10-14-13 05:14 PM
288 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Not me. I've been a Rogers wireless customer for 14 years. I currently have a family plan with two Z10's and a 9800 that was holding out for the Z30 (3 year contract ending this month). This will have me seriously question my loyalty to Rogers.

I also have a couple of co-workers on Rogers/Fido that were seriously looking at the Z30.

Rogers has always done well with BlackBerry. If other Telco's can make a business case for the Z30 than Rogers should have no issue even if it's in a limited role.

Even Rogers needs to maintain a way to sell to prosumers. Of which I consider myself.
    If any touch screen BB is going to turn around BBs finances, it is going to be the Z30. This is the make or break phone for BB.

Clearly consumers like the 5 inch screen. Samsung is eating Apple's lunch with a 5 inch screen.
    10-03-13 06:32 PM
    Rogers probably crunched the numbers on how many Z30's they figured they could sell, looked at BlackBerry's uncertain future and saw this...

Sucks to hear this, but Rogers would probably want to stock more iPhone 5S' than Z30's.

Feels bad man.
    10-03-13 06:37 PM
    This really does mean more sales for Telus and bell, I'm sure they are happy.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:15 PM
    Man Rogers sucks.....But good lord could Blackberries management be any more inept.

I just am speechless sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    The Z30 is incredibly overpriced, underspecced, has a bad ecosystem and is the big brother of the failed Z10.

So yes, I actually agree with you this once.
    To even release the Z30 in its current state, is a major management failure.

Rogers is just doing what every normal retailer would do:
    Not stocking phones that won't sell.
    The Z30 has to be the worst flagship out there, right now.
    What Rogers decided, would normally fall under the category of being logic and profit oriented.

Posted via CB10
    E92Vancouver likes this.
    10-03-13 07:17 PM
    The Z30 is incredibly overpriced, underspecced, has a bad ecosystem and is the big brother of the failed Z10.

So yes, I actually agree with you this once.
    To even release the Z30 in its current state, is a major management failure.

Rogers is just doing what every normal retailer would do:
    Not stocking phones that won't sell.
    The Z30 has to be the worst flagship out there, right now.
    What Rogers decided, would normally fall under the category of being logic and profit oriented.

Posted via CB10
    If I see someone say it's underspecced one more time in going to vomit. Anyone who has used the device has commented on how fast it is. In benchmarks it beats most android phones with better specs. Stop thinking because an android phone has it a bb10 phone needs it too. You think it's over priced now? Guess how much it would cost with an octacore blablabblah

Posted via CB10
    EchuOkan1 likes this.
    10-03-13 07:22 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Where in canada can we buy the z30 unlocked? (model that would still run on Rogers network) ???

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:24 PM
    If I see someone say it's underspecced one more time in going to vomit. Anyone who has used the device has commented on how fast it is. In benchmarks it beats most android phones with better specs.
    I think you just made the underspecced argument yourself but putting that aside for just a second I kind of agree with you in that BlackBerry, even though underspecced, in some regards, optimizes the components for better performance. That I think really gets lost on people staring at advertising material in a store, etc... and there is no way for them to realize that without actually using the devices.
    10-03-13 07:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and then you waked up.
    The Z30, no matter with what carrier, will have the worst value proposition of all current flasghips for the price it has.

I already said that the Z30 will have a very hard time to sell, in some threads of the Z30 subforum.
    People didn't want to hear it.
    Now Rogers, BlackBerry's biggest supporter in Canada decided not to carry that phone.
    I guess that Rogers understands the value proposition that the Z30 offers for their customers very clearly:

There is pretty much none, for the price the device will sell for.

If I see someone say it's underspecced one more time in going to vomit. Anyone who has used the device has commented on how fast it is. In benchmarks it beats most android phones with better specs. Stop thinking because an android phone has it a bb10 phone needs it too. You think it's over priced now? Guess how much it would cost with an octacore blablabblah

Posted via CB10
    I know what the price of the Nexus 4 was, that had similar specs compared to the Z10. It was 300$ cheaper.

I also know what a Note 3/ LG G2/ Sony Xperia Z1/ iPhone 5s costs.
    ^
    The same as a Z30, with the iPhone being slightly more expensive.

Your argument is a strawman, as other manufacturers can offer far better specs, for the same price.
    They offer a superior ecosystem, better&more apps and an overall better experience than BB10 for the market (seen as an aggregate).

Feel free to vomit, but you'll hear it another time:
    The Z30 is underspecced for the pricetag it has, but not underspecced per se.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-03-13 at 07:45 PM.
    richardat likes this.
    10-03-13 07:35 PM
    What would happen if they just didn't publish specs? And let the performance speak for itself??
    I guess 3rd party tear downs would reveal them in the end and the spec flame war would continue.
    10-03-13 07:38 PM
    You're paying too much! You could get 5GB among other things at Telus for $55 (loyalty plan)

Posted via CB10
    Why don't I just change to wind or virgin while I'm at it? Or one of the other poor man carriers. Rogers has great service where I live.
    10-03-13 07:39 PM
    Rogers is retailing the phones. Much like any other retailer they have made a decision that they will carry in inventory only those products that they can reasonably expect to see, at a profit and on a timely basis.

If they have to sit on the inventory and incur carrying costs, and ultimately return them to Blackberry for a ever more tenuous refund claim, they will make the not unreasonable decision to not carry the product.

I fail to see why people are surprised by this.
    10-03-13 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes the clamoring fans will be fleeing rogers in droves to bell and telus for the "BlackBerry z30". Expect great sales
    Rickroller and E92Vancouver like this.
    10-03-13 07:41 PM
    I think you just made the underspecced argument yourself but putting that aside for just a second I kind of agree with you in that BlackBerry, even though underspecced, in some regards, optimizes the components for better performance. That I think really gets lost on people staring at advertising material in a store, etc... and there is no way for them to realize that without actually using the devices.
    I never disagreed with the notion of BlackBerry not needing bleeding edge specs.

I just disagree vehemently with the notion of BlackBerry pricing their devices correctly. And specs are a part of that.

You are absolutely correct when saying, that BlackBerry tried (successfully enough) to optimise their Software in a way that they do not need the best specs available, to run "smooth".
    That doesn't change the fact of the Z30 being incredibly overpriced for what it offers.

Yes the clamoring fans will be fleeing rogers in droves to bell and telus for the "BlackBerry z30". Expect great sales
    The moment I share the same POV as you do, is a sad moment for me and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:42 PM
    Maybe Canadians should boycott rogers.
    If Canadians cared enough about Blackberry to ban Rogers, then they'd care enough about Blackberry to purchase their phones.

Guess what? Canadians are no longer purchasing their phones and don't feel the loyalty to support a Canadian product... so they're not going to care that Rogers is bailing as well.

This has nothing to do with loyalty - it has everything to do with a subpar product.
    10-03-13 07:45 PM
    Rogers has done the math. Customers that are in the middle of their Z10 and Q10 or just started their plans are unlikely to jump as they face a hefty cancellation fee. For those that plan to jump when their 2-year plan ends in 12 to 24 months, Bell and Telus will likely have dropped BB10 phones from their stores by then so those users will likely stay with Rogers. Users that are happy with their Q10 and Z10 phones are unlikely to boycott Rogers for the sake of the Z30. Rogers customers with Android and IPhones couldn't care less. So Rogers is probably looking at most, a small percentage loss of customers which can be offset by offering other products with higher demand and profit on their shelves. It's a business after all.
    10-03-13 07:53 PM
    I don't understand the complaints about Roger's not being "on board" with the Z30.

From what I've seen, it doesn't look like BlackBerry is "on board" with the Z30 either - they're putting zero effort in to marketing it, etc. Why should anyone else?
    10-03-13 07:55 PM
    Exactly, one more reason to stay away from Robbers.
    But "Bill" is not too far from "Robbers"
    10-03-13 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most of the "people" that you mentioned using the phone are Crackberry users, who are obviously bias and whose opinions do not count...same is for the Z10 that everyone here seems to think is the absolute best phone but in the real world does not even stands up with a 3 years old iphone let alone Samsung or Htc
    10-03-13 08:14 PM
    Why don't I just change to wind or virgin while I'm at it? Or one of the other poor man carriers. Rogers has great service where I live.
    Are you saying Telus is equivalent t to wind or virgin? Come on

Posted via CB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-03-13 08:17 PM
    BlankBerry is been a total screw up for ever. It will be better once they're dissolved.
    get out
    I rather would take it as a positive spin

Rather than dragging everybody into endless miseries, perhaps it is better that BBRY as it stands now should be finished off, and start fresh in a new form and a new management team.
    10-03-13 08:22 PM
    Most of the "people" that you mentioned using the phone are Crackberry users, who are obviously bias and whose opinions do not count...same is for the Z10 that everyone here seems to think is the absolute best phone but in the real world does not even stands up with a 3 years old iphone let alone Samsung or Htc
    Going by the performance of the Z10, saying 3 year old phones outperform it, is definitely not true and a pretty big exaggeration.

If you would have said, the phones having launched 1 year prior to it, then yes, completely agreed.

Yes, the views of the Z30 in these forums are incredibly biased, and in the grand scale of things, their opinions may not matter that much.
    To say that they do "not count" at all, is wrong though.
    They just do not matter a lot, when looking at the smartphone market as an aggregate.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-03-13 at 09:58 PM.
    10-03-13 08:25 PM
    So you can't buy a Z30 unlocked and use it on Rogers etc. ?
    10-03-13 08:38 PM
    Rogers has always done well with BlackBerry. If other Telco's can make a business case for the Z30 than Rogers should have no issue even if it's in a limited role.
    Actually, this isn't a bad point. If Telus and Bell decide to stick with the Z30, I would really need to understand why.

Does the cost of offering the device goes beyond the wholesale cost of acquiring stock? Maybe they need to train people to support Z30 users and they didn't think there would be enough of them to justify the expense? Sounds unlikely even as I type it. They offer lots of phones and I assume they'd have to train people to support those phones too, even if they didn't sell big numbers.

Shocking news today. Probably the worst news I've seen for the firm so far.
    10-03-13 08:45 PM
    Just curious ... What ever happened to Rogers being Pro Canadian??
    Kept hearing that all over the air waves a few months ago when there was talk of seeing Verizon coming into Canada. Gotta keep them jobs in Canada and not hand them over to foreign Countries I believe was mentioned.
    Funny how things change so quickly. Bet Rogers is not losing any sleep over Waterloo tonight.
    10-03-13 08:59 PM
    Getting real tired of your sarcasm.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 09:04 PM
288 ... 56789 ...