07-06-12 06:31 PM
103 ... 345
tools
    Care packages? Am I reading that right? What's next, prayer circles?

This ultimate in fanboyism is reminds me a bit of how teenyboppers support their pop idols. Voting in polls, defend their idols on blogs and social media sites, wear a common t-shirt (or avatar or banner), buy multiple copies of albums, etc. Most tellingly, the emotional reactions when their idol is criticized, as if it were a personal attack.
    As a software developer, if a care package of home baked cookies arrived in the mail, I would be touched, but the cookies would remain untouched.
    07-06-12 11:23 AM
    As a software developer, if a care package of home baked cookies arrived in the mail, I would be touched, but the cookies would remain untouched.
    Yeah, I don't think it would be smart for anyone to eat cookies that some stranger sent in the mail show support.
    07-06-12 11:52 AM
    Yeah, I don't think it would be smart for anyone to eat cookies that some stranger sent in the mail show support.
    Too bad there is no Cookies by George in the East. Yummy!
    07-06-12 06:31 PM
103 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD