10-14-13 05:14 PM
288 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Can't you buy a Telus/Bell Z30, unlock it and use it with Rogers?
    I have bought many phones from Bell for use on Rogers. Rogers always launches new products late, so I buy from Bell but am on Rogers.
    10-03-13 11:13 PM
    How is that crow tasting? lol
    Ooooh the irony, being told that by the Birdman

But yeah, I guess this user probably should delete his comment...

Posted via CB10
    E92Vancouver and zyad like this.
    10-03-13 11:15 PM
    Where in canada can we buy the z30 unlocked? (model that would still run on Rogers network) ???

Posted via CB10
    I have got everyone of my Blackberries unlocked online. Email $10 and your IMEI to an unlocker and they email you back the unlock code. All automated and fast.
    10-03-13 11:18 PM
    This really does mean more sales for Telus and bell, I'm sure they are happy.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Dozens and dozens.
    Admorris, Saiga and Rickroller like this.
    10-03-13 11:23 PM
    What if Rogers is just using the media to exert pressure on BB for a better wholesale price on the Z30? What if BB went to Rogers tomorrow and said you can now have the Z30 for a 20% lower unit cost? This is all about the Benjamins. Rogers thinks the margin they will make on the Z30 is too low for risk of a flop given the advertising dollars they have to invest. And if it is flop there are return costs to clear the inventory channel.

The Z10 was an epic fail so Rogers is wary of launching the Z30 unless they can make money on the volume of phones they think they will sell.
    10-03-13 11:30 PM
    What if Rogers is just using the media to exert pressure on BB for a better wholesale price on the Z30? What if BB went to Rogers tomorrow and said you can now have the Z30 for a 20% lower unit cost? This is all about the Benjamins. Rogers thinks the margin they will make on the Z30 is too low for risk of a flop given the advertising dollars they have to invest. And if it is flop there are return costs to clear the inventory channel.

The Z10 was an epic fail so Rogers is wary of launching the Z30 unless they can make money on the volume of phones they think they will sell.
    They would have tried to negotiate that before announcing to the media. Once that's done it becomes PR. Hard to go back on. This deal is done, IMO.
    mset likes this.
    10-03-13 11:34 PM
    Blackberry market share in Canada is less than their worldwide market share..apparently, Canadians snub Blackberry more than others. Blackberry market share is less than 5%, Apple 47.5%, and Samsung 32.5%.
    BlackBerry 10 Release: Canada Not That Big On Homegrown Phone, IDC Analysts Say
    10-04-13 12:41 AM
    With this decision by Rogers, some interesting information: Guess who is on the BOD of Fairfax?

Alan D. Horn, currently the President and Chief Executive Officer of Rogers Telecommunications Limited and has been Chairman of Rogers Communications Inc. since March 2006.

Fairfax - Corporate - Board of Directors
    10-04-13 02:45 AM
    Hmmm.. Could Mr. Horn know something that we don't?
    10-04-13 02:52 AM
    Check your rumour mill! Completely WRONG! Rogers is 100% committed to BB
    Ah, you are being sarcastic right?
    10-04-13 03:16 AM
    With this decision by Rogers, some interesting information: Guess who is on the BOD of Fairfax?

Alan D. Horn, currently the President and Chief Executive Officer of Rogers Telecommunications Limited and has been Chairman of Rogers Communications Inc. since March 2006.

Hmmmm. Intentionally drive the stock price down for a cheaper acquisition price?
    10-04-13 03:18 AM
    Well That sucks for the Roger's guy's well they can come to telus or bell now .pple will go were they can get the product.
    10-04-13 04:54 AM
    Check your rumour mill! Completely WRONG! Rogers is 100% committed to BB
    Lol! Just another reminder to at least leave the caps lock well alone, unless you're absolutely sure you know the facts.
    10-04-13 05:49 AM
    A bit more insight from Rogers' perspective in this Globe and Mail Article: BlackBerry snubbed at home as Rogers decides not to sell newest model - The Globe and Mail

Rob Bruce, Rogers president of communications, played down what he called a routine decision made months earlier, saying the carrier only has room on store shelves for 15 to 17 smartphone models and we pick what we think are the biggest winners from among the many manufacturers. He pointed out that Rogers had in the past chosen not to stock other BlackBerry products and said Rogers continues to stock and sell the companys recently released Z10 all-touchscreen and Q10 touch and keyboard phones.

This doesnt have anything to do with whatever anyone thinks is going on with BlackBerry, Mr. Bruce said. People are trying to attach some significance to this decision. There isnt any.

Still, Rogers decision to hang up on the Z30 the fourth phone launched on the new BlackBerry 10 platform could be viewed as a setback, particularly given the long, close ties between the companies. Their business relationship dates to the 1990s, including a milestone order for the Waterloo, Ont., companys wireless e-mail devices 13 years ago. Last February, Rogers launched the new generation of BlackBerry 10 phones at company headquarters with the CEOs of both companies in attendance.
    10-04-13 06:13 AM

Now that is what I'd call interesting. Note how BBRY stock took a huge dip after this news was released. Really, though, I have no idea WTF is going on here, but I can't look away.
    10-04-13 06:20 AM
    Well That sucks for the Roger's guy's well they can come to telus or bell now .pple will go were they can get the product.
    Um, no they won't. I'm less than a year into my subsidized Z10 and usually do an early upgrade after 2 years. Do you think the Z30 will still be relevant in another 17 months? Also, as much as I love BB10, it would be very unlikely for me to switch carriers to get the Z30 and even less likely to pay BBs premium pricing for an unlocked one from somewhere else. The best chance for me to get one will be from the local classifieds a month or 2 after it goes on sale here. To be honest, for me at least, the Z will likely be my first and last BB. I may change my tune if in another year or 2 their app ecosystem is flourishing and they produce another full touchscreen that can compete.
    10-04-13 06:39 AM
    Now that is what I'd call interesting. Note how BBRY stock took a huge dip after this news was released. Really, though, I have no idea WTF is going on here, but I can't look away.
    Me too, the slow motion train wreck is hard to turn from.

Let' just say that if the Roger communication guy quoted in the Globe story says the decision was made months ago, the CEO wouldn't have known about Watsa's intentions until he stepped down from BB's board last month. If he hasn't been involved in any Fairfax BOD meeting's regarding the BB buy offer, otherwise there could be some questions.

Not carrying a particular phone model is probably nothing new but since this Z30 decision Rogers made public, maybe Fairfax should be making a statement too, as how could the Rogers news not affect the share price given the situation?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:15 AM
    Not sure what driving the stock price down now accomplishes though.. Fairfax has already submitted their offer and BBRY has accepted. The only thing that would change would be for someone else to come in and make a better offer. It's not like Fairfax can now change their offer price at this point, at least to my understanding..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    10-04-13 08:18 AM
    I'm a BB fan. I have a Z10. Z30 looks like an oversize Z10 eventhough it has different features. If Z10 does not sell well, the impression would be Z30 could be another not so hot of an item. So please go back to the drawing board and come up with a product design that has awesome wow appeal and bring back overwhelming interest. Just like luxury cars, they don't make a similar version if it did not sell well from its overall design.
    10-04-13 08:20 AM
    Not sure what driving the stock price down now accomplishes though.. Fairfax has already submitted their offer and BBRY has accepted. The only thing that would change would be for someone else to come in and make a better offer. It's not like Fairfax can now change their offer price at this point, at least to my understanding..

If Fairfax believes BlackBerry still has value and that shareholder may not agree to the $9 offer then driving the stock price down further could work in their favor. It might push shareholders to accept the offer as they may be thinking that would now be a good deal for them.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 08:40 AM
    Most likely Rogers and Blackberry had a disagreement about something. You can see why the Z30 is launching relatively late in Canada...no Rogers support. As far as getting the Z30's in stock at carriers at the risk of the carrier being stuck with them it is common in the retail trade for the seller (Blackberry could do this) to simply supply the product to the carrier with "dating" on the sale. Meaning they do not need to pay for the phones for 90 or even 120 days and also guarantee to take back what does not sell. Somehow Blackberry and Rogers could not come to a deal. I'm sure they negotiated the sale terms for a while............
    10-04-13 08:44 AM
    I'm going to be reviewing my family plan to see if I will carry Rogers any longer. Such a short sighed decision by them.

I'm slowly moving all my services away from Rogers after 30 years of being with them - due to their very poor support, especially w.r.t. Long time customers. IMHO they care about getting new customers more than customer retention.

Posted via CB10 1.4.2 on Z10 10.1.0.4181 on the Rogers Network
    10-04-13 08:51 AM
    If Fairfax believes BlackBerry still has value and that shareholder may not agree to the $9 offer then driving the stock price down further could work in their favor. It might push shareholders to accept the offer as they may be thinking that would now be a good deal for them.

Posted via CB10
    The shareholders already agreed to the $9 offer though.. The only thing that I could see being a benefit from this is would be if Fairfax is trying to thwart any other suitors from making an offer. But at this point BBRY is the lonely homely girl in the corner at the dance.

10-04-13 08:55 AM
    The shareholders already agreed to the $9 offer though.. The only thing that I could see being a benefit from this is would be if Fairfax is trying to thwart any other suitors from making an offer. But at this point BBRY is the lonely homely girl in the corner at the dance.

Shareholders already agreed?
    I guess that I haven't heard about that until your post.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 09:00 AM
    Shareholders already agreed?
    I guess that I haven't heard about that until your post.

Posted via CB10
    What do you think it meant when BBRY signed the letter of intent for the sale? It means their Board agreed to the $9 price point Fairfax offered.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/23/b...-billion-sale/

10-04-13 09:14 AM
288 ... 7891011 ...