RIM is getting smart at the expense of BGR!! Have u guys noticed how BGR has failed to give a lead about what will be part of the DevCon Demo.

Normally they are like months ahead of the news.I think RIM has learnt to guard it's secrets and I am sure BGR is mad about it.
    Jake Storm and Jake2826 like this.
    10-17-11 03:58 AM
    BGR probably did not report DevCon because it did not have APPLE written across it in large letters.

If it says Apple, BGR WILL always report it. If it does not then it might get a mention, just maybe.
    10-17-11 04:00 AM
    I agree they are iBGR.But even then they still used to break so many news about RIM.Like Blackberry colt, OS 7 lineup, OS 7 delays etc not this time.They have no clue what's going to happen at Devcon this year.That means RIM is outsmarting them by keeping it's projects secret.Nice change!!
    10-17-11 04:10 AM
    they are getting more and more biased to Apple as the days pass. I wont be surprised when they drop all coverage of non Apple devices and services.

i still go there to see what they have on the page, it's good to learn about other tech too.
    10-17-11 04:23 AM
    10-17-11 05:27 AM
    huh. bgr? is that a dumping place?
    chiefbroski and Jake Storm like this.
    10-17-11 05:34 AM
    I agree they are iBGR.But even then they still used to break so many news about RIM.Like Blackberry colt, OS 7 lineup, OS 7 delays etc not this time.They have no clue what's going to happen at Devcon this year.That means RIM is outsmarting them by keeping it's projects secret.Nice change!!
    perhaps the fellow that was bgr's leak is amongst the recently departed.
    10-17-11 05:45 AM
    perhaps the fellow that was bgr's leak is amongst the recently departed.
    I was going to post this same thought!
    10-17-11 07:07 AM
    You don't bite the hand that feeds. Its one thing to post information that may not be favorable, but they make sure to twist the dagger with smart a$$ comments and hyperbole every time, and probably to give some red meat to that unruly mob Apple and Android fans that troll the discussions.

Maybe BGR's leaker from RIM was removed in the recent downsizing, or maybe because some of the more recent leaks were so wrong, maybe RIM flushed out the leaker and corrected it. Either way RIM doesn't need to give any love to BGR because other than the one guy there saying the Playbook was his ideal tablet, they have shown zero love to RIM.
    10-17-11 08:31 AM
    ...or they just don't think RIM or DEVCON is not relevant enough to dedicate cycles to. However, I'm sure that any negative news that can be reported will hit their main page.

I agree, like much of the internet media, they have become a shill for Apple.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 10-17-11 at 10:37 AM.
    10-17-11 08:31 AM
    I follow BGR on twitter, which makes it easier to skip all the iCrap that isn't actually news but blog fanboism at its greatest.
    10-17-11 09:28 AM
    From my understanding I didn't think any suprises are going to happen at Devcon. They already talked about what was being shown right?

A qnx prototype and the mentioning of os 2.0 with a releasing coming soon after. What else is there?
    10-17-11 09:39 AM
    sorry, what is BGR ?
    it's www.bgr.com . A technology review and commenting site.
    10-17-11 01:06 PM
    Apple has just released the best selling phone of all time. Like it or not,... That's the news the rest of the world cares about now. No one is giving any thought to what RIM may or may not do to save themselves.
    10-17-11 06:31 PM
    I am sure they will have reports of Dev should they find any angle that playbook os2 etc didn't live up to expectations.
    10-17-11 06:38 PM
    Meh, BGR is almost as bad as engadget these days. BGR doesn't have any insiders anymore and not just at RIM. And their reviews are almost as biased as engadgets.
    10-17-11 08:40 PM
    RIM is getting smart at the expense of BGR!! Have u guys noticed how BGR has failed to give a lead about what will be part of the DevCon Demo.

Normally they are like months ahead of the news.I think RIM has learnt to guard it's secrets and I am sure BGR is mad about it.
    Maybe like most, BGR simply doesn't care?
    10-17-11 09:01 PM
    sorry, what is BGR ?
    I'm sure if they embellished and portrayed RIM in a favorable light you would know who BGR is.
    10-17-11 09:03 PM
    I cant stand it when they use the word "exclusive". Every article has the word exclusive in, just report what you got. Go away BGR!
    10-17-11 09:07 PM
    BGR is good but they will probably soon be like Engadget.
    10-17-11 09:36 PM
    sorry, what is BGR ?
    Not much.
    10-17-11 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD