10-14-13 06:14 PM
288 ... 23456 ...
tools
    T-Mobile is a real trendsetter, it seems.

It's unfortunate that BlackBerry's mistakes in the past are now barring the best BlackBerry yet to be sold at Canada's largest wireless carrier. Pretty much all early reviews are positive about the device itself, and now even fewer people will be able to easily get it.

I know BlackBerry's always been close with the carriers, but now BlackBerry should take matters entirely into their own hands and sell all their devices directly. There would be no more "waiting for carriers" to launch, and BlackBerry could give us an exact date of when they're available.

A "BlackBerry Now Offering Full Lineup Of BlackBerry10 Devices Online" headline would soften the blow of "Rogers Will Not Carry BlackBerry's Newest Device."
    10-03-13 02:08 PM
    The z30 is better than the z10 in every way (except ppi) and now Rogers is not selling it, despite them saying the z10 was their most successful BlackBerry launch to date. Fantastic!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:19 PM
    You know how everyone things Rogers was the big "supporter" of BB
    The interesting thing is Telus and Bell (essentially the same, they even share towers) were the ones to get the devices first. I always got my devices a few days earlier from Telus than Rogers even released it
    If Telus wants to bid on BB, go for it! I don't think it would be a bad idea
    It would potentially boost Telus enough to go solo and break away from Bell
    I'm on a life time BOYCOTT of HOME DEPOT ... and it will now be a life time BOYCOTT of ROGERS/FIDO!! as well.
    habs_fan, oilgeo10 and NotGoodIMO like this.
    God dammit can someone answer my question about best buy or futureshop selling contracts sim free?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they will, I was at a Best Buy last week and tried to buy a LG G2 (off contract and to be used on TELUS) and the girl said they won't sell them unless its for a new plan or upgrading/extending a current contract. Sounds like you may be SOL and may need to buy it via a website like Negri Electronics ($700 US) or buy it from a store that sells unlocked/international variants like Omega Cell does here in Edmonton.

http://negrielectronics.com/blackber...l#.Uk22WyQqiSo
    10-03-13 02:20 PM
    BlankBerry is been a total screw up for ever. It will be better once they're dissolved.
    Nothing will be better if they dissolve. More competition, much as you may not like their products, is good for everyone. Period.

By the way, not a single one of your types on this forum has been able to answer this question: Why are you here?
    10-03-13 02:22 PM
    Ouch....

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:22 PM
    Man Rogers sucks.....But good lord could Blackberries management be any more inept.

I just am speechless sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:23 PM
    T-Mobile is a real trendsetter, it seems.

It's unfortunate that BlackBerry's mistakes in the past are now barring the best BlackBerry yet to be sold at Canada's largest wireless carrier. Pretty much all early reviews are positive about the device itself, and now even fewer people will be able to easily get it.

I know BlackBerry's always been close with the carriers, but now BlackBerry should take matters entirely into their own hands and sell all their devices directly. There would be no more "waiting for carriers" to launch, and BlackBerry could give us an exact date of when they're available.

A "BlackBerry Now Offering Full Lineup Of BlackBerry10 Devices Online" headline would soften the blow of "Rogers Will Not Carry BlackBerry's Newest Device."
    They are selling them directly.
    10-03-13 02:28 PM
    I don't think they will, I was at a Best Buy last week and tried to buy a LG G2 (off contract and to be used on TELUS) and the girl said they won't sell them unless its for a new plan or upgrading/extending a current contract. Sounds like you may be SOL and may need to buy it via a website like Negri Electronics ($700 US) or buy it from a store that sells unlocked/international variants like Omega Cell does here in Edmonton.

Blackberry Z30 (Unlocked) (Black)
    Sir, you're a gentleman, and a scholar, I humbly thank you.
    10-03-13 02:31 PM
    Rogers is out to make money, though, let's remember. If Z30 is a hit - or even just sells at some mildly reasonable rate for the other carriers - they will probably stock it. They are taking a "wait and see" approach. Not unreasonable. Blackberry's success is 100% on Blackberry going forward. They have all this cash in the bank with no debt, right ? Time to start marketing like there's no tomorrow, because in reality, there might not be.
    theflew and XDrew42 like this.
    10-03-13 02:32 PM
    Check your rumour mill! Completely WRONG! Rogers is 100% committed to BB
    You still think that Rogers is 100% committed and that this rumor is WRONG lol.
    10-03-13 02:34 PM
    Man Rogers sucks.....But good lord could Blackberries management be any more inept.

I just am speechless sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed...but I mean how do we know they didn't do everything they can ? Blackberry doesn't have a magic wand.
    10-03-13 02:39 PM
    You still think that Rogers is 100% committed and that this rumor is WRONG lol.
    I am wondering if they are still going to offer BlackBerry phones online, given that T-Mobile will continue to offer them online, I think it makes sense that Rogers would too, I highly doubt Rogers has had less success with BB10 then T-Mobile.
    10-03-13 02:39 PM
    Agreed...but I mean how do we know they didn't do everything they can ? Blackberry doesn't have a magic wand.
    Well I mean like everyone has stated here the marketing was shockingly awful, and management decisions from the get go were shockingly inept. Maybe they tried everything, but honestly I dont even know anymore......its all one big sad panda these days....

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 02:42 PM
    some of you here claim patrotism. yet you would want a canadian company to make a poor business decision just so another dying canadian company can seem more alive. legit indeed.
    10-03-13 02:54 PM
    Voice your complaints and tell them your money will go elsewhere. I did on their twitter and Facebook pages.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-03-13 02:56 PM
    some of you here claim patrotism. yet you would want a canadian company to make a poor business decision just so another dying canadian company can seem more alive. legit indeed.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Roger...s-327408.shtml

The phone has sold well here in Canada nobody is telling them to buy boatloads of inventory but at least stock it and give us a f****** option to buy it. If at&t Verizon and Sprint can sell it so can Rogers.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    Jahcure, Vorkosigan and shief24 like this.
    10-03-13 02:59 PM
    Voice your complaints and tell them your money will go elsewhere. I did on their twitter and Facebook pages.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    It worked with netflix
    Saiga, Etios and mikeo007 like this.
    10-03-13 03:07 PM
    Anyone else think they're using BBRY as a scape-goat somehow? Recent CRTC rulings eliminated 3 year contracts Rogers stands to lose a lot of profit dollars. Not to say that they weren't doing more than OK to begin with, but it's a loss none the less... Maybe their decision to not carry the Z30 was two-fold... No assurance from BBRY for the future, and they need to cut costs by not carrying as many phones.

I could totally be conspiring, but...
    10-03-13 03:12 PM
    Well they're missing out. Telus and a few others are releasing the z30.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    of course, selling couple of dozens is a real miss out..
    Xeroliun likes this.
    10-03-13 03:13 PM
    WTF.. I am calling Rogers right now to *****.. I still am on contract and was wanting to do early upgrade for this phone.. All Canadian companies should be supporting and helping to push Blackberry.. erg Im mad
    If you had a store would you stock it with products that do not sell...what is the rationale here?
    Xeroliun likes this.
    10-03-13 03:17 PM
    Looks like in leaving Rogers after 13 years. Been with them since I was 17.

Posted via CB10
    pfft... according to my account I've been with them since before I was born...

Why thank you Mr. Paper_Monkey, you have had an account with us since 1978 (after having just confirmed my year of birth being 1979..)

On a serious note, I am very sad indeed.. worked my retention magic to get free early upgrade for Mrs. Monkey but was saving my reserves to lessen the $200 (ish) still showing as outstanding on my Bold to be able to upgrade to a Z30.
    Sad Panda
    10-03-13 03:18 PM
    Best buy will be selling Rogers compatible z30s?

Posted via CB10
    Can't you buy a Telus/Bell Z30, unlock it and use it with Rogers?
    10-03-13 03:18 PM
    Perhaps they agreed to sell a certain number of iPhones so simply adding another slab phone to the list isn't something they are willing to do if they are going to push the iPhone. I mean, it's not like the Z30 is going to bring lots of customers in.
    10-03-13 03:19 PM
288 ... 23456 ...