, PowerPC, etc.).

Hence, no way would Apple use QNX if everybody else is already using it. Apple is a tech leader, not follower. It doesn't want people pirating Apple QNX car software and flashing their Ford QNX powered vehicle or for its Apple car iPad accessory to be possibly compatible with a BMW.
    Why then, is Apple licensing QNX as the base for its Car Infotainment systems that it is diligently pursuing into various auto companies.

Yes Apple tends to be a leader, but sometimes it is better to license or acquire when you would have to spend millions and waste your valuable human capital on developing something that is already done very well.

QNX offers a very bright future in IoT, it is a very reliable system that allows for strong, stable connections and has a proven track record. If the IoT is forecasted to be a $100+ Billion industry and the way forward in consumer products, why wouldn't Apple pay a few billion to scoop up some good technology that can give it a head start in IoT, bolster it's security and kill a competitor (no matter how small, they still are a competitor that could turn things around and hurt them)

BB for Life
    05-12-15 04:05 PM
    Apple generally doesn't buy companies that lack stability.
    Add that to the reasons of why the rumor is silly if you wish. But if you're going to talk about what Apple buys, you might as well mention they rarely buy well-known companies anyway. Beats is likely the most known company they ever acquired. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tions_by_Apple
    jmr1015 likes this.
    05-12-15 04:09 PM
    Why then, is Apple licensing QNX as the base for its Car Infotainment systems that it is diligently pursuing into various auto companies.

Yes Apple tends to be a leader, but sometimes it is better to license or acquire when you would have to spend millions and waste your valuable human capital on developing something that is already done very well.

QNX offers a very bright future in IoT, it is a very reliable system that allows for strong, stable connections and has a proven track record. If the IoT is forecasted to be a $100+ Billion industry and the way forward in consumer products, why wouldn't Apple pay a few billion to scoop up some good technology that can give it a head start in IoT, bolster it's security and kill a competitor (no matter how small, they still are a competitor that could turn things around and hurt them)

BB for Life
    Apple isn't licensing QNX, the car makers do, they just make the APIs to interact with Carplay available to the car companies and its up to them to use QNX or XYZ layer underneath to function with the API. Same with Android Auto , they aren't licensing QNX either.

Agree that QNX isn't a factor. If Musk can get by without QNX in the Tesla and use Linux I'm sure whatever electric/hydrogen/wizbang tech vehicle Apple is researching now won't need to depend on it either and use some version of IOS.
    jmr1015, sentimentGX4 and dolco like this.
    05-12-15 04:27 PM
    I really hate these stupid rumors that go around.....

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 04:36 PM
    I actually think Apple would keep the BlackBerry brand in tact because it's an iconic brand.
    05-12-15 07:06 PM
    Apple will only become interested once BlackBerry starts to make bigger splashes in the pond. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a (very) limited partnership between the two, especially for manufacturing purposes.
    05-12-15 08:23 PM
    Why would the shorts want the stock to go up, like it did today?
    Grab the short at a slightly higher than average rating.
    Pump the stock with grandios rumor ... watch the rise. Then when disproven it drops harder ... this has happened in the past year at least 3 times (twice with Lenovo, 1 time with Samsung) ... look it up.
    05-12-15 09:11 PM
    Given there is something in BlackBerry's DNA which prevents any sort of marketing whatsoever... leaving them in almost total obscurity, it would seem odd at best to be taken over by the complete opposite.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 09:55 PM
    Think about it. Who is BB getting very close to? Samsung. Samsung and blackberry together could make a formidable competitor to apples enterprise push. Android already has a giant enterprise market and partnering with BB could make them a giant pain for apple. Apple would love to put a stop to that before it ever gets started. I see life in this rumor just from the fact that apple would do this just to nix a competitor before it gets anymore traction. And if true, I'm guessing the Canadian gov would have less of a problem with this merger than with a Chinese company. I'd watch this one.
    05-12-15 09:58 PM
    Think about it. Who is BB getting very close to? Samsung. Samsung and blackberry together could make a formidable competitor to apples enterprise push. Android already has a giant enterprise market and partnering with BB could make them a giant pain for apple. Apple would love to put a stop to that before it ever gets started. I see life in this rumor just from the fact that apple would do this just to nix a competitor before it gets anymore traction. And if true, I'm guessing the Canadian gov would have less of a problem with this merger than with a Chinese company. I'd watch this one.
    Very insightful... and kinda makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:07 PM
    So I had to check...no, it's not the first, nor is it even April anymore.

Pretty useless news on the whole of it. Although I'm sure there were some investors that ducked out some value from the news.
    05-12-15 10:23 PM
    Same old story (thinking of markets in general, not BBRY): pump and dump!
    05-13-15 01:51 AM
    RUMOUR: X will shag Y with Z... again!

These rumour threads should just be closed, immediately, if there is no link to a verifiable source.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    05-13-15 05:42 AM
111 12345