This is my first post on crackberry forum ever. I only want to share what RIM did in my country with you guys, but I don't want to disrupt the positive energy in the site so I decided to post it here.

Currently the capitol city of my country is recovering from the flood caused by continuous rains for the last few days. There were some casualties,mainly from people that were trapped inside some building's basement where they worked.

There is no international help yet as far as I know, until I saw a news about RIM cooperating with a carrier here giving free daily BIS subscriptions for people living in the flood area. RIM is the first international brand who is doing this and I think this should be known by more people, as a boost to RIM's image.

The news link is here,but you need to translate it with google first:
    http://m.detik.com/inet/read/2013/01...-korban-banjir

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...-korban-banjir
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 01-20-13 at 07:58 PM. Reason: fixed link and added translation
    01-20-13 05:24 AM
    I hope things improve for you over there my friend. Godspeed.
    01-20-13 08:29 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about the deaths in your country and I wish you all the best. Kudos to RIM for stepping up and helping to maintain communication. That's one of the most important things when disaster strikes.
    01-20-13 10:20 PM
    Currently the capitol city of my country is recovering from the flood caused by continuous rains for the last few days. There were some casualties,mainly from people that were trapped inside some building's basement where they worked.
    Is this another example of the consequences of capitalists treating their low-wage workers like slaves? I hope these companies are outed so we can stop buying from them. May the souls of the deceased find eternal peace.
    01-20-13 10:37 PM
    Is this another example of the consequences of capitalists treating their low-wage workers like slaves? I hope these companies are outed so we can stop buying from them. May the souls of the deceased find eternal peace.
    Whilst that's probably the case in many instances, it appears not to be here:

"He added that scuba divers on Friday managed to rescue two men who had been trapped for more than 24 hours by four-metre (13-foot) high floodwaters in the basement of a building.
    "A man working as a housekeeper was found alive in the morning and the second one was the building technician who was also found alive before midnight," he said.
    01-20-13 10:43 PM
    Best wishes!
    01-21-13 03:41 AM
    Damn hope you alright communication will be vital hopefully BBM works its magic and people get saved and keep in contact.
    01-21-13 09:06 AM