Woke up to this posted on my facebook from the official blackberry page.
    Only reason i posted this is because crackberry main site is down for me. I figured it would be there as well.

Edit: Bla1ze already posted it...

"BlackBerry
    Dear Team BlackBerry: Thanks for your support during the service interruption last week. To show our appreciation, BlackBerry subscribers will receive a selection of premium apps (worth a total value of more than US $100) free of charge from BlackBerry App World. More details to come this week! See the FAQs: Thanking BlackBerry Customers for their Loyalty & Support: FAQs | Facebook See Official Announcement: Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions Info for Business Customers: Enterprise Offer Connect with the BlackBerry Facebook page in your area: BlackBerry - Worldwide Facebook"

Free Apps Include:

• SIMS 3 - Electronic Arts
    • Bejeweled - Electronic Arts
    • N.O.V.A. - Gameloft
    • Texas Hold’em Poker 2 - Gameloft
    • Bubble Bash 2 - Gameloft
    • Photo Editor Ultimate - Ice Cold Apps
    • DriveSafe.ly Pro - iSpeech.org
    • iSpeech Translator Pro - iSpeech.org
    • Drive Safe.ly Enterprise - iSpeech.org
    • Nobex Radio™ Premium - Nobex
    • Shazam Encore - Shazam
    • Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant - Vlingo

Only reason i posted this is because crackberry main site is down for me. I figured it would be there as well.
    Last edited by Frank2029; 10-17-11 at 04:31 AM.
    10-17-11 04:26 AM
    Thanks for this Frank. Should be sticky, at least until the end of the year please.
    10-17-11 05:25 AM
    RIM is doing somethig nice for its customers and for its Java developers who are soon to be without a viable platform once BBX hits.

Two birds, one stone.

Clever.
    10-17-11 07:41 AM
    What this truly re-inforces is that BlackBerry App Developers do indeed make more $$$ and are rewarded to continue their efforts.

Understandably, the developers likely won't be getting their entire 60% on the additional downloads, however any settlement compensation allotted by RIM is going to mean massive amount of revenue for developers and money that I hope will encourage them to support their existing products and push these applications onto BB OS 7, PlayBook OS and the new BBX.

This move is a big win for BB Consumers, BB Developers and RIM. What I think is the takeaway from all this is you don't need 500,000 apps in your store, quality apps > quantity apps. What RIM needs to do is to continue to buck the trend, stick to their guns and learn some kind of PR to get this knowledge out to the public. Yes RIM is going through a huge transition phase, but goodness if they make it through and remain as a viable 3rd alternative, it's going to recreate a new niche and a large one that includes business and consumers that want productivity, accessibility and communication smartphones.
    10-17-11 12:45 PM
    ...but, how many of these apps will function correctly on my 9930?

Sure, it might be worth $100 to SOME, but not ALL of us Blackberry users...they'd be better off posting a $50-75 credit to our accounts and just let us pick and choose which apps we want, when we want them...
    10-17-11 02:46 PM
    About time they release some so called "premium apps" for free. They shouldn't even be as expensive as they are in the first place.

Quite a few of those are free in the Android market. .....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 04:06 PM
    ...but, how many of these apps will function correctly on my 9930?

Sure, it might be worth $100 to SOME, but not ALL of us Blackberry users...they'd be better off posting a $50-75 credit to our accounts and just let us pick and choose which apps we want, when we want them...
    They are under no obligation to provide people with anything, they will have SLA's with their various carrier partners that will have kicked in due to this outage, this offer of apps is in addition to what they are obliged to do.

As far as these ludicrous suggestions of x amount in credit or so much off a new phone, those would cost far too much money compared with this offer because these apps will have only been selected after RIM has done deals with these publishers meaning that they will be paying a single fee rather than per download.
    10-17-11 04:20 PM
    They are under no obligation to provide people with anything, they will have SLA's with their various carrier partners that will have kicked in due to this outage, this offer of apps is in addition to what they are obliged to do.

As far as these ludicrous suggestions of x amount in credit or so much off a new phone, those would cost far too much money compared with this offer because these apps will have only been selected after RIM has done deals with these publishers meaning that they will be paying a single fee rather than per download.

understood - but you don't have to be a PR wiz to see this for what it really is, a half-a$$ed attempt to quiet the uproar...in my opinion, they're better off doing nothing and just focusing their efforts on building their brand back up through quality devices/services...instead, they've extended a broken olive branch to me - "great, what the he11 am I supposed to do with THIS, now?"

My point was simply, if they INSISTED on doing something, then just slap a $ figure out there, and call it good...don't provide me a mostly useless 'oops, we're sorry' card...c'mon - is there really no common sense left in the business world anymore?
    10-17-11 04:32 PM
    Your common sense would be do nothing at all?

That makes sense. .....

10-17-11 05:03 PM
    Here's the way I see it:The reparations are not related to the disruption in service that the outage caused. However, RIM stated that the measure they took was an attempt to offer a good will gesture for BIS users' 'patience' during the outage. It was a simple effort to offer some form of reparation that could be easily implemented to all users in a quick timeframe. Some users here were wondering about free service for a specified time period or a rebate, but those options would be complicated, costly and difficult to implement. The app solution was just easy for RIM to put into practice quickly. Will all BIS users be happy with it? Of course not. If you're not then don't download the apps. Personally, I felt RIM did what they could to rectify the problem quickly and they are now offering a good will gesture without requirement. So, relax and enjoy the free apps. Or not.
    10-17-11 05:48 PM
    what I enjoy most about he free apps, is once they're on your appworld profile, they're free forever to re-download.
    10-17-11 06:11 PM
    what I enjoy most about he free apps, is once they're on your appworld profile, they're free forever to re-download.

Are you sure about that? I purchased some apps once and had to wipe my phone and lost all of them.
    10-17-11 08:42 PM
    Are you sure about that? I purchased some apps once and had to wipe my phone and lost all of them.
    You don't lose them from your account...
    10-17-11 08:45 PM
    You don't lose them from your account...
    Exactly my point that was missed.

10-17-11 08:56 PM
    I'm new to BB from iPhone. I left iphone because all it did well was games. But, all the free give-aways are games. I didn't buy my 9810 for games. The apps for OS7 are slow in coming, or not coming. And OS7 is full of glitches, memory leaks, and just not as reliable as apple OS. So far the pros still outweight the cons, but I'm beginning to get the feeling I had with my Palm before everybody, including developers, jumped ship. If I wanted games I would have stuck with my IPhone. The free apps mean nothing. RIM can keep their reparations. Just deliver a stable platform with apps to make my life easier. A future for that platform would be nice, too. (At least through my contract term) It's looking pretty bleak so far.

10-17-11 10:24 PM
    I'm new to BB from iPhone. I left iphone because all it did well was games. But, all the free give-aways are games. I didn't buy my 9810 for games. The apps for OS7 are slow in coming, or not coming. And OS7 is full of glitches, memory leaks, and just not as reliable as apple OS. So far the pros still outweight the cons, but I'm beginning to get the feeling I had with my Palm before everybody, including developers, jumped ship. If I wanted games I would have stuck with my IPhone. The free apps mean nothing. RIM can keep their reparations. Just deliver a stable platform with apps to make my life easier. A future for that platform would be nice, too. (At least through my contract term) It's looking pretty bleak so far.

No memory leak on OS 7. It's not slow or buggy, because I have tested more than a dozen in store and they were snappy. If you don't like it, why did you get the device in the first place?

10-17-11 10:37 PM
    Anyone noticed this yet??? In appworld

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 12:37 AM
    I'm new to BB from iPhone. I left iphone because all it did well was games. But, all the free give-aways are games. I didn't buy my 9810 for games.
    You are using 'all' in that unusual sense of 5 out of the 12 are games I take it?
    10-18-11 03:18 AM
    I wonder...if you installed the free apps and uninstall it, it remains in your uninstalled sections. Once Dec 31st passes, will I still be able to install it because it's in my uninstalled list for free?
    10-19-11 01:40 PM
    I wonder...if you installed the free apps and uninstall it, it remains in your uninstalled sections. Once Dec 31st passes, will I still be able to install it because it's in my uninstalled list for free?
    I hope so. Better use BBSAK to back the COD's up and copy it over to a usb stick for safe keeping.

applyglove likes this.
    10-19-11 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD