10-14-13 06:14 PM
288 ... 45678 ...
tools
    What about Fido will they have the Z30

Posted via CB10
    Rogers owns Fido so I'm predicting No.
    10-03-13 05:36 PM
    Yeah but usually Fido carrier usually have phones Rogers don't just so you could stay essentially with the same company

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:41 PM
    For shame Rogers. For shame!
    10-03-13 05:44 PM
    Guess what Rogers? You just lost a customer!! I won't support a Canadian Company that won't support another Canadian Company!! Bye bye!!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:47 PM
    Rogers wont stock latest BlackBerry device | Toronto Star

Confirmed, Toronto Star. Z10 will not be stocked by Rogers, although Bell & Telus will carry it. Also available at Best Buy and Future Shop.
    Rogers' move is indeed surprising, and it's certainly not a good news to BBRY. Rogers used to be the biggest supporter of BB, and ran numerous BB ads on TV.

OTOH, if I were any one of these carries, and keenly aware that BB10 (particularly Z10) flopped so badly, ended up in $1B worth of dead stock around the world, I would be extremely cautious in stocking another also-run, like the Z30. BBRY stepped into the commoditized market (all touch slab) and now have to compete with Android and Apple, and perhaps felt the need to launch a larger size model.

But I have a hunch that someone in BBRY is still hanging onto a faint hope that a larger size screen device might, just might, turn the things around ever so slightly. But BBRY is absolutely in no position to gamble even slightly. Their priority should be to somehow get rid of the huge stock of Z10 (they probably will do so in emerging markets).

I have been hoping that there might be Q20 (all the legacy features built in on BB10 platform, then some) or something, but it will probably never happen.

I just don't understand them.
    10-03-13 05:58 PM
    I don't blame Rogers

Posted via CB10
    I do. They could offer pre-orders and only buy enough from BlackBerry to fill demand. Seems like a simple solution no?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by playbookster; 10-03-13 at 10:06 PM.
    10-03-13 05:59 PM
    I do. The could offer pre-orders and only buy enough from BlackBerry to fill demand. Seems like a simple solution no?

Posted via CB10
    I would be surprised if they didn't look into that option. My guess is they determined there wasn't enough demand for it to be worthwhile.
    10-03-13 06:10 PM
    How come BlackBerry supports the Blue Jays though all the lean years but the reverse is not true. Yeah, you know who your real friends are when things go wrong...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:13 PM
    I don't see no reason why BlackBerry can't sell the Z30 direct to go along with the Z10 and the Q10. There is a market for it, especially since Rogers won't carry it and as evidenced by this thread at least.. Also, make it so Canada can buy direct. Just seems silly why they can't.
    Nothing about this thread is evidence of a market for this device. 20-30 people is not a market.

In fact, many, if not most of the people protesting probably own a BB10 device. But they don't need to sell to the hardcore BB fan--they already have them. Loyal fans are great to have, but they can't move the meter when success is judged in the millions. And I'm guessing they are projecting that a niche form factor for an OS that hasn't caught on isn't going to sell enough to offset the resources needed to carry and support it. It's unfortunate news, but unsurprising, and I don't believe it's the last of the bad news we'll get from carriers.
    10-03-13 06:16 PM
    Blackberry management should've issued a notice about Rogers. Yes the Company is struggling but the least management can do is inform shareholders and loyal customers before it reached the media. There is no excuse for the lack of communication.
    xanadome likes this.
    10-03-13 06:17 PM
    This is hardly Rogers fault! It is your fault! How can Rogers support Blackberry when its customers don't buy Blackberries? Why would Rogers want to go through the hassle of ordering Z30s, only to send them back when they don't sell?

It never ceases to amaze me when I see people on the street with Blackberries that have track balls and side wheels. Why don't BB users upgrade a little more often? Because BB users only care about texting, emailing and voice and their old BBs do this perfectly well.

BB missed the boat on apps and creating a quality user experience. BB users who wanted more from their phones are now on other platforms. BB users who don't care about apps are walking around with 8000 series Blackberries and have no need to upgrade.

BB brags about the billions it has in the bank. They should have thrown some of this money at developers so that they could have the most popular apps on their phone.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    +1
    The last time I check Roger was a for profit business not a charitble organization for lost causes (Selling phones that no one want)
    Skandalous1 and Etios like this.
    10-03-13 06:19 PM
    T-Mobile is a real trendsetter, it seems.

It's unfortunate that BlackBerry's mistakes in the past are now barring the best BlackBerry yet to be sold at Canada's largest wireless carrier. Pretty much all early reviews are positive about the device itself, and now even fewer people will be able to easily get it.

I know BlackBerry's always been close with the carriers, but now BlackBerry should take matters entirely into their own hands and sell all their devices directly. There would be no more "waiting for carriers" to launch, and BlackBerry could give us an exact date of when they're available.

A "BlackBerry Now Offering Full Lineup Of BlackBerry10 Devices Online" headline would soften the blow of "Rogers Will Not Carry BlackBerry's Newest Device."
    They do it in the USA. Why not Canada? Problem being, I guess, they are not subsidized.
    10-03-13 06:19 PM
    This has got to be a real kick in the guts for Blackberry right now. Shocking timing. If there was one carrier in the whole world who I would have bet my life on staying with them it would have been Rogers. Apple must be paying them off. That's got to be it.

And I have a straight face. Honest.
    10-03-13 06:31 PM
    For shame Rogers. For shame!
    They sold 600,000 z10 in the last 3 months worldwide...why do you expect carriers to even bother carrying another phone that will flop as badly as the Z10?
    10-03-13 06:31 PM
    Nothing about this thread is evidence of a market for this device. 20-30 people is not a market.
    This is true unfortunately. I am with rogers, and I am disappointed but ultimately there is not much I can do other than switch companies.

Edit: or buy the unlocked phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:32 PM
    I do. The could offer pre-orders and only buy enough from BlackBerry to fill demand. Seems like a simple solution no?

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking the exact same thing and was going to post it. As a Rogers customer I am not impressed.

Posted via my Z10
    10-03-13 06:38 PM
    Bell and Telus will eventually follow since BlackBerry has switched to Prosumers. If that happens, what then? Are people also going to boycott these last two telcos?
    10-03-13 06:43 PM
    Maybe the carriers like many consumers wee lead to believe that the Z10 was the high end only to find out that this was never the plan. That's the way I feel. Also I have heard review comments saying that the Z30 is what the Z10 should have been. I haven't used a 30 so I don't really know.

Bottom line, the market won't support another BlackBerry model right now with currents events what they Are.

Finally I don't think I ever want to own a phone with a non removable battery unless this all the market has. I like the Z10 battery combo accessory.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-03-13 06:44 PM
    How many of the whiners on this thread have no intention of buying a Z30 and are not even on Rogers? If you want a Z30 I am sure you will be able to get an unlocked one from Blackberry.
    10-03-13 06:49 PM
    Check your rumour mill! Completely WRONG! Rogers is 100% committed to BB
    Is that so?

Rogers wont stock new blackberry to be released this month

This is from the local waterloo region paper.
    Who's lying?
    10-03-13 06:55 PM
    But it just mentioned Z30. If it's all BlackBerry models then yes, they're boycotting.
    Maybe Canadians should boycott rogers. A month ago rogers was jumping up and down screaming mad about a rumour of Verizon coming to Canada then speak out the other side of their mouth and turn their backs on BlackBerry. Shame on rogers.

Posted via CB10
    ital1 and CrackMachine like this.
    10-03-13 06:56 PM
    WTF.. I am calling Rogers right now to *****.. I still am on contract and was wanting to do early upgrade for this phone.. All Canadian companies should be supporting and helping to push Blackberry.. erg Im mad
    I guess you would also support if Asian countries support and push asian brands over BB? Would you support the US pushing MS and Apple over BB? You can't have it both ways you know.

As for the z30, I said it before: this will be one of the worst selling flagship phones of all time - it will not sell at all.
    h20work and kevinnugent like this.
    10-03-13 07:02 PM
    I think it's time to nail out a new plan chief. I have 3GB among other things for $75
    You're paying too much! You could get 5GB among other things at Telus for $55 (loyalty plan)

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:10 PM
    How many of the whiners on this thread have no intention of buying a Z30 and are not even on Rogers? If you want a Z30 I am sure you will be able to get an unlocked one from Blackberry.
    1 out of 2. No intention of getting a non removable battery phone, bit yeah I'm with Rogers. I can't blame them for not picking up the Z30.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-03-13 07:15 PM
    Not me. I've been a Rogers wireless customer for 14 years. I currently have a family plan with two Z10's and a 9800 that was holding out for the Z30 (3 year contract ending this month). This will have me seriously question my loyalty to Rogers.

I also have a couple of co-workers on Rogers/Fido that were seriously looking at the Z30.

Rogers has always done well with BlackBerry. If other Telco's can make a business case for the Z30 than Rogers should have no issue even if it's in a limited role.

Even Rogers needs to maintain a way to sell to prosumers. Of which I consider myself.
    mset likes this.
    10-03-13 07:20 PM
288 ... 45678 ...