11-25-13 01:02 PM
561 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    You find posters in a forum standoffish? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds. Look we can just agree to disagree. But to call other posters annoying because of their stance and accuse them of clone accounts then to say " let's have a mature discussion" is a joke. Have a goodnight CatlinFD..i mean playbookusermt
    Since you can't have a reasonable discussion I reported your comments to the moderators. I'm not in the mood to go back and forth with you on an off topic rant.
    11-11-13 11:08 PM
    Wow, okay let's do this one at a time.

1) Please look at the date of the article.
    2) As I've mentioned before, please read through the thread before posting articles about *news* (a term that I use lightly here) that may have already been posted.
    3) Lol no, just... no.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's not new "news" BUT I have just quoted what I have seen on another site which relates to the current open discussion.

It may not appear on BlackBerry BUT it is something that is clearly in the pipeline.

Will have to wait and see what happens next

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:14 PM
    I think he was getting at the fact it was posted earlier on in this thread. There's a whole lot to read through but I think it's there.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and anon5993996 like this.
    11-11-13 11:20 PM
    I know it's not new "news" BUT I have just quoted what I have seen on another site which relates to the current open discussion.

It may not appear on BlackBerry BUT it is something that is clearly in the pipeline.

Will have to wait and see what happens next

Posted via CB10
    What you posted has already been denied by BBRY. If you had read through the thread, you would have picked up on that.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Lucas at N4BB went from Google Play rumours that it's coming soon. Then he went to stating that they are in negotiations with Google but it's not agreed to yet. Now to this statement. Umm which one is it?

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-gettin...le-play-store/

"*UPDATE* ? While the pictures illustrating Google Play Store on BlackBerry 10 have been confirmed as fake, the negotiations between BlackBerry and Google are very real."

Posted via CB10
    Exactly I called him out on this too and got no response.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    11-11-13 11:21 PM
    Since you can't have a reasonable discussion I reported your comments to the moderators. I'm not in the mood to go back and forth with you on an off topic rant.
    Oh you mean the rant when you called people annoying and accused of clone accounts. That reasonable discussion? Like I told you before if you don't like other posters comments you can press ignore.
    Anilu7 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    11-11-13 11:22 PM
    Lucas at N4BB went from Google Play rumours that it's coming soon. Then he went to stating that they are in negotiations with Google but it's not agreed to yet. Now to this statement. Umm which one is it?

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    At this point I think it safe that NOBODY knows for sure. But BlackBerry did put out statement saying no. That's the one everyone should be going by
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 11:24 PM

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    And unfortunately, this is the result when old articles are reported as "new;" people get confused. The article Sameer referenced was published on Sunday, before Lucas reported that he got official word from BlackBerry that the rumors were false. The "negotiations" story might add to the discussion, but Lucas himself went back on his report so it's kinda moot now.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:25 PM
    At this point I think it safe that NOBODY knows for sure. But BlackBerry did put out statement saying no. That's the one everyone should be going by
    I never saw this official statement anywhere besides from Lucas. Not saying it isn't true but just odd how his story did a full 180 in 2 days.
    You would think he would have checked with these reputable sources before putting out articles that the "negotiations are real".

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:26 PM
    What you posted has already been denied by BBRY. If you had read through the thread, you would have picked up on that.

I do not need to read the whole thread in order to make any assumptions.

I'm very capable of making my own.

One source says it's denied and then on the same site it mentions Google and BlackBerry are in negotiation?

Don't quite add up

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    11-11-13 11:27 PM
    I never saw this official statement anywhere besides from Lucas. Not saying it isn't true but just odd how his story did a full 180 in 2 days.
    You would think he would have checked with these reputable sources before putting out articles that the "negotiations are real".
    That's why he has that other site and is not working for Mobile Nations.
    11-11-13 11:30 PM
    I do not need to read the whole thread in order to make any assumptions.

I'm very capable of making my own.

One source says it's denied and then on the same site it mentions Google and BlackBerry are in negotiation?

Don't quite add up

Posted via CB10
    Of course it does. If you read them chronologicaly, it's readily apparent. Unnamed sources make a claim, then BBRY responds refuting the claim.

00stryder, Anilu7 and m1a1mg like this.
    11-11-13 11:31 PM
    Exactly I called him out on this too and got no response.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1791
    Thank you.

Exactly the point I am trying to make.

Coming to think of it, why would someone randomly say Google play store and BlackBerry?

Why not BlackBerry and windows or something bizzare?

There is clearly something going on behind the scenes and leaked out.

At the same time there are a lot of billy bullsh1tters...

One minute the images are genuine and next minute they are fake?

The android runtime that was officially released on BlackBerry World is a bit of a clue I think!

They are probably testing it out for stability/bugs/issues etc before rolling out Google play store.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    11-11-13 11:33 PM
    Of course it does. If you read them chronologicaly, it's readily apparent. Unnamed sources make a claim, then BBRY responds refuting the claim.

I can turn around and say my dad is Mr Chen and he told me that blackberry and apple are merging.

The sources are unreliable. How reliable is n4bb?

As an intelligent guy, I am making my own assumptions and I personally belive Google play will appear on BlackBerry.

They are probably denying it because it's premature at the moment.

BlackBerry are notorious for releasing stuff ten years too late.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and xiaohuaxing like this.
    11-11-13 11:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 11:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very true. I know people have different feeling about the play store but I'm on the side all for it. I think this will get BlackBerry ship in the right way if it comes through. Not saying it will save the company but pretty apparent that without all of the apps people want bb10 will continue to flop. Hopefully we hear some credible information soon
    11-11-13 11:44 PM
    I can turn around and say my dad is Mr Chen and he told me that blackberry and apple are merging.

The sources are unreliable. How reliable is n4bb?

As an intelligent guy, I am making my own assumptions and I personally belive Google play will appear on BlackBerry.

They are probably denying it because it's premature at the moment.

BlackBerry are notorious for releasing stuff ten years too late.

Posted via CB10
    That's all fine and good, but you're looking at the sequence of events out of order. Neither Ralph nor I are suggesting that there isn't more to the story, we're saying you are presenting the details out of context. It makes all the difference in the world that Lucas posted the article you referenced before his report that BlackBerry has officially denied the rumors.

Posted via CB10
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    11-11-13 11:44 PM
    if something like this happens i really see a amazon type thing going on they have their own store front like amazon but have access to apps in google play i see it not as a strictly google play sense but access through blackberry world that would give both a cut from sales of paid apps as well as have free ones available
    11-11-13 11:47 PM
    This would be soooo sweet and probably save bb.
    11-11-13 11:48 PM
    C'mon... Seriously?

The guy recanted. Is the desire for the rumor to be true so strong that the forum users will bend reason and rationale so obscenely just to convince themselves that it's still true? Despite the rumor-monger revealing quite clearly that BBRY has given him confirmation to the contrary?

11-11-13 11:51 PM
    C'mon... Seriously?

The guy recanted. Is the desire for the rumor to be true so strong that the forum users will bend reason and rationale so obscenely just to convince themselves that it's still true? Despite the rumor-monger revealing quite clearly that BBRY has given him confirmation to the contrary?

It's not bending reason and rationale, there is reason to believe that something is being worked on regarding android apps from the Play Store, of course it could come in a different form.

Since my name is going to keep coming up, my info was based on what I've heard from very reputable people in the past who have gone hands-on with something internally and as such (and as I already noted) I chose my words very carefully so as to not misrepresent the information but give a nod to the possible reality of it based on the information shared with me and the common denominator being that this was something actively being worked on and/or tested.

Some people took it for what it was meant to be and others took it for something more. In the end, I can't really help those who took it for something more -- if they want to call me a liar or say I made it up.. whatever. I fully expect to hear more about this at some point in time in the future because as mentioned, this rumor won't die and whatever is happening internally, isn't likely to stop either.

I honestly don't care what BlackBerry says because they also said they weren't actively working on BBM on the desktop either and that the Jam Asia demo was something they just cooked up to show developers when all signs point to that being less than truthful as well. Maybe their over promising and under delivering days are over and this is something they really want to keep under wraps until it's really ready or maybe it's something that will never see the light of day outside of Waterloo. I look forward to reading about it in a 'Behind the Scenes look at BlackBerry' book at some point.

And on that note, I'm going to bed. Play nice folks.
    It's possible nothing will come of this, but its possible down the road something will and we'll just have to see what form it comes in. I'm interested to see whats coming from BlackBerry as we move forward!
    11-12-13 12:02 AM
    It's not bending reason and rationale, there is reason to believe that something is being worked on regarding android apps from the Play Store, of course it could come in a different form.
    No there isn't. Nothing but fan desire for it to be true.

There is nothing to suggest there will be any access to the play store or the Play Services. All there has been, is an evolution towards .apk support, which had nothing to do with the Play Store and/or Services.

Anilu7 and bb4life21 like this.
    11-12-13 12:10 AM
    That's all fine and good, but you're looking at the sequence of events out of order. Neither Ralph nor I are suggesting that there isn't more to the story, we're saying you are presenting the details out of context. It makes all the difference in the world that Lucas posted the article you referenced before his report that BlackBerry has officially denied the rumors.

Posted via CB10
    So Lucas said that BlackBerry said that the rumours are now not true?!

*headinhands*

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:13 AM
    C'mon... Seriously?

So because Lucas said means he is correct?

How reliable are these sources?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 12:23 AM
561 ... 1213141516 ...