10-18-13 08:19 PM
123 ... 2345
tools
    Nice to see some positive action from the public for BlackBerry!

"Be a Rebel and buy a Berry!!!"
    10-09-13 07:43 PM
    Why shouldn't all carriers offer the option of ordering whatever phone the customer desires? They make their money on the data contract after all...
    Well because carriers buy these phones too. They place an initial order, and if they then run out of devices, they order more. So if they're thinking it's not worth placing the initial order ("making a business decision," ) they won't shell out the cash for the initial order.
    paper_monkey likes this.
    10-09-13 07:56 PM
    Call me crazy... but I'd like to see a bit more information on this...

So Rogers decided to open themselves up as a Middle-Man to order devices from a source already available rather than stock it in their stores. Is there any cost saving involved? Would you by chance be paying any more or less than ordering direct? Is there any subsidy? Or are you basically doing the same thing as ordering direct from BBRY?
    You'd save at least $400-500 on new contracts/renewals, don't you think?
    10-09-13 08:00 PM
    Rogers central computer saw the Z30, became self-aware and is prepping to launch an attack and wipe out the ennemy. That why they shut down communications.
    Lol! Judgement day is upon us!

On a serious note, I'm elated Rogers changed their position and is at least offering it online. I received a call back today from a Rogers manager in response to an email I sent expressing my disappointment about the z30 situation. I expressed to her how upset I was to hear the news and that Rogers had effectively limited my upgrade path. She assured me Rogers has a good relationship with BlackBerry and that they use BlackBerry internally as their company platform.

I'm just glad at the turnaround and now I'll be able to order my shiny new Z30 from my carrier!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 08:03 PM
    Well because carriers buy these phones too. They place an initial order, and if they then run out of devices, they order more. So if they're thinking it's not worth placing the initial order ("making a business decision," ) they won't shell out the cash for the initial order.
    It was a rhetorical question. But thanks for the Biz 101... Cheers.
    raino likes this.
    10-09-13 08:17 PM
    I wish Blackberry management was as loyal to the company as Blackberry fans.
    10-09-13 08:19 PM
    He mistyped. It's a 2300 mah battery apparently.
    2300+16GB for $300 and 3000 (or was it 3300?)+32GB for $400. Both rumored.

It was a rhetorical question. But thanks for the Biz 101... Cheers.
    Lol. Missed that.
    10-09-13 08:21 PM
    2300+16GB for $300 and 3000 (or was it 3300?)+32GB for $400. Both rumored.

Lol. Missed that.
    No worries!
    10-09-13 08:38 PM
    Any indication when it will be available? If it's available on Koodo before Rogers this news is irrelevant to me (personally, happy for rest of you)

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:18 PM
    I spamed there facebook page pretty good I had 25 likes and it kept it rolling for a few days every device sold helps a Canadian company and Canadian jobs

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:05 AM
    He mistyped. It's a 2300 mah battery apparently.
    2300 with a 5in LCD gooduck with that!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 12:18 AM
    But the BlackBerry Z30 won't sell any better than the BlackBerry Z10. There is too much uncertainty surrounding the company for consumers and the price is way off base.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-10-13 12:45 AM
    Rogers central computer saw the Z30, became self-aware and is prepping to launch an attack and wipe out the ennemy. That why they shut down communications.
    Off your meds again?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-10-13 12:47 AM
    How is there not a half decent review of the Z30 on YouTube yet?
    10-10-13 12:49 AM
    Gotta give props where they're due. Good job to all those BBRY fans who forced Rogers' hand in this.
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-10-13 01:45 AM
    So I will be going through the threads shortly to call out those who said they have already cancelled their rogers.
    Never said I was going to cancel my account and haven't read through the whole thread but let me be (one of) the first in line to eat crow... form an orderly line behind me, BBQ to the left, oven roasted on the right. At least now I can continue on in my cheap ways, wait for the price to come down a little from the initial release and get it with a nice fat subsidy on contract.

Deffinite A for effort for Rogers listening to their customers.
    10-10-13 07:55 AM
    Carrying it online is just a move to shut us up.

This is another slap in the face by Rogers.

I will seek my revenge by walking into every Rogers store I pass and farting to show my displeasure.
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-10-13 08:46 AM
    The problem is that no one buy the phone, even the ones that complained. I've seen zero marketing for this device. If Rogers isn't going to carry it in their stores or kiosks, the unknowing consumers won't see it. Therefore, it won't sell... This will be another massive flop for BlackBerry.
    10-10-13 08:57 AM
    How is there not a half decent review of the Z30 on YouTube yet?
    There are literally dozens (of course, it will take you the time to watch them all to get a decent review...lol)

10-10-13 11:10 AM
    I'm relatively new to BlackBerry (Feb 2013) but I've noticed from frequenting the forums that there are a lot of former BlackBerry "fanboys" that are now BlackBerry "haters". Just an observation.
    Yes. Yes there is.
    10-10-13 12:25 PM
    Rogers is more worried about customers leaving for Bell and Telus than whether Z30 sells well. Then its customers would have their eyes opened to real customer service.
    If you're trying to claim that Bell represents customer service, you either work for them or you're totally insane. They are the worst company in the country, tied with Air Canada.
    10-10-13 12:52 PM
    have to see their official statement first then believe it,otherwise if it true good for bb
    10-10-13 01:08 PM
    I spamed there facebook page pretty good I had 25 likes and it kept it rolling for a few days every device sold helps a Canadian company and Canadian jobs

Posted via CB10
    How does what you did translate into selling more devices?

I think it's great that long time Roger users will not have to go elsewhere for their Z30's. But I don't think it really translates into any additional sales for BlackBerry.
    10-10-13 02:04 PM
    same day site is experiencing issues.
    Guess Rogers can't handle the Z30 demand afterall.
    Yes, I thought it was funny that this announcement came with a full compliment of fanfare of cutting us completely out for so many hours, but their announcement still came through, LOL.

But Rogers, you are forgiven.
    10-10-13 02:30 PM
    I suppose this is better then nothing. But it's disheartening that they will not be carrying/demoing them at their stores. I don't know about you people but I always like to try out the phones in store.

I think not having it there means only Blackberry diehards and enthusiasts will get the Z30 from Rogers.

(Cynical arse here)
    Then again what's the chances staff will even promote the device if it was in store? To just have it sitting there collecting dust?
    10-10-13 03:20 PM
123 ... 2345