10-18-13 09:19 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    Wanna bet it'll still sell poorly... like the Z10/Q10?
    Likely given the perception of BlackBerry at the moment...

Then again, why did Rogers reverse their decision? My guess is that it was bad optics for the company given their recent #FairforCanada campaign in which they whined about the loss of Canadian jobs if Verizon was allowed to compete...

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over Rogers having to take Z30 orders in other words, regardless of volume.
    redantz likes this.
    10-09-13 06:24 PM
    Guess all that complaining was worth it. I even got banned from their Facebook page

I will be buying it for sure. Where I purchase it from depends on how quickly Rogers are able to produce the phone. I would expect them to be late to the party since they are just joining now.

I can't wait to get me a big Berry

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    10-09-13 06:26 PM
    Just shows how much demand there really is for the Z30!
    The demand for the Z30 is yet to be proven. What this demonstrates is company that is responsive to it's customers, even when they are in full on tantrum mode.
    Even so, it's a good thing for Rogers BlackBerry customers and it makes the company look good. Win-win.
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 06:31 PM
    Guess all that complaining was worth it. I even got banned from their Facebook page

I will be buying it for sure. Where I purchase it from depends on how quickly Rogers are able to produce the phone. I would expect them to be late to the party since they are just joining now.

I can't wait to get me a big Berry

Posted via CB10
    So you're a Rogers customer and they banned you from their Facebook page? Unless you went over the top and unleashed a stream of expletives, I'd mention that when you order your Z30 and get yourself unbanned.
    10-09-13 06:32 PM
    So I will be going through the threads shortly to call out those who said they have already cancelled their rogers.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    10-09-13 06:32 PM
    The demand for the Z30 is yet to be proven. What this demonstrates is company that is responsive to it's customers, even when they are in full on tantrum mode.
    Even so, it's a good thing for Rogers BlackBerry customers and it makes the company look good. Win-win.
    Tantrum mode, I like that. Kinda sums up what happened with the Canadian Carriers when they learned Verizon was looking at entering the Canadian market! Works in both cases, methinks.
    xiaohuaxing and spiculated like this.
    10-09-13 06:34 PM
    Good work team BlackBerry... now just go and buy one so they don't do this again!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 06:35 PM
    So I will be going through the threads shortly to call out those who said they have already cancelled their rogers.
    Count me in. Unfortunately, I cancelled at least a few weeks before Rogers announced they weren't carrying the Z30.
    10-09-13 06:36 PM
    10-09-13 06:40 PM
    So the moral of the story is; just find enough people to whine and complain enough until I get my way....
    10-09-13 06:44 PM
    Make sure you also call out those people who said nothing would come out of this social media push.
    10-09-13 06:44 PM
    The power of social media....

Posted via CB10 on my Zee10 on 10.2.xXxX
    The power when people stick together to support something!
    It's good to see some BlackBerry positivity!!!!
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-09-13 06:51 PM
    This is not about demand folks, this is purely optics.

The ***** that made the decision not to carry z30 in the first place should be slapped.....after the #fairforcanada campaign they had some ballz to not carry the device.

This was the only logical decision to reverse course and offer it. The backlash would only have gotten worse

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    10-09-13 06:52 PM
    Make sure you also call out those people who said nothing would come out of this social media push.
    And wasn't he (bold before hybrid comes) on of those people lol

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1761
    10-09-13 06:52 PM
    Wanna bet it'll still sell poorly... like the Z10/Q10?
    Of course it will. It's an overpriced, unattractive, mundane, "me too" device from a company that has had a travesty of a history over the past 5 years and a horrendous consumer view. And this is coming from a once fanboy. I can only imagine how the rest of the market views it.
    10-09-13 06:53 PM
    Of course it will. It's an overpriced, unattractive, mundane, "me too" device from a company that has had a travesty of a history over the past 5 years and a horrendous consumer view. And this is coming from a once fanboy. I can only imagine how the rest of the market views it.
    I'm relatively new to BlackBerry (Feb 2013) but I've noticed from frequenting the forums that there are a lot of former BlackBerry "fanboys" that are now BlackBerry "haters". Just an observation.
    jrohland likes this.
    10-09-13 06:55 PM
    But wait a minute. Wasn't one of the takeaways from that super thread that not carrying the Z30 was a business decision based on lack of demand for BB10? What happened between then and now? If it really is such a small albeit vocal base of customers, spin aside, why did Rogers reverse its decision?

Sidenote: as I was writing this, I realized how similar this situation became to the current US political 'situation'
    bunky1971 likes this.
    10-09-13 06:55 PM
    That sucks, lol.

I really hope they stick the numbers out there in the public.

So I expect to see:

"We had an outcry from the public of 15,000 people through social media, etc.

In the past 3 months we have sold 750...."

It will be something like this, trust me. If anything, Rogers won't be stocking them in stores, online-direct sales only. Can't see them buying too many to sit
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    10-09-13 06:56 PM
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Everyone whined, now almost nobody will order.
    10-09-13 07:01 PM
    That sucks, lol.
    Why does that "suck"?

Isn't more choice a good thing? You don't have to like the Z30, want it, or get it. So why do you care if Rogers customers that do want it now can get it?

Sorry in advance if I misunderstood your post.
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-09-13 07:03 PM
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Everyone whined, now almost nobody will order.
    Well, if everyone who claimed they were cancelling their Rogers account was a BlackBerry fan, the numbers will certainly be lower, no? I have no idea to be honest. People say a lot of things on social media... My personal guess is that most people who posted didn't follow through.

In the end, regardless of numbers, the customer won. Rogers is offering the Z30 as another choice for all who want it. How is having more choice a bad thing for the customer?
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-09-13 07:05 PM
    Why does that "suck"?

Isn't more choice a good thing? You don't have to like the Z30, want it, or get it. So why do you care if Rogers customers that do want it now can get it?

Sorry in advance if I misunderstood your post.
    D'oh. Beat me to it.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-09-13 07:07 PM
    Congratulations BlackBerry, this is good news.
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-09-13 07:08 PM
    Obviously everyone that "whined" wont get one, its easy to whine but putting $700 down for a phone when you probably already have a Q10 or Z10 isnt as easy. Thats not the point. I am sure that Rogers will sell 10x times that amount of people that complained even if not one of the "whiners" buys it and that is the point.
    Elite1 and Vorkosigan like this.
    10-09-13 07:16 PM
    Rogers gives into the BlackBerry community - same day site is experiencing issues.
    Guess Rogers can't handle the Z30 demand afterall.
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    10-09-13 07:17 PM
123 1234 ...