08-18-17 02:03 AM
117 ... 2345
tools
    Is that a PlayBook in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
    09-26-11 11:50 AM
    Who said anything about tablets?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Who said anything about me having to carry around an HDMI cable?
    09-26-11 11:53 AM
    Well I've only had mine for a little over a year and I think it's 'cool'. I think the whole cool factor in terms of smartphones is something that teens would be dealing with more than adults. Though I certainly think there is a growing segment of society that wants to have the latest cutting edge technology and thus the 'coolest' devices. It's all harmless fun I think until it gets taken to obsessive levels.
    09-26-11 01:26 PM
    There's a ringtone in the downloads section that goes:

"You have a sidekick and I have a blackberry, aahahahahahahahaah"

Makes me lol.
    09-26-11 03:47 PM
    Quick question. Why are there so many Apple fans on a Blackberry site? I'm kinda new here and don't own a Blackberry phone but it really seems strange. Could it be you are trying to justify spending an enormous amount of money on something that sucks as a phone? I guess you can play some cool games on it but really what else does it do? I know it's the most expensive phone on the market so because you own one you must be rich right? Ouch! That even hurts here.
    09-26-11 06:47 PM
    Quick question. Why are there so many Apple fans on a Blackberry site? I'm kinda new here and don't own a Blackberry phone but it really seems strange. Could it be you are trying to justify spending an enormous amount of money on something that sucks as a phone? I guess you can play some cool games on it but really what else does it do? I know it's the most expensive phone on the market so because you own one you must be rich right? Ouch! That even hurts here.
    Yes, you figured us out.
    09-26-11 06:52 PM
    Thank you!
    09-26-11 06:54 PM
    That article was really well done, if anyone took the time to read it (I know some did but not all will). Thanks for sharing OP.
    majority of readers are in a big rush this days so that why most of them don't read and just assume what is all about in a sharing post or thread.
    Last edited by UnknownError507; 09-26-11 at 10:45 PM.
    09-26-11 10:37 PM
    Blackberrys are cool IMO this is just negative PR being thrown at RIM! Sure the numbers are bad but not that bad! The company by now realizes what it has to do and the latest devices show that.
    Hello...I'm from future...2017 a.d. to be specific...
    In the future a **** company known as apple will rise and subsequently a cheaper variant of smartphone os android will dominate...and they're nowhere safer as bb was!!! They're like hungry coyote feeding on your data...(Not internet only but personal data!!! To that extent that if you flash your device and re-register with your gmail you can get all your data up to date!!! (Many dumb people love this!!! But people from future!!! They're stealing your data...whatever you're doing in whole day!!! Like there's a movie in future Kingsman...watch that!!!) Please make sure we won't turn to new smartphones...and continue using java...and if someone from RIM is reading this...guys you don't have to join bandwagon...and don't create os 10...just use the java...make developers develop apps on this...and please don't let TCL a chinese company make your smartphones...we're blackberry!!! And don't enter into android...

Ciao from Future

Signed-
    Dr. Arpit Bavaskar
    Sunday,Feb. 12,2017
    9:05:51 AM
    02-11-17 09:37 PM
    In the future a **** company known as apple will rise and subsequently a cheaper variant of smartphone os android will dominate...and they're nowhere safer as bb was!!! They're like hungry coyote feeding on your data...(Not internet only but personal data!!! To that extent that if you flash your device and re-register with your gmail you can get all your data up to date!!! (Many dumb people love this!!! But people from future!!! They're stealing your data...whatever you're doing in whole day!!! Like there's a movie in future Kingsman...watch that!!!) Please make sure we won't turn to new smartphones...and continue using java...and if someone from RIM is reading this...guys you don't have to join bandwagon...and don't create os 10...just use the java...make developers develop apps on this...and please don't let TCL a chinese company make your smartphones...we're blackberry!!! And don't enter into android...

Ciao from Future

Signed-
    Dr. Arpit Bavaskar
    Sunday,Feb. 12,2017
    The Chinese have been making their handests for a while now, I don't remember which was the last I had made in NA (MEXICO) take off your tin hat and enjoy life, it's too short to worry about who wants to target an ad at you! If you have stuff to hide, then don't share it electronically. Everyone here knows the risks by now, we have just decided to stop blowing things out of the water and start living our lives without fear of sillyness. If someone wants to steal my data, go ahead, you'll just be taking all of my debts with it.

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-12-17 07:09 AM

Ciao from Future

Signed-
    Dr. Arpit Bavaskar
    Sunday,Feb. 12,2017
    WOW you managed you get your message back in time a whole day.... keep working at it. Feb 11, 2005 should be your target.

FYI... they won't believe you.
    02-14-17 07:39 AM
    Because it's the "other fruit" and most of us (broad statement) hate android and love BB10 and don't want to migrate to Droid. Either that, or many of us have multiple phones and like to switch up daily drivers because we are crazy tech enthusiasts.
    wilber1 likes this.
    02-18-17 09:58 PM
    My blackberry 9900's and bb9000 are both kool and functional. If someone has to ask me why then no amount of logic on my part will convince others. So, to me, my 9900 and 9000 are still kool and functional and are my daily drivers.
    02-19-17 05:05 AM
    Push-to-Talk and BlackBerry.... both where signs of success back in those days long past.
    03-13-17 08:24 AM
    My blackberry 9900's and bb9000 are both kool and functional. If someone has to ask me why then no amount of logic on my part will convince others. So, to me, my 9900 and 9000 are still kool and functional and are my daily drivers.
    would love to hear from you in the 9900 forum. Invite sent.

-sent from a beautiful Bold 9900
    03-18-17 04:23 AM
    Definitely it was, when i had my first blackberry pearl 8120, i had my friends with popped out eyes just to have a look at the phone.
    03-24-17 05:46 AM
    I still think it's cool to have a blackberry device, why follow the crowd of android and iphone, not that there bad stuff, imo sticking out from the crowd draws attention and makes you unique which in turn makes you cool

Posted via CB10
    scufutz, sarahgad and super_rigel like this.
    03-27-17 04:59 PM

Ciao from Future

Signed-
    Dr. Arpit Bavaskar
    Sunday,Feb. 12,2017
    Wow. Even for me its hard to read and to understand. But I think you love BB10 and thats a great POSITIVE. Big PLUS!!!

via Passport OG
    03-27-17 05:46 PM
    It still is cool in a "hipster" sort of way...
    03-27-17 08:50 PM
    I still think it's cool to have a blackberry device, why follow the crowd of android and iphone, not that there bad stuff, imo sticking out from the crowd draws attention and makes you unique which in turn makes you cool

Posted via CB10
    I think i agree with you on this, it always feels great to be standing out of the crowd.
    03-28-17 08:27 AM
    Push-to-Talk and BlackBerry.... both where signs of success back in those days long past.
    Exactly! Hence my favorite BlackBerry of all time was the 8350i.
    03-28-17 08:45 AM
    Exactly! Hence my favorite BlackBerry of all time was the 8350i.
    Gotta love them curves!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-17 09:22 AM
    Remember when owning an iPhone was cool? BlackBerry is definitely cooler than iPhone these days. I always get interested comments on the design of my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-04-17 12:57 PM
    Remember when owning a BlackBerry was cool?
    I do...I do.....and it was just last week that,that PASSPORT was cool... oh! those were the days.

(okay I could see how someone thought I was being sarcastic about it getting a little warm sometimes...but no i really wasn't)
    04-12-17 04:57 AM
    I remember when owning a blackberry was cool or at least something surprising.

I went off to college after 9/11/01. One of the things my dad remembered was that Blackberries were the only devices that worked, because cell towers were overloaded, but e-mails went through. So when I went to college in DC, I went off with a Blackberry. I can't remember which model it was, but based on a quick internet search, I think it was a 7230 or something similar. I was the only one of my friends with a smartphone/Blackberry, and one of my best friends was quick to defend me and say I had a Blackberry, but not a Crackberry problem.

When a group of us were trying to drive someplace and didn't have MapQuest directions, we tried to navigate using my blackberry. It didn't work too well, but we did get where we were going. It worked far better when one of my best friends/roommates wanted sports scores when we were having dinner.

Now, people are still surprised when they find out I have a blackberry but for a very different reason. Many people are surprised that Blackberries still exist in the wild. When a store/company starts to tell me about their app, my standard line is "I'm one of the last Blackberry users in North America." It usually gets a laugh and no one gives me a hard time.

When it comes to talking to people about Blackberry, I often use the old Tareyton Cigarettes slogan "I'd rather fight than switch."
    05-22-17 11:04 PM
117 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD