I got an email today from RIM about upcoming forums.

Included is an agenda. Part of it reads:

"The landscape of the BlackBerry ecosystem is evolving to provide more function, more control and more possibilities for your business. Planning your backend infrastructure is a critical part in ensuring the long-term success of your mobile deployment. This session will guide you through the requirements for BlackBerry smartphones, BlackBerry PlayBook and additional personal liable devices. We will also provide the basics, tips and examples of how to architect a scalable, cost-controlled solution that provides the best-in-class BlackBerry manageability, reliability and security."
    To me, this suggests that RIM is expanding BES to include other devices. What are "personal liable devices" anyway?
    10-17-11 01:45 PM
    this was rumored awhile back also. its probably coming and more than a rumor but we just have to see like always
    10-17-11 01:52 PM
    received the same email. it's too bad the locations they are holding it at is nowhere close to me. i wonder if this has something to do with acquiring Ubitexx
    10-17-11 02:05 PM
    They always have supported symbian, windows mobile, palm trough blackberry connect, I had bis on a nokia E61 for a few weeks a few years ago using Blackberry Connect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 03:07 AM
    Perhaps the rumours about BBM in particular being rolled out across iOS and Android also are true.
    10-18-11 06:30 AM
    Perhaps the rumours about BBM in particular being rolled out across iOS and Android also are true.
    Well this announcement doesn't lend itself to that speculation at all

All it does is solidify the rumors that RIM is working to allow BES admins the ability to manage non BlackBerry devices on their network,
    They are doing this to keep BES in customers, as more customers allow non RIM phones, the cost of maintaining a BES for fewer and fewer employee's turns to the decision to no longer support BES, and thus NO BlackBerry's are in the organization,
    10-18-11 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD