All that proves is that people are satisfied with their iPhone and want to get the next version. Kudos to Apple.
    True but also I suspect some buy it for the logo on the back.
    Also, it was the tech world that called them sheep, I wouldn't even know if it wasn't for CNET.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 11:11 AM
    No, not simply upgrade, the survey was done long before iphone 5 info came out, they basically said they would buy it no matter what size, shape or specs. I heard about this in a CNET podcast, Buzzoutloud it's called and even they thought it was ridiculous.

That's because most iPhone users are extremely happy with their device and are willing to buy the next one because they know they will be happy with it as well. The iPhone is the top consumer smartphone in the world. It has the highest satisfaction ratings.

With that being said, it really is not hard to imagine why people would be willing to upgrade without knowing anything about the device. They have come to expect a certain performance and quality from Apple. Guess why people keep buying? Because Apple keeps delivering.

I don't think anybody would say they would buy any blackberry model sight unseen. The most I would say would be that I would buy the best blackberry at the time of my upgrade. But usually there is no blackberry sight unseen, pictures always leak.

You have got to be kidding me. You are just lying to support your claim, or completely oblivious to what happens on this forum.

When the 9000 came out. People were ranting and raving how good it was, and how much better it would be if it had a touchscreen. People were already saying they would buy the device.

People were ready to buy the PlayBook as soon as a "BlackBerry tablet" was mentioned. This was even before it had an actual name.

And you are saying it is more justifiable that people are ready to by future BBs because of leaked pictures? Are you serious. Every single BB for the last 3 years has almost looked exactly the same. For all you know, you could have been looking at the device model before it.

It's ok though, because it is BlackBerry.

I am going to buy the new Xbox when it comes out. I have no clue what the specs are, what it looks like or anything else. Am I a sheep, or am I a person who just prefers a certain platform and the expectations that come with it? According to your logic, I am a sheep.
    09-26-11 11:14 AM
    Also, it was the tech world that called them sheep, I wouldn't even know if it wasn't for CNET.
    Just like BB users buy BBs just because it is a BB. This happens on every platform. More Apple users do it because more Apple users are satisfied with their product and services.

If RIM was pulling in numbers like this and had the same satisfaction results, you wouldn't be calling the users sheep.
    09-26-11 11:16 AM
    Just like BB users buy BBs just because it is a BB. This happens on every platform. More Apple users do it because more Apple users are satisfied with their product and services.

If RIM was pulling in numbers like this and had the same satisfaction results, you wouldn't be calling the users sheep.
    I would call sheep anybody that would say they would buy the future QNX blackberry sight unseen but I doubt there would be many.

09-26-11 11:18 AM
    There's something wrong with the mindset of anyone who thinks that someone is "cool" or "hip" or "uncool", based on what phone they are currently using. Having said that, by the time I got a Storm, I think RIM's boat had already sailed...and now that I have a Droid, I don't feel any more "cool"--I'm just on heck of a lot HAPPIER WITH MY PHONE!!
    09-26-11 11:19 AM
    There's something wrong with the mindset of anyone who thinks that someone is "cool" or "hip" or "uncool", based on what phone they are currently using. Having said that, by the time I got a Storm, I think RIM's boat had already sailed...and now that I have a Droid, I don't feel any more "cool"--I'm just on heck of a lot HAPPIER WITH MY PHONE!!
    I doubt anybody would feel cool with a droid in the hand lol

09-26-11 11:22 AM
    I would call sheep anybody that would say they would buy the future QNX blackberry sight unseen but I doubt there would be many.

There are people on this site waiting to buy the first QNX device right now. Why do you think threads like "should I wait for QNX" keep popping up? People are waiting to buy the first QNX device that comes out.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-11 11:22 AM
    I personally don't know a single person who buys a device based solely on the brand coolness factor.

My grandma and 60 year old parents must be trying despertely to fit in! Lol. Grandma must have been sassed at bingo for having an uncool Blackberry! Haha.

Im glad my friends and family arent that shallow.
    09-26-11 11:23 AM
    Yes. Nokia Phones can hack. thats awesome.

Windows phone 7 Is also cool. i just dont like it.

I said Windows Mobile. Not the same thing.

And I was being sarcastic and ironic.
    09-26-11 11:25 AM
    There are people on this site waiting to buy the first QNX device right now. Why do you think threads like "should I wait for QNX" keep popping up? People are waiting to buy the first QNX device that comes out.
    Yeah, waiting, not willing to buy it sight unseen. Some carriers are already taking iphone5 pre orders.

09-26-11 11:25 AM
    I personally don't know a single person who buys a device based solely on the brand coolness factor.

My grandma and 60 year old parents must be trying despertely to fit in! Lol. Grandma must have been sassed at bingo for having an uncool Blackberry! Haha.

Im glad my friends and family arent that shallow.
    Once your grandma has the same phone as you, it's no longer cool lol

i7guy likes this.
    09-26-11 11:27 AM
    Wouldn't that make sense though? The iPhone will look exactly the same as the other ones, have the same OS and features PLUS added features! Seems reasonable to me. If they like their current device, and a newer one with better specs is released...why WOULDN'T they want to upgrade to it.

Again, to me, it shows how happy people are with their iPhone.
    09-26-11 11:29 AM

Why not? What about having an Android device in your hand makes you uncool, and why can't a person feel cool with it?

You people don't get it. The object doesn't make you cool, it is the person who is holding the object who is the cool one. No cellphone can bring down your cool factor. The only people you will lose "cool cred" is people on tech forums.

The device doesn't matter, the person holding it does.
    09-26-11 11:33 AM
    Let's review. You went from this (emphasis added):

I don't think anybody would say they would buy any blackberry model sight unseen.
    to this:

Put simply, in sixteen minutes time you went from "I don't think anybody would buy a blackberry model sight unseen" to "I doubt there would be many." That's a pretty quick flip-flop.

Now for your next contradiction:

The most I would say would be that I would buy the best blackberry at the time of my upgrade. But usually there is no blackberry sight unseen, pictures always leak.
    You do realize that there's only one iPhone per year, so the "best" one is the current one. Therefore, when someone says "I'm interested in the iPhone 5," it's not like they're picking from a whole set of iPhones; they're acting on the assumption that the iPhone 5 will be the best available iPhone at the time of its launch. Now, if it's okay for you to say you'd buy the "best" BlackBerry available at the time of your upgrade, why is it not okay for iPhone users to say they're getting the iPhone 5?

Lastly, even with your own data, you're talking about something (this 35% number) that represents 1 out of 3 polled users. . . not only is that far short of a majority, but the "yes group" is only slightly more than half the size of the "no" group.
    09-26-11 11:35 AM
    Word. I feel uncool no matter what I'm doing. I make trendy things look lame.

And the QNX argument isnt valid. We don't yet know what a QNX Blackberry device will be like.
    09-26-11 11:36 AM
    Yeah, waiting, not willing to buy it sight unseen. Some carriers are already taking iphone5 pre orders.

If carriers were offering preorder right now for the first QNX device, there would be people who would preorder.

Carriers open preorders for the iPhone 5 because they know they are going to make a boatload of money. The iPhone is the best selling smartphone in history. Of course they are going to do this. Carriers don't open preorders for the first QNX device because they have no clue if RIM is going to be able to deliver.

There is a big difference.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-26-11 11:38 AM
    Let's review. You went from this (emphasis added):

to this:

Put simply, in sixteen minutes time you went from "I don't think anybody would buy a blackberry model sight unseen" to "I doubt there would be many." That's a pretty quick flip-flop.

Now for your next contradiction:

You do realize that there's only one iPhone per year, so the "best" one is the current one. Therefore, when someone says "I'm interested in the iPhone 5," it's not like they're picking from a whole set of iPhones; they're acting on the assumption that the iPhone 5 will be the best available iPhone at the time of its launch. Now, if it's okay for you to say you'd buy the "best" BlackBerry available at the time of your upgrade, why is it not okay for iPhone users to say they're getting the iPhone 5?

Lastly, even with your own data, you're talking about something (this 35% number) that represents 1 out of 3 polled users. . . not only is that far short of a majority, but the "yes group" is only slightly more than half the size of the "no" group.
    Lol, to you "I don't think" and "I doubt" is not the same thing in that context?

09-26-11 11:39 AM
    Word. I feel uncool no matter what I'm doing. I make trendy things look lame.

And the QNX argument isnt valid. We don't yet know what a QNX Blackberry device will be like.
    actually, I think I know what it will be like. Half-baked, not ready for prime-time, and LATE TO THE PARTY. RIM's ship left port without anyone at the helm. It will be crashing into some hapless island any day now...
    09-26-11 11:40 AM
    I don't feel cool using any phone..but I will admit that my phone itself gets lots of "thats cool" comments when I'm streaming stuff from it via HDMI to the bigscreen..or when I'm using webtop mode thru the bigscreen..or when I pull out my lapdock and access full size spreadsheets, and run my home computer thru my phone. Does that make me cool though? Nope..just the phone.
    1812dave likes this.
    09-26-11 11:42 AM
    If carriers were offering preorder right now for the first QNX device, there would be people who would preorder.

Carriers open preorders for the iPhone 5 because they know they are going to make a boatload of money. The iPhone is the best selling smartphone in history. Of course they are going to do this. Carriers don't open preorders for the first QNX device because they have no clue if RIM is going to be able to deliver.

There is a big difference.
    Maybe best selling "phone", but Android's market share is far greater. 57%. and growing. wait til ICS. Apple is afraid of the new Kindle, anything that Samsung makes...Apple would rather compete in the courtroom than let consumers decide which products to buy. Kinda tells how Apple feels about it's long term chances...
    09-26-11 11:42 AM
    I don't feel cool using any phone..but I will admit that my phone itself gets lots of "thats cool" comments when I'm streaming stuff from it via HDMI to the bigscreen..or when I'm using webtop mode thru the bigscreen..or when I pull out my lapdock and access full size spreadsheets, and run my home computer thru my phone. Does that make me cool though? Nope..just the phone.
    Do you walk around with a HDMI cable in your pocket lol? That's definitely not cool

up488 likes this.
    09-26-11 11:45 AM
    RIM's ship left port without anyone at the helm. It will be crashing into some hapless island any day now...
    Mike and Jim in their younger days

1812dave likes this.
    09-26-11 11:47 AM
    Do you walk around with a HDMI cable in your pocket lol? That's definitely not cool

And a Playbook in the pocket is?
    1812dave likes this.
    09-26-11 11:48 AM
    Maybe best selling "phone", but Android's market share is far greater. 57%. and growing. wait til ICS. Apple is afraid of the new Kindle, anything that Samsung makes...Apple would rather compete in the courtroom than let consumers decide which products to buy. Kinda tells how Apple feels about it's long term chances...
    This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said or what is being discussed.

There is a reason why Android is gaining so much marketshare, and that reason is not because Android is "the best" (before you bash me, I will just state that Android is my favorite platform). Go to China and ask ZTE how they are doing with their budget devices. Android only sells well because of the cheap handets. There is no single Android device that comes close to iPhone numbers.

You don't have to preach to me about Android. I was using it before you were considering it.

Samsung just announced they have moved 10mill Galaxy S 2s since it first launched. Apple sold 20mil iPhones in Q2 alone.

But let's get back on topic, which is not Android marketshare.
    09-26-11 11:49 AM
    And a Playbook in the pocket is?
    Who said anything about tablets?

09-26-11 11:49 AM
117 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD