07-30-10 02:22 PM
    Maybe soon to be last 4?
    07-30-10 03:36 PM
    Maybe soon to be last 4?
    +1

10 char
    07-30-10 04:13 PM
    you guys notice how it says they are expected to release a new smartphone next week??
    07-30-10 04:18 PM
    you guys notice how it says they are expected to release a new smartphone next week??
    You mean that 9800 we've known about for several weeks that the media outlets for some stupid reason have just now heard about.

Maybe the media people should read this forum more. lol

9780 for T-Mobile, 9800 for AT&T... next. lol
    07-30-10 04:49 PM
    You mean that 9800 we've known about for several weeks that the media outlets for some stupid reason have just now heard about.

Maybe the media people should read this forum more. lol

9780 for T-Mobile, 9800 for AT&T... next. lol
    Civic, pay attention :

"RIM (TSX:RIM) is expected to launch the new operating system on a new BlackBerry with both a touchscreen and a slide-out keyboard on Tuesday in New York."

"... both a touchscreen ..." = Storm 3 as well?

- R.
    07-30-10 06:08 PM
    Civic, pay attention :

"RIM (TSX:RIM) is expected to launch the new operating system on a new BlackBerry with both a touchscreen and a slide-out keyboard on Tuesday in New York."

- R.
    It was most likely poor wording - the phrasing states "on a new Blackberry" indicating that there is only one Blackberry going to be released. The writer probably mean a touchscreen with a slide-out keyboard, and poorly using the word 'both' to group the two features of the device.

On topic:
    Amount of BBs sold: Going up.
    Mindshare: Going down.
    = A lot of people are willing to leave/already leaving their BB for other devices, such as Androids or iPhones, and generally RIM is attracting new customers to try out their products. RIM has still yet to include running applications from device memory, and with the gradual decrease in 'application memory' experienced in all previous devices, the 9800 may turn out sluggish. It is not enough providing their devices with a large amount of RAM to substitute for the inability to run applications off memory cards.
    07-30-10 06:24 PM
    Civic, pay attention :

- R.
    No. It clearly says the device has a touchscreen AND a physical keyboard. That = 9800.
    07-30-10 06:26 PM
    It was most likely poor wording - the phrasing states "on a new Blackberry" indicating that there is only one Blackberry going to be released. The writer probably mean a touchscreen with a slide-out keyboard, and poorly using the word 'both' to group the two features of the device. ...
    Argh - I'm tired. That's the only explanation. Thanks, Crackberry Storm.

- R.
    07-30-10 07:25 PM
    No. It clearly says the device has a touchscreen AND a physical keyboard. That = 9800.
    Depends on how you read it; If you did not notice that blackberry was singular (and the naming system behind BBs is rather tricky... Blackberries = not right, Blackberrys = not right, BBs = ok, Blackberry Smartphones = right...) then you may have read it as two different devices (I did the first time around lol, had to reread it)

Argh - I'm tired. That's the only explanation. Thanks, Crackberry Storm.

- R.
    No, it is because of the wording haha Do not worry about it.
    07-30-10 08:19 PM
    Still impressive because all of those devices are smartphones.
    07-30-10 08:35 PM
    One major thing not really being stated here is that Sony Ericsson went from selling over 14.4 Million phones in Q1 09, to 9.8 Million in Q1 10, Motorola went from 16 Million to 9.5 Million. So it was really SE and Motorola taking a bath that put RIM there. RIM went from 7.2 Million to 10.5 Million and Apple went from 3.9 Million to 8.4 Million in same time. RIM OS actually lost smartphone marketshare, and so did Symbian and Windows. Apple and Android increased smartphone marketshare. I think if Apple had a CDMA phone, and released phones on more carriers they would easily be ahead of RIM. If the trending continues, RIM will be at 15.5 Million same time following year, and Apple will be at 17.72 Million, but I also think that Apple can't keep up that growth with only AT&T and only GSM.

I'm hoping that OS 6 is all that it is being hyped up to be. Could be a major boon to RIM.
    07-30-10 09:59 PM
    One major thing not really being stated here is that Sony Ericsson went from selling over 14.4 Million phones in Q1 09, to 9.8 Million in Q1 10, Motorola went from 16 Million to 9.5 Million. So it was really SE and Motorola taking a bath that put RIM there. RIM went from 7.2 Million to 10.5 Million and Apple went from 3.9 Million to 8.4 Million in same time. RIM OS actually lost smartphone marketshare, and so did Symbian and Windows. Apple and Android increased smartphone marketshare. I think if Apple had a CDMA phone, and released phones on more carriers they would easily be ahead of RIM. If the trending continues, RIM will be at 15.5 Million same time following year, and Apple will be at 17.72 Million, but I also think that Apple can't keep up that growth with only AT&T and only GSM.

I'm hoping that OS 6 is all that it is being hyped up to be. Could be a major boon to RIM.
    Good points.
    08-02-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD