08-18-17 02:03 AM
117 1234 ...
tools
    Mindless mob? It's all about efficiency, the internet is TWICE as fast on android. If you use it a few times a day, BB costs you time. I'm nearly as fast typing on my virtual keyboard. Some people are so mindlessly loyal to BB they refuse to see how far behind BB has fallen. If the new QNX has LTE and is has the quality build of the 9900 with the app capability of an android, you'll see market share for RIM increase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    efficiency? the android browser may be slightly faster, but I'll take my blackberry browser with its efficient data compression technology and my lower monthly bill anyday.

efficiency is in the eye of the beholder.
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    09-24-11 11:26 AM
    In the US a BlackBerry data plan is the same as an Android data plan. $30/month for unlimited. That's what most of us have, on VZW anyway.

Oh yeah, and free audible navigation. I save $10/month from when I had my Blackberry.
    09-24-11 11:30 AM
    Remember when wearing your sweatshirt backwards and inside out was cool? You know you did it!
    They put all those kids in the special ed classes.
    bembol likes this.
    09-24-11 12:04 PM
    In the US a BlackBerry data plan is the same as an Android data plan. $30/month for unlimited. That's what most of us have, on VZW anyway.

Oh yeah, and free audible navigation. I save $10/month from when I had my Blackberry.
    That's only for grandfathered customers. I do not have VZW currently, and if I were to switch to them, I would get a tiered data plan that is not unlimited.
    Thaefner18 likes this.
    09-24-11 12:25 PM
    Wait. Are you saying Android and iPhone Handsets are cooler?
    Well the people who use them at least.

Because IMO they aren't. Following the gradient was never cool, If RIM was selling like crazy it wouldn't be cool.

BlackBerries are cool. We are the minority.
    Ah, so Symbian and Windows Mobile devices are the coolest devices in the USA. I get it! Nokia and Microsoft made a HUGE mistake... They should let Meg Whitman come in and rectify this!
    09-24-11 12:56 PM

oh i wish we could have this type of data plans here in Canada....87$ for 6G data plan pff i might think is to much!!
    09-24-11 01:00 PM
    Agree 100%. As more of the mindless mob flock to Apple and android, the less and less I want one.

"Cool" is being able to think for yourself, and not following the herd.
    Switching to a platform and devices that out performs BBOS (fact) is not mindless, it's smart. We all want out moneys worth and blind loyalty like yours is becoming a thing of the past.

You should take your own advice
    09-24-11 01:04 PM
    efficiency? the android browser may be slightly faster, but I'll take my blackberry browser with its efficient data compression technology and my lower monthly bill anyday.

efficiency is in the eye of the beholder.
    efficient data compression? That goes on the WGAS list of things average consumers are looking for in a mobile device.

Salesman: Now take this BB device, it's not good in many areas where iPhone or Android excel but it has efficient data compression!

Customer: HUH?!?!?
    Last edited by JD914; 09-24-11 at 01:14 PM.
    09-24-11 01:11 PM
    Ah, so Symbian and Windows Mobile devices are the coolest devices in the USA. I get it! Nokia and Microsoft made a HUGE mistake... They should let Meg Whitman come in and rectify this!
    Yes. Nokia Phones can hack. thats awesome.

Windows phone 7 Is also cool. i just dont like it.

09-24-11 01:12 PM
    I love how people automatically assume people just buy these devices to "follow the herd" or because they are "sheep". What if you actually like the device and made your own informed decision? What if the device suits your needs better? What if your device actually helps you run your business better?

You people who assume there are a ton of Android and iPhone users just because it is "trendy" are a bunch of fools. By being a BB user because you don't want to follow the crowd, you are essentially following another crowd. The crowd that doesn't want to follow the bigger one. So for even attempting to use that type of logic, you are all a bunch of hypocrites.

Stop caring about who uses what and what is more popular. Just worry about yourself and stop trying to put other users down to justify your purchase. People spew this same line when fanboys come here to put BB users down, well guess what? You guys do the same exact thing by calling these people sheep. Maybe they feel their money is better spent on these devices.

To assume people are following the crowd because they own an Android or iPhone device just makes you look like an *******. Judging people based on what device they use makes you look like a tool. It's a smartphone. Nothing more.

I just find it funny because before iOS, Windows Mobile and Palm were losing marketshare by the boatload to BB (and Symbian of course). No one back then was following the herd right? It's ok because it was BB right?

It's pretty hard to not see the hypocrisy.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-24-11 at 01:17 PM.
    Chrisy and TIMSHULL like this.
    09-24-11 01:13 PM
    I love how people automatically assume people just buy these devices to "follow the herd" or because they are "sheep". What if you actually like the device and made your own informed decision? What if the device suits your needs better? What if your device actually helps you run your business better?

You people who assume there are a ton of Android and iPhone users just because it is "trendy" are a bunch of fools. By being a BB user because you don't want to follow the crowd, you are essentially following another crowd. The crowd that doesn't want to follow the bigger one. So for even attempting to use that type of logic, you are all a bunch of hypocrites.

Stop caring about who uses what and what is more popular. Just worry about yourself and stop trying to put other users down to justify your purchase. People spew this same line when fanboys come here to put BB users down, well guess what? You guys do the same exact thing by calling these people sheep. Maybe they feel their money is better spent on these devices.

To assume people are following the crowd because they own an Android or iPhone device just makes you look like an *******. Judging people based on what device they use makes you look like a tool. It's a smartphone. Nothing more.

I just find it funny because before iOS, Windows Mobile and Palm were losing marketshare by the boatload to BB (and Symbian of course). No one back then was following the herd right? It's ok because it was BB right?

Man thanks for the light! your post is the most accurate post i ever read on this thread.
    I dont have an Iphone or Android but i had one for 3week and i didn't find it that cool for me so i chose BB again. BlackBerry for me is cool enough, and i never say to my friends your Iphone or Android is not cool, if is good for you and does what you want is the best device for you.

PEACE!!
    09-24-11 01:38 PM
    I think the pics chosen by the OP are not when blackberry was cool, it was after that when they became cool and while it might be nice for them to be cool again, the more important thing is for them to be in demand rather than just being cool because the latter is fickle and more prone to changes.

Look at the current situation, the iphone is considered to be cooler than android, but android seems to be more in demand these days.
    Yh iphone is considered to be cool but andrioid outsells it that's correct !
    But iphone is considered cool and bb doesn't outsell it whatsoever andrioid and iOS are eating. The cake meant for RIM

09-24-11 02:01 PM
    That article was really well done, if anyone took the time to read it (I know some did but not all will). Thanks for sharing OP.
    UnknownError507 likes this.
    09-25-11 03:01 PM
    I think it's funny how when something becomes popular, everybody who likes that something is automatically a follower.

"Oh I've been with BlackBerry since day one, all these Apple sheeple are idiots." Ok, so you were a sheep when BlackBerry was cool then?
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-25-11 08:25 PM

Well, I can't remember the exact statistics but an unusual high percentage of people are prepared to buy the Iphone 5 "sight unseen", what does that tell you? It has "sheep" written all over it.

Edit- 35% out of 3000 asked
    09-26-11 05:49 AM
    Well, I can't remember the exact statistics but an unusual high percentage of people are prepared to buy the Iphone 5 "sight unseen", what does that tell you? It has "sheep" written all over it.

Didn't they poll iPhone users? And doesn't iPhone always have the same form factor? And aren't the specs of iPhone 5 already out there? Seems like someone liking their device enough to stick with the brand, and upgrade when a new version comes out because they're satisfied with iPhone overall.

RIM wishes its customers had that much loyalty and faith in their product.
    09-26-11 06:22 AM
    Coolness of a product will come and go. Part of it must be about its "exclusiveness". Blackberry used to be a thing only business people used...now its everwhere. My 69 year old mother who doesn't even use the phone she currently has recently proclaimed that she "needed" an iPhone. Now there is NOTHING less cool than my mom with an iPhone. Apple may find itself in a similar position as RIM in the future as far as phones go.

09-26-11 07:41 AM
    I must say the iphone 4 does look cool, it's instantly recognizable and this is the problem they're gonna have with the iphone 5, iphone 4 looks will be hard to top.

09-26-11 07:46 AM

Unless you have a similar survey regarding the 9900 in which the number is significantly lower, you haven't really established that iPhone users are any more "sheep" than anyone else.
    09-26-11 08:02 AM
    Coolness of a product will come and go. Part of it must be about its "exclusiveness". Blackberry used to be a thing only business people used...now its everwhere. My 69 year old mother who doesn't even use the phone she currently has recently proclaimed that she "needed" an iPhone. Now there is NOTHING less cool than my mom with an iPhone. Apple may find itself in a similar position as RIM in the future as far as phones go.

Haha, yes. My grandmother and parents both have iPhone. They like the big screens and easy use. I don't think any phone is cool. But of course, at my age, I really don't know nor care what cool is.
    09-26-11 08:27 AM
    Unless you have a similar survey regarding the 9900 in which the number is significantly lower, you haven't really established that iPhone users are any more "sheep" than anyone else.
    Agreed. And imo 35% isn't a huge number. If it had been like 60% or more then I might think sheeple..but if you polled PS3 users if they would get a PS4..i'm sure the polls would be much higher. People use what they like..and they don't always seem to care about upcoming specs.
    09-26-11 08:28 AM
    hmm i dunno what it's like in the US, or other parts of the World, but here in Toronto, Canada i see wayyy more blackberries then iphones or androids

the market share in Canada still has RIM at #1 (if i read correctly).

So i think it's still "COOL" to have one cause everywhere you look there are blackberries..

the general consensus when i am out and about are:

a lot Asian dense areas that have students from outside of Canada, there are a lot of iphones, ipads ...

The english speaking asians are half and half with iphones and blackberry
    out of my cousins i have 10 cousins and 7 have BB, 2 have iphones and one has a dumb phone

The Caucasian crowd love their Blackberries! i live in Condo full of young professionals and young couples and majority have blackberries when i see them in the elevator.. some have iphones, buti see more blackberries..

so all in all in Toronto at least it seems that BB's are dominant ... iphones 2nd and i rarely see androids..

but there is a lot more BB users talking about going to androids, especially the S2.. but alot of those BB users don't have any of the new OS7 phones..

so it's still COOL to have one in Toronto at least : >
    09-26-11 08:58 AM

So they are sheep because they are planning to upgrade? Are you serious?

Your logic is overwhelmingly flawed. According to you and that logic, anyone who is waiting to buy a device that is not announced is a sheep.

iPhone users know there is an anual upgrade cycle. They are sheep for wanting to upgrade every year, meanwhile people do the same thing with RIMs pre OS7 marginal upgraded refreshed devices?

I see. When it comes to Apple people are sheep, and when it comes to anything else it is ok.

Foolish. It's ok though. Keep judging people. You seem to have a 6th sense on knowing if a person is able to think for themselves or not. You are special. As long as you believe it, it's true.

The iPhone 5 will generate more revenue then RIMs entire lineup, BES/BIS support and their BBM music gimmick.

Don't hate on the device, the company or the users. How about to tell RIM to try and make something that can even come close in bringing in that type of numbers.

Oh that's right, they can't. And that's why you continue to hate.

If RIM was doing the same thing, people would be singing and dancing in the streets of Waterloo. But they aren't, so they are bashing users of the most successful smartphone instead.

I also find it amazing on how you quoted me on a post trying to keep the piece, then you directly bash an entire crowd.

Don't be a troll.
    Last edited by avt123; 09-26-11 at 10:57 AM.
    09-26-11 10:49 AM
    So they are sheep because they are planning to upgrade? Are you serious?

Your logic is overwhelmingly flawed. According to you and that logic, anyone who is waiting to buy a device that is not announced is a sheep.

iPhone users know there is an anual upgrade cycle. They are sheep for wanting to upgrade every year, meanwhile people do the same thing with RIMs pre OS7 marginal upgraded refreshed devices?

I see. When it comes to Apple people are sheep, and when it comes to anything else it is ok.

Foolish. It's ok though. Keep judging people. You seem to have a 6th sense on knowing if a person is able to think for themselves or not. You are special. As long as you believe it, it's true.

The iPhone 5 will generate more revenue then RIMs entire lineup, BES/BIS support and their BBM music gimmick.

Don't hate on the device, the company or the users. How about to tell RIM to try and make something that can even come close in bringing in that type of numbers.

Oh that's right, they can't. And that's why you continue to hate.

If RIM was doing the same thing, people would be singing and dancing in the streets of Waterloo. But they aren't, so they are bashing users of the most successful smartphone instead.
    No, not simply upgrade, the survey was done long before iphone 5 info came out, they basically said they would buy it no matter what size, shape or specs. I heard about this in a CNET podcast, Buzzoutloud it's called and even they thought it was ridiculous.

I don't think anybody would say they would buy any blackberry model sight unseen. The most I would say would be that I would buy the best blackberry at the time of my upgrade. But usually there is no blackberry sight unseen, pictures always leak.

09-26-11 11:02 AM
    All that proves is that people are satisfied with their iPhone and want to get the next version. Kudos to Apple.
    09-26-11 11:04 AM
117 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD