04-24-15 12:00 PM
41 12
tools
    So two of my friends recently got the S6 (one from iOS the other from BB)... both reps told them not to use BBM because it 'kills all their data'

What the hell is going on? How can these people have jobs?

I have used 30mb (wifi and network) through BBM in 20 days...
    04-18-15 11:18 PM
    Nonsense. BBM on my Nexus 5 hardly uses data. Of course if you are going to voice call over cellular data...

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-18-15 11:24 PM
    So two of my friends recently got the S6 (one from iOS the other from BB)... both reps told them not to use BBM because it 'kills all their data'

They need to remember who they are talking too. Majority of the reps in Cell Centres with carriers have little experience, turn over is very high. Don't believe half the stuff a CSR from a carrier tells you.
    04-18-15 11:25 PM
    They need to remember who they are talking too. Majority of the reps in Cell Centres with carriers have little experience, turn over is very high. Don't believe half the stuff a CSR from a carrier tells you.
    Yea... but if you go to a place that sells phones you think that they know what they are talking about. thats the problem.

These guys arent that into tech stuff so they believed the people and I had to show them a screen shot.

I also told them not to send me pictures because i have to pay 50c per, and they said they have free picture messaging... not knowing that it is only free because they pay $5 a month for a package that includes pic messaging. BUT, if they used bbm it would be free!
    04-18-15 11:30 PM
    Cuz they've been told to say that, so you text more while roaming, which is more profitable for Rogers

Posted via CB10
    lovedaazn and kfh227 like this.
    04-18-15 11:34 PM
    Yea... but if you go to a place that sells phones you think that they know what they are talking about. thats the problem.

These guys arent that into tech stuff so they believed the people and I had to show them a screen shot.

I also told them not to send me pictures because i have to pay 50c per, and they said they have free picture messaging... not knowing that it is only free because they pay $5 a month for a package that includes pic messaging. BUT, if they used bbm it would be free!
    That would be the ideal situation , but it's rare to hit a rep with a few years behind their belt...and you have a better chance of hitting a rep with a few months. So, more than likely you are getting a bunch of assumptions thrown at you rather than fact. I use to work in a call centre in telecommunications and turn over was high....nothing has changed . You can usually tel within 20 seconds of your phone call if you are talking to an experienced rep or someone who will be getting the golden hand shake in a few weeks
    04-18-15 11:36 PM
    So dumb.
    04-18-15 11:45 PM
    That would be the ideal situation , but it's rare to hit a rep with a few years behind their belt...and you have a better chance of hitting a rep with a few months. So, more than likely you are getting a bunch of assumptions thrown at you rather than fact. I use to work in a call centre in telecommunications and turn over was high....nothing has changed . You can usually tel within 20 seconds of your phone call if you are talking to an experienced rep or someone who will be getting the golden hand shake in a few weeks
    If you hit one of those, ask to escalate the call, asap, otherwise you're wasting your time and have to explain yourself all over again... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-19-15 12:05 AM
    Just to clarify, I am talking about IN STORE reps.
    04-19-15 12:15 AM
    Partly BlackBerry's fault 'coz they never send any of their staff to train the CSRs. No BB10 demo units as well, only legacy devices.

Posted from a D618
    04-19-15 12:50 AM
    If you hit one of those, ask to escalate the call, asap, otherwise you're wasting your time and have to explain yourself all over again... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    Agreed!!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    04-19-15 01:00 AM
    Partly BlackBerry's fault 'coz they never send any of their staff to train the CSRs. No BB10 demo units as well, only legacy devices.

Posted from a D618
    Partiality, but let's face it..the technology is changing so quick...carriers can't train these employees fast enough and get them to retain all the information they need to. When I was hired in telco 18 years ago (sales). They hired 8 reps for Customer service and 3 for sales. 6 months later out of 6 of the 8 were walked out the door and I was the only sales rep they kept. Turn over is extremely high.

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-19-15 01:05 AM
    Tell the store Rep that Rogers kills cell phone competition! They're in collusion with Bhellus!
    04-19-15 01:31 AM
    As a representative who has worked in both a corporate internal store and a retail store open to the public, I can assure you we are not told to say "BBM uses more data" in fact Rogers uses BlackBerry 10 devices for corporate AND runs both BES5 and BES10 (Not sure if they've upgraded to BES12 yet).

Furthermore, all the employees at my internal location ran BlackBerry devices (BB10) and in the public retail store half the employees had BlackBerry devices (Mixed between BlackBerry 7 and 10).

While it is true some reps are very poorly informed, it's definitely not due to the training that the company as a whole provides.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:04 AM
    Only thing talking to a Rogers rep does is kill your brain cells.

Don't know what's worse, Rogers in store reps or Bells outsourced call centres.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 09:25 AM
    Well the rep was talking about using BBM on their new S6, right? And when BBM first went cross platform I think I remember reading about high data usage? So the rep knew something anyway but wasn't up to date.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-19-15 09:34 AM
    Rogers says that because apps. that are using more data could be profitable, just like selling iphone's with wifi plus. When your 4G network is better than your wifi at home it also switch to 4G data without you knowing it. You will know thanks to there bill but He it's all about the money . Don't use your phone at all only for BBM and kick off whatsapp,facebook,instagram and use one app for all then hopping between the trees.

I work for an operator and they wanted (saying to salespeople) to sell iphone's because that's the phone that eating data (profitable) thanks to the average users and knowledge not knowing how there telephone works and bad OS or maybe it's there for everyone to gain profit (profitable and maybe that is why wifi still is so bad on ios), Android is a second good one and sometimes better if you have a lot of free apps and games, that have free commercials and sometimes send you to a webbrowser link and saying thank you for your telephone nummer and maybe you win .... what the F... . I hate free apps doing that kind of bs.

Glad i made the jump 2 years ago away from Android and have some android apps in the sandbox (container) like Netflix, Banking app, TV app from my cable provider, spotify and 2 news apps for local news. No whatsapp, instagram but have facebook for familie and close friends with false name,email etc. and only check it 2-3 times a month. Also facebook is crap with advertising and messages and 9Gag is more fun.

So why do I like Blackberry, because better OS, HUB ,real multitasking , uniform and clean OS and no lag. O also good reception, build quality and more but it's sunday and it's sunny and my beer glass is empty so I leave you with this

Blackberry Passport

I get my bear and wanted to warn you that some android apps (free) can open apps in the background. For example some app killers. you be warned.
    Last edited by whatsever; 04-19-15 at 10:10 AM.
    04-19-15 09:47 AM
    Actually, the reps aren't entirely wrong. A bit outdated perhaps. For quite a while, the data usage for the BBM for Android app was consuming a noticeable amount of data just sitting in the background without user usage. IIRC, even BBRY acknowledged it as a couple of updates to the app had "reduced data usage" bullet points in the change-log. It's not as bad as it used to be, but at one point my BBM app (with only 3 contacts, no channels, no groups) and having not chatted with anybody on it in weeks, would consume about 150MB of data in a two week period. Some users were reporting even higher numbers. After a series of updates, it's definitely improved, but at one point it was an issue. I recall that it was even discussed quite a bit in the BBM for Android forum on this site.
    04-19-15 10:23 AM

Posted from a D618
    The training on BlackBerry 10 was actually quite extensive. It was on par for the training that was given for selling iPhone.

They handed out demo units. Heck they even away a **** ton of these devices to reps who sold the most BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-19-15 11:01 AM
    As a representative who has worked in both a corporate internal store and a retail store open to the public, I can assure you we are not told to say "BBM uses more data" in fact Rogers uses BlackBerry 10 devices for corporate AND runs both BES5 and BES10 (Not sure if they've upgraded to BES12 yet).

Furthermore, all the employees at my internal location ran BlackBerry devices (BB10) and in the public retail store half the employees had BlackBerry devices (Mixed between BlackBerry 7 and 10).

While it is true some reps are very poorly informed, it's definitely not due to the training that the company as a whole provides.

Posted via CB10
    That's true. It's all to due with them being able to absorb the amount of info being thrown at them

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-19-15 11:07 AM
    Misinformation is the best form of selling something. Make the competition look bad and your product better. Add in the internet full of misinformation on tech and you have the scene set for these scenarios. I remember when HP was restructuring. Sales people at a number of Staples stores were telling people not to buy HP computers as they are going out of the PC business. If you look on the net.. many still are putting forth Blackberry is dying or going bankrupt this year. In sales there is no incentive to be informed... the more you can knock the competition the more chance you have of making a sale.
    04-19-15 11:57 AM
    If you read the OP you would see these people bought S6's not blackberry's.
    FSeverino likes this.
    04-19-15 12:00 PM

I had a great BB interaction with a rep at a carrier store once...............hahahah...no I didn't
    kbz1960 and FSeverino like this.
    04-19-15 01:34 PM
    Actually, the reps aren't entirely wrong. A bit outdated perhaps. For quite a while, the data usage for the BBM for Android app was consuming a noticeable amount of data just sitting in the background without user usage. IIRC, even BBRY acknowledged it as a couple of updates to the app had "reduced data usage" bullet points in the change-log. It's not as bad as it used to be, but at one point my BBM app (with only 3 contacts, no channels, no groups) and having not chatted with anybody on it in weeks, would consume about 150MB of data in a two week period. Some users were reporting even higher numbers. After a series of updates, it's definitely improved, but at one point it was an issue. I recall that it was even discussed quite a bit in the BBM for Android forum on this site.
    I remember that too, it was due to all the analytics data that BBM sent to some remote server constantly. Just like all "free" apps out there, you "pay" with information about you. Google, Microsoft, Apple all do this including BlackBerry. It is funny that some folks tend to think that BlackBerry is simply better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-19-15 02:52 PM
    Well the rep was talking about using BBM on their new S6, right? And when BBM first went cross platform I think I remember reading about high data usage? So the rep knew something anyway but wasn't up to date.
    Yeah, it was a bit of a dog's breakfast when BBM first came out for Android. That sounds vaguely familiar.
    04-19-15 05:36 PM
41 12