11-25-13 01:02 PM
561 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    So Lucas said that BlackBerry said that the rumours are now not true?!

*headinhands*

Posted via CB10
    As I said, there were more details that came out, reported by Lucas himself, after the article you referenced. The link is somewhere on the previous pages.

Personally, I don't know if his new article is accurate or not. It's my opinion though that there is certainly something that's being worked on even if it's not explicitly the Play Store coming with 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:33 AM
    At least the existing customers will be happy to use Android ports. Will native apps save BlackBerry? It has been proven already!

Just drop BB10 if that's the case. No developer is going to make native apps if this pans out.

If true it's truly a last gasp to stay relevant. Unfortunately it still won't sell phones IMHO. The name "Blackberry" is tarnished beyond repair in the consumer market.

A niche market won't make them profitable. The business sector alone won't save them.
    11-12-13 12:34 AM
    So because Lucas said means he is correct?

How reliable are these sources?

Posted via CB10
    Use your mentality, what part of "official statement" is unclear? It's one thing for him to report rumours but when he actually quotes BBRY, you don't think someone would step in if he'd simply made up the quote?

The religious fervour gripping some of you is unhealthy.
    11-12-13 12:36 AM
    No there isn't. Nothing but fan desire for it to be true.

There is nothing to suggest there will be any access to the play store or the Play Services. All there has been, is an evolution towards .apk support, which had nothing to do with the Play Store and/or Services.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I said Apps from the PlayStore, this is getting rediculous. It's plenty easy to allow access to GPStore internally to test out a wide variety of Apps internally and then release access through another method and not through the PlayStore. So yes, working internally with the PlayStore can make sense, and has been confirmed now quite a few times. What has also been confirmed is that PlayStore won't be available on BlackBerry. They could always go Amazon style instead and run their own Android App store or integrate it right into BBWorld.

Why would you put the PlayStore onto BBs internally just to test out Android Apps? Because it would be illegal for them to pirate the paid apps, but it sure isn't illegal for them to use full android internally.
    11-12-13 12:39 AM
    Use your mentality, what part of "official statement" is unclear? It's one thing for him to report rumours but when he actually quotes BBRY, you don't think someone would step in if he'd simply made up the quote?

The religious fervour gripping some of you is unhealthy.
    Eh, as I said, I think we should take this whole thing with a grain of salt. Although a lot of people dislike Catlin's posts, he did bring up a good point that N4BB didn't provide a name/source for that "official" quote, nor has BlackBerry come out to deny the rumor (yet). At the same time, I'm also not saying that Lucas made it up, either.

Basically, all I'm saying is that we should be so eager to jump down the rabbit hole. Let's just wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:43 AM
    Eh, as I said, I think we should take this whole thing with a grain of salt. Although a lot of people dislike Catlin's posts, he did bring up a good point that N4BB didn't provide a name/source for that "official" quote

Posted via CB10
    PR statements are often from simply the corporate comms team, that is standard practice.

nor has BlackBerry come out to deny the rumor (yet).
    Jesus wept... talk about black is white... What aspect of a statement explicitly stated that it is untrue is not them killing the rumour. There is a difference between fact-checking and wanting to deny reality.

Think - rumour-mongering is one thing but what benefit does N4BB get from faking a specific quote from Blackberry?
    11-12-13 12:49 AM
    I really don't know what the devs are slacking about. If porting is as simple as BlackBerry claims, then the ported apps should just keep on coming. I could be wrong about the ease of process of porting apps to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:50 AM
    So, is Google Play store coming to BB10 or not? My head hurts.
    11-12-13 12:52 AM
    Can't speak for anybody else, but I can honest say I'm not trying to grasp for straws here (personally I don't think the Play Store will really get BlackBerry any new customers as a standalone store separate from World).

Rather, my comments have attempted to encourage everyone to take the cautious road with this entire thing. People have their opinions, fine. But people have been made fools of for smaller things...

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:06 AM
    And we have confirmation of .apk files being downloadable and installable straight from the phone on OS10.2.1.1055!!!

This is fantastic news, sure Google Framework and Play Services aren't working, but the latest Netflix.apk is working, and I sure had a hell of a time trying to edit it into working before, this is awesome! I wonder what else will work flawlessly now

Looks like our app catalog just got that much bigger!!!!!!

Go check out the BerryInsider Presents: 10.2.1.1055 thread for all the action!
    11-12-13 01:09 AM
    you just gave me a massive ********

And we have confirmation of .apk files being downloadable and installable straight from the phone on OS10.2.1.1055!!!

This is fantastic news, sure Google Framework and Play Services aren't working, but the latest Netflix.apk is working, and I sure had a hell of a time trying to edit it into working before, this is awesome! I wonder what else will work flawlessly now

11-12-13 01:13 AM
    In the first few hours of people playing around with this early 10.2.1 runtime Google Play Store seems to be partially (very limited right now) working...BerryLeaks team is trying to get it to work fully.

Cough, Cough.
    11-12-13 01:43 AM
    See statement from BlackBerry regarding Google Play Store:

“We can confirm that there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry. BlackBerry World remains the primary source for trusted and curated BlackBerry applications and we continue to support open standards and open source tools so BlackBerry developers can continue to create apps on any of the development platforms we support.”

Looks like we can put this rumor to rest for now as there are currently no plans to support Google Play on BlackBerry 10, things may change but as of right now, no plans.

Google Play Store NOT Coming to BlackBerry 10 - BlackBerry Empire
    11-12-13 01:45 AM
    Not Google Play but enhanced APK support in this recent leak. Pretty cool :

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ml#post9523583
    11-12-13 01:45 AM

Pics or it didn't happen... oh wait...

Attachment 219684
    Attachment 219685
    Attachment 219686
    Attachment 219687

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 02:01 AM

Attachment 219684
    Attachment 219685
    Attachment 219686
    Attachment 219687

Posted via CB10
    You rock thurask.

I spent a solid two weeks going through the Netflix 3.0 apk changing permissions and trying everything I could think of to get it to work with no luck. Seeing that it works on this build without any rediculous workarounds brings a great big smile to my face!
    11-12-13 02:04 AM
    If this is part of the actual agreement that BlackBerry is working on with Google, say, to authorize them to quickly transfer over a large number of "big time" apps from the Google Play Store into BlackBerry World, then this would have an enormous influence on BlackBerry's public persona.

Store reps could no longer say, "No, you can't get any of your favorite apps on that BlackBerry phone, here why not try a Samsung device or iPhone instead?" If the agreement pans out in some fashion similar to this, then you could legitimately see the upcoming Z30 release in the US as a huge revenue push for BlackBerry heading into the holiday season.

It's funny, if BlackBerry wasn't historically inept with their timing and release schedules, you'd think they planned it out this way perfectly (leaked 10.2.1 OS this week included).

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 02:10 AM
    And more to come . Don't be so surprised either

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    00stryder and ray689 like this.
    11-12-13 02:13 AM
    I have to found the link but saw on an Android website a print screen in comment section of an app update on play store stating bug fixing for z10 (in the middle of another bug fixing for Android phone). Will try to find the link again.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 02:16 AM
    And more to come . Don't be so surprised either

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    Lol Wigley you're such a tease.

Posted via CB10
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    11-12-13 02:18 AM
    If this is part of the actual agreement that BlackBerry is working on with Google, say, to authorize them to quickly transfer over a large number of "big time" apps from the Google Play Store into BlackBerry World, then this would have an enormous influence on BlackBerry's public persona.
    I don't believe it's working this way. Those apps belong to various providers that explicitly posted them on Google Play, not on BlackBerry World. Google has not the right to pass them on to other app stores without the consent of their vendors.

--------------------

Pic Tagger for Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
    11-12-13 02:23 AM
    I have to found the link but saw on an Android website a print screen in comment section of an app update on play store stating bug fixing for z10 (in the middle of another bug fixing for Android phone). Will try to find the link again.

Posted via CB10
    here is the link: Rumor: Google Play Store support included in BlackBerry 10.2.1

Look at the first comment, it shows an app update in play store mentionning the Z10.
    11-12-13 02:30 AM
    In the real world consumers do not carry around multiple phones so they can have apps nor do they want to sideload apps not made available to the OS by the developer.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-12-13 02:31 AM
    N4BB quoting a statement that isn't available online isn't 'official' by any means.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    11-12-13 02:42 AM

Attachment 219684
    Attachment 219685
    Attachment 219686
    Attachment 219687

Posted via CB10
    Ok in the most simplest of terms can you explain what you are trying to show here. I want to make sure I'm on the same page. So as of now we all agree that play store is no more right? So is this BlackBerry getting these apps directly or just another work around like side loading
    11-12-13 02:50 AM
561 ... 1314151617 ...