04-24-15 11:00 AM
41 12
tools
    in sales, especially in electronics, bashing "the competition " is a huge turnoff for women and why they avoid going into stores like Future Shop...and guess what...they are out of business. Electronics salespeople lack maturity...just compare to automobile sales to get my drift.

For me, a mature guy, if a sales reps bashes their competition, I walk out. I find it personally insulting that I am perceived to lack the discernment to know what my needs are.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-19-15 05:35 PM
    Partly BlackBerry's fault 'coz they never send any of their staff to train the CSRs.
    Absolutely positively never at any point in time whatsoever? Wow ...
    04-20-15 08:06 AM
    The training on BlackBerry 10 was actually quite extensive. It was on par for the training that was given for selling iPhone.

They handed out demo units. Heck they even away a **** ton of these devices to reps who sold the most BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for saying this. I'm all for criticizing BlackBerry accurately, but sometimes people in CrackBerry make sweeping assumptions based upon their personal anecdotal observations and opinions ...
    04-20-15 08:09 AM
    The training on BlackBerry 10 was actually quite extensive. It was on par for the training that was given for selling iPhone.

They handed out demo units. Heck they even away a **** ton of these devices to reps who sold the most BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    Totally true... Before I left sales, I was top in the country in my company for Z10 sales. I won a device as well as a trip to Barbados (which I didn't go to because I left sales...).

The training was not quite as extensive I'd say as training we received for the Motorola Atrix or the iPhone... But it was quite robust. I still didn't feel fully prepared to sell them though, as we didn't have a demo device until the day after sales began and because we were so busy (in one day, I sold over 30 of those bad boys), I didn't have a chance to play around.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-20-15 08:32 AM
    Thank you for saying this. I'm all for criticizing BlackBerry accurately, but sometimes people in CrackBerry make sweeping assumptions based upon their personal anecdotal observations and opinions ...
    The problem with these assumptions is that I believe that many CrackBerry members have not worked a day as sales representatives in carrier stores. Hence they make assumptions based on what they see and not on actual facts. This annoys the heck out of the real representatives.

Totally true... Before I left sales, I was top in the country in my company for Z10 sales. I won a device as well as a trip to Barbados (which I didn't go to because I left sales...).

The training was not quite as extensive I'd say as training we received for the Motorola Atrix or the iPhone... But it was quite robust. I still didn't feel fully prepared to sell them though, as we didn't have a demo device until the day after sales began and because we were so busy (in one day, I sold over 30 of those bad boys), I didn't have a chance to play around.
    Now that you mention it, I would say the iPhone one was a bit longer, and I think we had some additional training on iPads and some other iOS ecosystem stuff if I recall (I don't remember exactly if iPad's were covered). Overall, even I was impressed when I did the BlackBerry 10 training. It was accurate, it detailed many different use case scenarios in which for the customer the BlackBerry 10 device would be better, it even contained information such as the @blackberry.com BIS email thing expiring and so forth within the database. One thing that helped me sell BlackBerry 10 was having used the OS long before it was even out to the public. Our location sold a lot of them actually, some people even came in requesting the Z30 and we kept the BlackBerry Z10 displayed for a long while even after launch.

Adding to your previous point though, the iPhone demo units are probably the most visible though, they have quite a nice display area. Not that you can't find the BlackBerry 10 devices, but considering you've also worked retail (actually both of you I believe) you probably know what I mean. With the enclosed hard case and all on the iPhone units. Made them seem more valuable from a psychological point of view.
    TGR1 likes this.
    04-20-15 09:02 AM
    Absolutely positively never at any point in time whatsoever? Wow ...
    From where I worked before, yup. Last BB reps I saw were during BBOS days. None during BB10 era.
    04-21-15 07:45 AM
    Fwiw, some of us had to deal with a bug in the OS where bbm was killing data. 10.3.1.latest fixes this.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 10:36 AM
    It would use roughly the same amount of data as whatsapp, would it not? I don't like rogers anyways

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 12:46 PM
    It would use roughly the same amount of data as whatsapp, would it not? I don't like rogers anyways

Posted via CB10
    Per my post above, it was using 2GB in a month and it wasn't even being used.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 03:13 PM
    Before I left sales, I was top in the country in my company for Z10 sales. I won a device as well as a trip to Barbados
    Wow, what company/country was that?
    04-23-15 03:55 AM
    Wow, what company/country was that?
    Glentel. I worked in the Wireless Etc in the Kitchener Costco, as well as the T-Booth in Guelph and Wireless Wave in Guelph from time to time.
    04-23-15 07:51 AM
    Glentel. I worked in the Wireless Etc in the Kitchener Costco, as well as the T-Booth in Guelph and Wireless Wave in Guelph from time to time.
    That's cool. Was it a BlackBerry sponsored contest? Or just Rogers?
    04-23-15 07:58 AM
    That's cool. Was it a BlackBerry sponsored contest? Or just Rogers?
    It was BlackBerry sponsored for our company only (i'm pretty sure). Who ever sold the most across the company regardless of the provider would win. I think there were 10 or 20 reps from the country who were able to go. I was first... My boss was second. I didn't end up going on the trip in the end as I got another (way better, non-retail) job, so my other colleague, who just missed the trip by one spot, got bumped up and was able to go. My boss was bumped up to #1. We sold soooooo many Z10s... I'm glad I did. I remember my commissions were in the 5 or 6K region that month. Plus bonuses from the carriers. Plus the phone. Plus the trip.
    04-23-15 08:42 AM
    It was BlackBerry sponsored for our company only (i'm pretty sure). Who ever sold the most across the company regardless of the provider would win. I think there were 10 or 20 reps from the country who were able to go. I was first... My boss was second. I didn't end up going on the trip in the end as I got another (way better, non-retail) job, so my other colleague, who just missed the trip by one spot, got bumped up and was able to go. My boss was bumped up to #1. We sold soooooo many Z10s... I'm glad I did. I remember my commissions were in the 5 or 6K region that month. Plus bonuses from the carriers. Plus the phone. Plus the trip.
    Good stuff... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    shahyaz likes this.
    04-23-15 11:04 PM
    Would have been nice if they would have done that across the country with all carriers. Or across the globe.
    04-24-15 09:05 AM
    Would have been nice if they would have done that across the country with all carriers. Or across the globe.
    Actually, they did. They had separate contests for each provider, along with the multicarriers. Glentel was at one point RIM's biggest vendor, but that changed over the years. We noticed that by region, sales differed considerably... The incentive was there, but because my store was located in the KWG corridor, right in Waterloo's backyard, it was an easier sell than in, say Nova Scotia. The Barbados trip did have most people from Ontario, but there were some from BC and Quebec as well.

Most of these competitions are country wide and are carrier based. For the companies that sell more (Glentel used to make up for over 35% of Rogers sales Canada wide... mostly from the KWG corridor), they add extra incentives alongside the country wide contests.
    04-24-15 11:00 AM
41 12