10-05-13 07:10 PM
55 123
tools
    If everyone that's bit#hing about the whole rogers thing had bought a z10, Q10 or q5 maybe rogers would have sold more blackberry and would feel a need to stock the z30 . We are all aware of the horrible sales of the bb10 devices.. so why the backlash... i guess that's why we don't run rogers else they would too be on the verge of bankruptcy. If it don't make sense it don't make dollars

Posted via CB10
    Etios likes this.
    10-04-13 09:37 PM
    There is more to it. Apparently a Rogers executive is on the Fairfax BOD....and what better way to ensure the stock price stay low than to have Canada's largest carrier not carry the new flagship device.
    This has become one big joke.

Posted via CB10
    I really hope you are not serious, because that would be an incredibly sick joke and rather disgusting if you ask me.
    10-04-13 09:51 PM
    Rogers is doing what's right for THEM!! They don't owe a fallen company anything. Do you think Rogers is not selling it because they think it will fly off the shelf?? Be real
    That's fine and probably a correct statement. Likewise I will now take my business elsewhere due to this decision as they no longer meet my needs as a customer.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:21 PM
    So Rogers is right and Bell, Telus, Sasktel, MTS, Futureshop, Bestbuy are all wrong?
    you don't make any sense
    10-04-13 10:51 PM
    you don't make any sense
    What aren't you getting? If the z30 is good enough for every other carrier in canada to carry why isn't it good enough for Rogers? Get it?

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-04-13 11:05 PM
    This is a bad PR move for Rogers IMO. Rogers doesnt even have to order that many phones if they think they won't sell very well. They should at least carry some small stock to show their support for this Canadian company, especially after crying to the media about Canadians losing their jobs if Verizon moves in. They look like massive hypocrites.
    10-04-13 11:35 PM
    I really hope you are not serious, because that would be an incredibly sick joke and rather disgusting if you ask me.
    Nope not joking at all. Anyone who believes all these high ranking so called executives do things on the up and up needs to remove their rose colored glasses.
    They don't care about their shareholders, customers, or employees. They care about padding their pockets which they all will very nicely after completely and utterly ruining the company.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:43 PM
    Obviously you didn't read about how Verizon and Sprint owe Apple billions. see they signed contracts that require them to buy billions of dollars worth of iphones... but those iphones aren't selling.
    10-04-13 11:48 PM
    I would agree with you if they didn't just btch and whine about patriotism and Verizon taking away Canadian jobs

Posted via CB10
    Nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:16 AM
    Math is used for a reason... stock up a reasonable amount of Z30s... and sell them... don't over stock when you know it's not going to sell volumes like Samsung or Apple...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:19 AM
    Rogers is doing what's right for THEM!! They don't owe a fallen company anything. Do you think Rogers is not selling it because they think it will fly off the shelf?? Be real
    Of course they don't own them anything. I think people remember that BlackBerry helped Rogers back in the day when they were going through some tough times. This has to do with loyalty and helping a Canadian company out. I can understand their decision, but don't agree with it at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 12:56 AM
    It would of made since had they passed on the Q5... makes no sense to not stock up on Z30s...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 01:00 AM
    I would agree with you if they didn't just btch and whine about patriotism and Verizon taking away Canadian jobs

Posted via CB10
    Oh I got it.. so every company that makes a statement besides blackberry has to actually follow through on it. That's interesting because BlackBerry hasn't followed thru on much but somehow Rogers making a statement (which actually has nothing to do with stocking z30) is wrong. Give it a break. Rogers is making a smart decision that they have learned from earlier mistakes. You guys want to petition and protest start with the right company...BLACKBERRY
    Air Force One likes this.
    10-05-13 01:02 AM
    Why? Are you going to buy all the hardware they get stuck with? So crazy how you guys are crying. What business carries products that don't sell
    They don't have to carry a lot of stock; perhaps a few per store.

The main driving point is that they should be in support of a company that has made them a lot of money in the past, and can use some backing right now.

Makes me wonder how much the Rogers' genius got bribed....
    xBURK likes this.
    10-05-13 01:13 AM
    Opinion on numbers has no place here. What is acceptable is enough sales to keep Blackberry going.
    Looking at all that is occurring to BB, the Canada market is not enough.
    Apparently Rogers feels the same way.
    Just curious. How many markets do Rogers sell to outside of North America?
    10-05-13 01:16 AM
    nothing like one Canadian company abandoning another. Shame on you Rogers. Corporate Canada should be behind Blackberry right now, but oh no, instead they behave like the ruthless bunch they truly are. Good luck Rogers. Out west we have Shaw Cable, and although they could end up behaving the same way, at least I'm not stuck with any of your products. Back stabber.
    10-05-13 01:24 AM
    Hi There,

How embarrassing to be a Canadian at this moment, the No1 Carrier ****ting on its own soil. Not even the Yanks would drop to this level.

Its not about stock, sales and profit, its about support and assistance when you expect and need it from your homeland.

This is a very sad day for Blackberry!
    10-05-13 01:28 AM
    Hi There,

How embarrassing to be a Canadian at this moment, the No1 Carrier ****ting on its own soil. Not even the Yanks would drop to this level.

Its not about stock, sales and profit, its about support and assistance when you expect and need it from your homeland.

This is a very sad day for Blackberry!
    Rogers won't be the last carrier to refuse to carry some Blackberry's. TMobile is another. Virgin Australia don't either. I get the whole "patriotism" thing, but in this case it's a beat up. Besides there are lots of conspiracy theories that could be applied here. The joint Board member on both boards is a good one, along with someone else said Apple must have paid Rogers to kill the Z30.
    10-05-13 03:30 AM
    well I cant see why they couldn't have it a special order . Have some on display and if you want one have it ordered in. There are certainly ways around not carrying a whole lot of stock if that is what is worrying them.
    10-05-13 03:36 AM
    Maybe Blackberry insisted on a certain number as a minimum. Did anyone consider that?
    Rickroller likes this.
    10-05-13 03:40 AM
    Obviously you didn't read about how Verizon and Sprint owe Apple billions. see they signed contracts that require them to buy billions of dollars worth of iphones... but those iphones aren't selling.
    You got any links for the item in bold?

Sprint sold 1.4M iPhones in Q2 2013
    9-30-2013 - With the iPhones help, Verizon dominates summer smartphone sales
    10-05-13 03:40 AM
    You guys just want to embarrass BlackBerry further, best case scenario...

Rogers reverses it's decision, makes a small compromise, allows pre-orders, sells a whopping... wait for it... 46... BlackBerry Z30s (of which 12 get returned) media has another field day.

Just let it be.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 06:17 AM
    You guys just want to embarrass BlackBerry further, best case scenario...

Rogers reverses it's decision, makes a small compromise, allows pre-orders, sells a whopping... wait for it... 46... BlackBerry Z30s (of which 12 get returned) media has another field day.

Just let it be.

Posted via CB10
    OK Mr womp womp

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 09:50 AM
    Rogers sucks anyways and I get a kick out of how they say "one of Canada largest wireless companies"...we only have 3.

Posted via CB10
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    10-05-13 10:47 AM
    Math is used for a reason... stock up a reasonable amount of Z30s... and sell them... don't over stock when you know it's not going to sell volumes like Samsung or Apple...

Posted via CB10
    Never heard of minimal order requirements have you? Thought not.
    10-05-13 10:55 AM
55 123