10-14-13 05:14 PM
288 12345 ...
tools
    As usual.

Posted via CB10
    Rogers after all is Captain America
    10-03-13 12:31 PM
    Blackberry Q5. The last rogers blackberry.
    10-03-13 12:31 PM
    So not only are they not going to carry any there are no longer supporting it either?
    They have confirmed 10.2 release, but as far as after that or continued sales of existing devices we do not know
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 12:32 PM
    Blackberry Q5. The last rogers blackberry.
    Ugh. They would probably sell the most z30s out of the 3 carriers

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:33 PM
    Rogers after all is Captain America
    I'm seeing that a lot of people are planning to Buck Rogers in the 21st Century.
    10-03-13 12:34 PM
    ok update, just got off the phone. the guy was really surprised himself that rogers doesnt have Z30 listed in their system. Gonna cost me 310$ just to cancel my phone, but did reassure me that if i got it unlocked i could still activate it with rogers.. Being how the prices of plans have gone up so much in last year too, to keeo 6GB of data would really up my bill price
    10-03-13 12:35 PM
    Considering the lackluster sales of Z10s, can you really blame them?
    Xeroliun likes this.
    10-03-13 12:36 PM
    Ugh. They would probably sell the most z30s out of the 3 carriers

Posted via CB10
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda, and now not even "coming soon"
    JeepBB, Saiga, Etios and 1 others like this.
    10-03-13 12:36 PM
    which is weird cause I see z10s quite regularly in Vancouver.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:37 PM
    I agree. The olive branch was extended to sell BB10. After that fiasco this is expected. Anyone that claims they see a lot of bb10 is not supported by numbers
    Saiga and Etios like this.
    10-03-13 12:38 PM
    Woulda, coulda, shoulda, and now not even "coming soon"
    I bet you're excited

Posted via CB10
    ital1 and SK122387 like this.
    10-03-13 12:38 PM
    ok update, just got off the phone. the guy was really surprised himself that rogers doesnt have Z30 listed in their system. Gonna cost me 310$ just to cancel my phone, but did reassure me that if i got it unlocked i could still activate it with rogers.. Being how the prices of plans have gone up so much in last year too, to keeo 6GB of data would really up my bill price
    Good to hear, but what I want to know from them is if they will continue to provide OS updates. I may have to call today as well.

Posted via my Z10
    10-03-13 12:39 PM
    I bet you're excited

Posted via CB10
    I was looking forward to going in and playing with it. Now I'll have to go to best buy instead of my carrier
    10-03-13 12:40 PM
    I was looking forward to going in and playing with it. Now I'll have to go to best buy instead of my carrier
    Best buy will be selling Rogers compatible z30s?

Posted via CB10
    gng11 likes this.
    10-03-13 12:51 PM
    God dammit can someone answer my question about best buy or futureshop selling contracts sim free?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:53 PM
    Makes my decision to leave Rogers that much easier.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, one more reason to stay away from Robbers.
    10-03-13 12:53 PM
    Not if they stock their shelves with a better selling phone
    Nothing is better for us than Blackberry devices. Remember, this is a Blackberry fan site?
    10-03-13 12:55 PM
    BlankBerry is been a total screw up for ever. It will be better once they're dissolved.
    Xeroliun likes this.
    10-03-13 12:55 PM
    This news isn't surprising at all, what is surprising is the fact that Verizon Wireless still seems committed to offering the Z30. Verizon just launched the new iPhone, the new Motorolas, the LG G2 and will soon be launching the Note 3. I just don't see where a device like the Z30, with all of its shortcomings and its premium price would fit in their line up of smartphones. Surely Verizon is smart enough to realize that the Z30 basically has zero chance of selling any better than the Z10 did.
    10-03-13 12:56 PM
    Wow. I just posted this elsewhere this morning:

Could Rogers be boycotting because TELUS, with a market cap five times the size of BlackBerry (and even larger on an enterprise value basis), is preparing a bid?

Very unlikely but it is a very complimentary fit for an innovative company like TELUS as it continues to expand beyond land lines, cellular, TV and internet. TELUS recently become Canada's largest electronic medical record provider through TELUS Health (where security of information is paramount), has a position in security solutions ("Whether your priority is handling targeted threats with real-time context, securing your mobile enterprise or removing your security management challenge, TELUS Security Solutions can help you gain visibility, understanding and control."), and has a Mobile Application Management product in partnership with an external vendor... amongst other things that align with BlackBerry's strengths. An acquisition of BlackBerry would strengthen existing segments for TELUS, reduce existing costs, and open new opportunities. Furthermore, TELUS this year made an acquisition (Mobilicity) valued at over $1,500 per customer. Multiply that by 50+ million and BlackBerry looks like it would not only be a great fit for TELUS but at a great price.

Purely speculation on my part, of course.
    If Telus buys Blackberry that would great. Telus will be the first carrier to have a full vertical integration. They can really push Blackberry here in Canada plus buying Blackberry at these current prices is a no brainer. Blackberry is one of the worst managed companies at this point. I think, just the change of management will appreciate Blackberry value by at least 20%.
    10-03-13 01:00 PM
    Nothing is better for us than Blackberry devices. Remember, this is a Blackberry fan site?
    Look at Saiga's quote above. That is what my post is. Rogers made a business decision not to carry the Z30
    10-03-13 01:00 PM
    How are there people still sugar coating this issue?

Im pretty sure execs and internal 100 Business analysts of major carriers that get the big bucks know more inside info on BB and their status, than BB fans on crackberry.

I agree. Its been working out for a long time and there are people that are totally delusional. BB could drop a nuclear bomb on Canada and there would still be fanboys that would say they are fantastic

How much more in the face bad news do most people on-here need, in order to realize that things are not working out.
    10-03-13 01:01 PM
    BlankBerry is been a total screw up for ever. It will be better once they're dissolved.
    get out
    Kevstra and STV0726 like this.
    10-03-13 01:04 PM
    Unfortunately with the talk of "prosumer" and focusing on the enterprise market, I expect this to happen more and more. It's really sad to see what a bunch of over paid supposed executives ran this company into the ground. My 87 year old half blind grand mother could have done a better job.

Posted via CB10
    Xeroliun and 2stix like this.
    10-03-13 01:04 PM
    expect Rogers has a lot of Z10s in the warehouse and is doing soem hard bargaining on the Z30s.

If it sells well they will have to sell it too.

If you are really thinking of an upgrade ... and they will lose you as a customer TELL THEM!

I think BB would've done well to start the BB10s with a single vendor, or one full service and one discount vendor.
    10-03-13 01:05 PM
288 12345 ...