Just a heads up to anyone looking to order the BlackBerry Z30 from Rogers.

They originally stated that they would open online orders / reservations, and sell directly to business customers.

When you reserve your device online at Rogers.com/reserve - the BlackBerry Z30 IS available in Black ONLY, and there are NO details as to how much the phone is even going to run you.

I attempted to call in regarding buying a device directly, and not even the managers were aware of the Z30 being offered through Rogers. I got the run around from them, and got no details about availability. It wasn't anywhere to be found in their systems.

I know the device was recently announced to be carried by Rogers, but I find it frustrating that I couldn't even speak to anyone regarding the Z30.

Call me impatient, but needless to say, I'm heading to Bell / Telus this evening to pick one up.

I'm a bit disappointed with Rogers, but rather than wait on a system that clearly needs management, I'm giving my business to someone else.

Just an FYI for any other Canadians waiting on Rogers - Prepare to wait, a while.

If anyone has had a similar or better experience regarding the Z30 and Rogers; please do share.

Thanks guys.

Posted Via CB10 on the BlackBerry Q10
    10-15-13 02:02 PM
    While I understand your frustration, that's pretty much how the reservation system has always worked. The only issues Rogers gave you really, was the customer care reps not being fully informed. Good luck getting one from Bell / TELUS though.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-15-13 02:11 PM
    They seem to be dragging their feet about this...
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-15-13 02:12 PM
    While I understand your frustration, that's pretty much how the reservation system has always worked. The only issues Rogers gave you really, was the customer care reps not being fully informed.
    Bla1ze don't they have pricing info on launch?
    10-15-13 02:14 PM
    it's only been a few days since the the mob, , convinced them to carry it,,, it'll take time to get stock & get it into thier systems...
    10-15-13 02:22 PM
    If you leave and go somewhere else to get the phone, this hurt their sales # and they will say it was a mistake to change original decision about not carrying the phone. You need to give them a little time to get things up and running, since they weren't planning it in the beginning until all the backlash from the consumers.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    10-15-13 02:35 PM
    I bought mine from the Telus website for 650 and I'll unlock it and use it on Rogers, and maybe Rogers will see how many sales form Telus or Bell and think "boy maybe we should have released it when the rest of Canada did"

(I should say I ordered mine from the Telus website and it says it should be here in three days)

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1761
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-15-13 05:17 PM
    Can't even find a working model in kitchener. Went to best buy and fairview mall. Just dummy units. Rogers Z30 Order Process - Delayed-img_00000451.jpgRogers Z30 Order Process - Delayed-img_00000451.jpg
    DYLANHABKIRK and imcurved like this.
    10-15-13 05:24 PM
    Yup. I had pretty much the same reaction so..........
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ot-z30-860701/
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    10-16-13 04:39 PM
    Decided to also pre-order / reserve one from Rogers.

Number 3 in line, Waterloo Ontario.

It's very apparent why Rogers was skeptical on carrying the device.

Anyone else get their hands on one yet? How do you like it?

10-16-13 10:35 PM
    Bla1ze don't they have pricing info on launch?
    Never have really, at least not in the reservation system. It never tells you the pricing in there, the only way the pricing typically gets out is via leaks and/or if they really want to announce it or obtaining it through customer care who in this case, was ill prepared. It doesn't even have pricing for the iPhone 5s listed in there but, that info is commonly known and available on the site. But again, the reservation system never carries pricing info.
    10-17-13 03:22 AM
    Our corp account rep knew about the z30 the day I was announced and is checking for updates as to when we can order it through the registration portal but so far there isn't any news

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 12:38 PM
    Our corp account rep knew about the z30 the day I was announced and is checking for updates as to when we can order it through the registration portal but so far there isn't any news

Posted via CB10
    With Rogers? Official launch date is confirmed to be tomorrow, October 18th. All Rogers customers will be able to call 1888-Rogers-1 and order a BlackBerry Z30.

Otherwise, you can reserve a BlackBerry Z30 for pick up at a local store, at "Rogers.com/reserve"

A $40 refundable deposit is required, and the device is estimated to ship within 15 days of the official launch day, AKA tomorrow.

10-17-13 12:46 PM
    With Rogers? Official launch date is confirmed to be tomorrow, October 18th. All Rogers customers will be able to call 1888-Rogers-1 and order a BlackBerry Z30.

Otherwise, you can reserve a BlackBerry Z30 for pick up at a local store, at "Rogers.com/reserve"

A $40 refundable deposit is required, and the device is estimated to ship within 15 days of the official launch day, AKA tomorrow.

Was there any more information on this as it is now past the date suggested
    10-21-13 10:26 AM
    I bought mine from the Telus website for 650 and I'll unlock it and use it on Rogers, and maybe Rogers will see how many sales form Telus or Bell and think "boy maybe we should have released it when the rest of Canada did"
    ...or they can say "Man, we dodged a bullet. We got the other carriers to stock the inventory and handle the sales. We get to sit back and collect the service revenue."

If you are looking to make a point to Rogers then one would need to not only buy the device from somewhere else but take your service there too. Otherwise, Rogers is still making money off you.
    10-21-13 11:15 AM
    Was there any more information on this as it is now past the date suggested
    I called in today, and keep getting the run around.

Last week, I was told by 6 separate agents, that the official launch date was Friday, October 18th.

Now I am being told "The BlackBerry Z30 will be available in the 'coming weeks' "

I cannot check my position in line, other than when I booked my reservation, and #2 Displayed on the screen.

Most agents I speak to told me it was impossible for me to have made my reservation on the 15th, because they weren't even allowed to make reservations.

This is ridiculous that the own company doesn't even know what they're offering. A simple Google search yields the results that Rogers has been taking Early reservations since around the 12th.

It's still clearly a mess at Rogers - and as of right now, there are no updates.

10-21-13 11:34 AM
    I called in today, and keep getting the run around.

Last week, I was told by 6 separate agents, that the official launch date was Friday, October 18th.

Now I am being told "The BlackBerry Z30 will be available in the 'coming weeks' "

I cannot check my position in line, other than when I booked my reservation, and #2 Displayed on the screen.

Most agents I speak to told me it was impossible for me to have made my reservation on the 15th, because they weren't even allowed to make reservations.

This is ridiculous that the own company doesn't even know what they're offering. A simple Google search yields the results that Rogers has been taking Early reservations since around the 12th.

It's still clearly a mess at Rogers - and as of right now, there are no updates.

UPDATE; Incase you haven't seen my other forum post "PSA: Rogers BlackBerry Z30 Pricing"

The BlackBerry Z30 will be officially announced October 29th to October 30th according to inside sources.

The Z30 will be $179.99 on a new two year activation, and $599.99 off contract.

Last edited by DYLANHABKIRK; 10-28-13 at 04:05 PM.
    10-27-13 07:53 PM
    Can't even find a working model in kitchener. Went to best buy and fairview mall. Just dummy units. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000451.jpg 
Views:	856 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	210869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000451.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	210870
    But apparently highly protected dummy units lol
    10-28-13 07:49 AM
    Vote with your feet. Since you are willing to spend the money, just find the closest and efficient place where you can get theZ30. I went online to Telus, ordered and paid with my credit card. Received the phone in three days. No hassle, didn't have to interact with any human.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 10:14 AM