tools
    Check your rumour mill! Completely WRONG! Rogers is 100% committed to BB
    another prophet bites the dust . . .
    10-03-13 02:22 PM
    I don't blame Rogers

Posted via CB10
    Xeroliun and theflew like this.
    10-03-13 02:27 PM
    It's a good thing they still stock these guys because that's what I'll be using if BBRY goes bust and my Z10 stops working.
    Bahahahahahahahahaha might have to bust out the old school razr

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:33 PM
    Spoke with a Rogers Customer Service rep:

12:31 PM Gobitha :
    Hi, youve reached Gobitha from Rogers Live Chat, how may assist you today?
    12:32 PM gng11:
    Hello, I have heard that the Blackberry Z30 is not coming to Rogers. Is this true? I have been with the Z10 for a while and was eagerly anticipating an upgrade to this Z30.
    12:33 PM Gobitha :
    I am sorry, we didn't receive any official communication from our head office about this.
    12:33 PM gng11:
    Rogers won't be carrying the BlackBerry Z30 | CrackBerry.com
    12:36 PM Gobitha :
    I cannot able to confirm this because it's not a official news from Rogers yet.
    10-03-13 02:40 PM
    I don't think they will, I was at a Best Buy last week and tried to buy a LG G2 (off contract and to be used on TELUS) and the girl said they won't sell them unless its for a new plan or upgrading/extending a current contract. Sounds like you may be SOL and may need to buy it via a website like Negri Electronics ($700 US) or buy it from a store that sells unlocked/international variants like Omega Cell does here in Edmonton.

Blackberry Z30 (Unlocked) (Black)
    Half the profit (arbitrary number, not the point) from cell phones at places like BB and FS is from driving contract business and renewals to the telcos... I was reading elsewhere on CB today that BBRY is selling direct to customers from their site again though so perhaps there's still hope... Not that I'm particularly thrilled at the thought of paying full retail but maybe if I wait long enough they'll show up on the shleves at my local Liquidation World..
    10-03-13 02:41 PM
    wow, how wrong this was
    10-03-13 02:43 PM
    Man Rogers sucks.....But good lord could Blackberries management be any more inept.

I just am speechless sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Bbry management is now totally focused on reorganisation and selling the company, selling phones is a lower priorities these days.
    10-03-13 02:47 PM
    I'm on a life time BOYCOTT of HOME DEPOT ... and it will now be a life time BOYCOTT of ROGERS/FIDO!! as well.
    Rogers
    Rogers won't carry the new BlackBerry Z30-screen-shot-2013-10-03-12.47.32-pm.png
    Home Depot
    Rogers won't carry the new BlackBerry Z30-screen-shot-2013-10-03-12.47.52-pm.png

Take them down!
    10-03-13 02:48 PM
    some of you here claim patrotism. yet you would want a canadian company to make a poor business decision just so another dying canadian company can seem more alive. legit indeed.
    You are right, except Rogers operates in a highly protected environment. These robbers won't last one quarter if they had to run business without any barriers. 250 MB of data for $70/month is a freaking joke. Sometimes, I feel like boycotting all these carriers and just use WiFi.
    10-03-13 02:51 PM
    You are right, except Rogers operates in a highly protected environment. These robbers won't last one quarter if they had to run business without any barriers. 250 MB of data for $70/month is a freaking joke. Sometimes, I feel like boycotting all these carriers and just use WiFi.
    I think it's time to nail out a new plan chief. I have 3GB among other things for $75
    10-03-13 02:55 PM
    I think it's time to nail out a new plan chief. I have 3GB among other things for $75
    I have something similar, but I've noticed that all the new 2 Yr plans are crazy. They actually offer 250mb plans for smartphones! Its unbelievable. Felt like I had gone back to the BB 9000 days and was getting a BIS plan.

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.por...bel=WLRS_Plans
    Last edited by aminrajabi; 10-03-13 at 03:09 PM. Reason: I meant Bold 9000
    10-03-13 03:08 PM
    This is hardly Rogers fault! It is your fault! How can Rogers support Blackberry when its customers don't buy Blackberries? Why would Rogers want to go through the hassle of ordering Z30s, only to send them back when they don't sell?

It never ceases to amaze me when I see people on the street with Blackberries that have track balls and side wheels. Why don't BB users upgrade a little more often? Because BB users only care about texting, emailing and voice and their old BBs do this perfectly well.

BB missed the boat on apps and creating a quality user experience. BB users who wanted more from their phones are now on other platforms. BB users who don't care about apps are walking around with 8000 series Blackberries and have no need to upgrade.

BB brags about the billions it has in the bank. They should have thrown some of this money at developers so that they could have the most popular apps on their phone.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    theflew likes this.
    10-03-13 03:09 PM
    Rogers
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 12.47.32 PM.png 
Views:	587 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	207420
    Home Depot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-10-03 at 12.47.52 PM.png 
Views:	586 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	207421

Take them down!
    Don't you dare attempt anything on Home Depot. You devil child.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:13 PM
    This company is melting down by the day. It has made poor decision after poor decision, leading to mass customer defections, botched product releases, huge layoffs, developer indifference and destruction of company value and shareholder wealth. It has laid out its intentions to exit the consumer market--with no clear plan on how to remain solvent in enterprise. All this while continuing to line the pockets of those who have overseen the escalation of its downfall.

Yet here we see posters who...

1) Appear to be shocked and appalled that a carrier would decide not to carry the larger version of a device that has already proven to be a market failure.
    2) Are flat out denying a story which Rogers itself has confirmed to be true
    3) Are willing to pay higher for a device which, at best, is on market life support even before its release
    4) Are accusing a carrier who won't bail out a failing tech company of being unpatriotic

But it's the Apple customers who are "sheep."
    Last edited by Skandalous1; 10-03-13 at 05:20 PM.
    10-03-13 03:18 PM
    100% committed? Really? Let's all rest easy now.
    10-03-13 03:24 PM
    This company is melting down by the day. It has made poor decision after poor decision, leading to mass customer defections, botched product releases, huge layoffs, developer indifference and destruction of company value and shareholder wealth. It has laid out its intentions to exit the consumer market--with no clear plan on how to remain solvent in enterprise. All this while continuing to line the pockets of those who have overseen the escalation of its downfall.

1) Appear to be shocked and appalled that a carrier would decide not to carry the larger version of a device that has already proven to be a market failure.
    3) Are willing to pay higher for a device which, at best, is on market life support even before its release
    5) Are accusing a carrier who won't bail out a failing tech company of being unpatriotic

Yes, I remember some posters who were discrediting the WSJ and so forth when they broke the news on the 4,500 layoffs and the inventory writedown.

I don't see no reason why BlackBerry can't sell the Z30 direct to go along with the Z10 and the Q10. There is a market for it, especially since Rogers won't carry it and as evidenced by this thread at least.. Also, make it so Canada can buy direct. Just seems silly why they can't.

Verizon is the only USA carrier to formally announce they are carry it and we've seen pictures of a Z30 with an AT&T logo. Apparently Sprint passed up the Z10 in order to carry the Z30, so I assume T-Mobile would also join in. Verizon is the largest carrier so they have the resources to sell this in stores. Probably AT&T can too. I don't think they will keep it long in stores though. I think Sprint is selling the Q10 as online only and T-Mobile said they will be doing the same for BB10 devices.
    10-03-13 03:44 PM
    It's messed up. They just released the Cibc banking app for the z10 (which could easily be put on the z30 given that they have the same screen rez) and it can only be used on rogers... so z30 customers are out of luck I suppose. I'll probably skip the z30 and wait for their next all-touch device. Hopefully 64 bit with higher rez screen and 13mp shooter. Quad core would be nice too, but a man can dream can't he?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:49 PM
    I think it speaks more of the carrier than BlackBerry. If your a scum bag carrier. Why stock all phones? Someone has to be low end. Rogers must be a low end carrier. Buy somewhere else like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:51 PM

5) Are accusing a carrier who won't bail out a failing tech company of being unpatriotic

Honestly speaking Apple would be not around today if there was more like yourself. But for Apple sake and hopefully for Blackberry sake today there are those who want to support Blackberry in days of crisis.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    10-03-13 03:56 PM
    I think it speaks more of the carrier than BlackBerry. If your a scum bag carrier. Why stock all phones? Someone has to be low end. Rogers must be a low end carrier. Buy somewhere else like BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    List of Canadian mobile phone companies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rogers is the largest cell provider in Canada. Probably right though, it doesn't have anything to do with low sales forecasts for the Z30, $1 billion in losses from excess inventory, 40% staff reduction, slow sales, sale of company. It's because Rogers are a bunch of jerks.
    10-03-13 03:57 PM
    Could u buy this SIM free from blackberry and then just

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:02 PM
    Are you in Canada? If so, where?

EDIT: Who's your provider with the 3GB plan for $75?
    10-03-13 04:04 PM
    Could u buy this SIM free from blackberry and then just

Posted via CB10
    Oops I meant to say, couldn't we just buy this online from blackberry and I use my existing Rogers sim? I may be naive as I am not quite sure how this unlocked phone works

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:06 PM
    Oops I meant to say, couldn't we just buy this online from blackberry and I use my existing Rogers sim? I may be naive as I am not quite sure how this unlocked phone works

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely, yes, you will be able to use an unlocked Z30 with Rogers (GSM of course).

Personally I just dumped Rogers for Virgin (Bell) as I got fed up with poor signal issues: Roy Thomson Hall (Downtown Toronto), Schomberg and Parry Sound, to name a few.
    10-03-13 04:09 PM
    What about Fido will they have the Z30

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:33 PM
288 ... 34567 ...