Opportunity Trends – Investment Opportunities | Best Stock Buy Ideas

Love the apple comparisons, it shows the media's tunnel vision at times like these!
    playbookster likes this.
    12-02-12 09:15 PM
    The media only looks at short term trends, and tries to extrapolate them into long term trends. They have a very hard time seeing the status quo change. Which is among the many reasons why I always take them with a grain of salt when it comes to ANY media reporting.
    12-02-12 09:43 PM
    I don't understand the Apple comparison. Apple is great a creating a need for new products ie ipod,iPhone,iPad etc etc. Everyone is looking at BB10 as Rimm's catch up device. I don't want RIMM to fail, I just fail to see how RIMM's situation correlates with Apple's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 09:46 PM
    I don't understand the Apple comparison. Apple is great a creating a need for new products ie ipod,iPhone,iPad etc etc. Everyone is looking at BB10 as Rimm's catch up device. I don't want RIMM to fail, I just fail to see how RIMM's situation correlates with Apple's.

It's not an absolute 1:1 comparison in my opinion. And yet there are some similarities.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-02-12 10:26 PM

I think there's at least a vague similarity here. I think, if everything I'm reading about BB10 and QNX is correct, that we're going to see a spate of new mobile functionality being introduced by the platform's advanced capabilities, things that most of us aren't thinking about at the moment just as very few were anticipating how much the iPhone would change mobile before it came out. Just a guess. We'll know better about a year from now.
    12-03-12 12:18 AM
    RIM shouldn't be compared with Apple solely because of the difference in content distribution and control. Not to mention Apple's PC business and other business. RIM doesn't need to be another Apple. RIM just needs to survive and hopefully do well.
    12-03-12 12:45 AM

And you think Apple didn't. To be honest these devices you already listed was Apple also playing catch up. Sure these were the first release of these devices but they were the first to produce them or even develope the concept of an mp3 player a smartphone or a tablet, they took an existing product and put their own Apple flare to it and placed it on the shelf under cool.

RIM is doing the same they are not just building a new smartphone they are a new OS a new way of mobile computing with and easy multi tab interface its something that really hasn't been out yet. The whole catch up that people claim they are trying to do is an over used statement their products are still useable and do everything they need the same as what Apples products did when they were in the tanks but the word about their prodcuts is that they are dated and old and don't compete which they don't and I'll a gree to that. What I don't agree with is that Apple/RIM can't be compared simply because they released these products that you stated. You nore I know what RIM has in store for their future product line so to say they won't be the same example is pure crap, Apple after all didn't release the iPod until 2001 a long time in the technology era from when they were going to hit the crapper.

Don't take this defense of the comparison as I totally agree they are the same but for all we know things may turn out to be the same thing we still do not know, the things that we can see and compare are that both were once dominante players in the tech industry only to have it pulled away from them to almost death because of poor business stratagies and increased competition.
    12-03-12 01:47 AM