11-25-13 01:02 PM
561 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    It seems that you cannot form a coherent logical thought, let alone a coherent response so I'm going to break down my answer into point form so perhaps you'll be able to understand this in layman terms.
    1. Logical reasoning tells us an official statement would have a spokesperson name attached or a link to the statement.
    2. Without being able to cite the source of an official statement listed by a company, the journalism is hearsay.
    3. Journalism based upon speculation includes what Lucas has includes: no citations, little to no information and makes blanket statements
    4. Journalism based upon facts includes: citations and necessary information.
    5. Unlike Lucas, I have not directly contradicted myself across several news articles and have kept my story straight. I also don't claim to speak officially or have official information, rather I repeat what I have seen first hand and what I am told by sources.
    6. In my response here, I am showcasing confidence by ensuring the users of CrackBerry don't blindly accept an article as being factual just because it uses big fancy important words like "official statement", "is not coming" when the presented journalism has serious problems that cast it's authenticity into doubt. The serious problems I have discussed in my points above.
    7. I have responded to the article with logic and common sense skepticism in a manner that is consistent with my past stance on this issue that Google Play and runtime changes does existent internally and that it will see the light of day in some type of final form however they implement the changes
    So pretty much your going to ramble on nonsense that doesn't answer my question? Ok I will make it even easier. Ready? Really simple... How are you logically questioning the validity of someone's statement due to lack of names and sources..... when you haven't named any sources yourself to validate your stance !!! Really simple to answer. Oh yea...And watch out for that wall behind you
    Anilu7 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    11-11-13 08:57 PM
    Wait until they blow everyone's minds by saying "we did say we won't support Play Store, we never said we won't have Play Store integrated directly into BlackBerry World! Ha!"

Okay, sorry about that, a man can dream, right?

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    Funny enough I never stated what the final form will be! I even stated I didn't know how they would choose to implement it. Rather I stated Google Play is available and so are the runtime changes internally and something related to the manner is coming. There are numerous ways they could implement what is being done internally without having an app called "Google Play" which is another BlackBerry World but for Android.
    11-11-13 08:57 PM
    What? The event has been cancelled already? Today, this thread has become much to do about nothing.

Some people were busy this weekend chasing unicorns............

I would like word from everyone's inside sources as to what John Chen said during last week's town hall. Boy, would I like to be a fly on the wall for that event after the collapse of Fairfax LOI.

So as far as I see it BlackBerry has come out and said there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry 10 devices. Are people going to come here and admit they either have low end sources, or lied, or am I going to be forced to copy and paste and name names and rebuke those that said it was coming?

Source: BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10 - N4BB
    fedakd likes this.
    11-11-13 08:59 PM
    I don't know about that we see it all the time from companies that they release responses without any specific names attached doesn't make it any less true. I find it also interesting that in the statement they go ahead and state there are no plans for google play to be incorporated into the os. So as of right now that statement reads that nothing is even in development. Now that doesn't mean some engineer didn't hack google play onto a device we have seen this before. If you seen an app actually downloaded from google play onto a z10 in real time I would be more inclined to believe it but pictures are worthless.

Now about that statement you would have to think the statement has to be coming from bb because I don't think they would risk or even make up something and then post it as a fact. Not saying people don't do shady things but I just don't see them putting a statement up out of thon air without receiving it from somewhere
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 09:01 PM
    What? The event has been cancelled already? Today, this thread has become much to do about nothing.

Some people were busy this weekend chasing unicorns............

I would like word from everyone's inside sources as to what John Chen said during last week's town hall. Boy, would I like to be a fly on the wall for that event after the collapse of Fairfax LOI.
    Yeahhh, that would have been interesting. Hopefully it was.........inspiring.
    11-11-13 09:01 PM
    So you're standing by the statement that Google Play is coming to BB10, whether in 10.2.1 or later?

Obviously, a lot of people would like to see that happen. Hopefully your sources are correct.
    Here's the thing. Everyone seems to ignore or forget that I mentioned runtime changes are in the works. Runtime changes will be enabling more functionality for more android applications will work. I maintain that these changes are coming. I don't know when, I don't know how the final implementation will be and all I am saying is that internally it's available and internally they plan to deploy it. Can I guarantee it will happen? Nothing is guaranteed until BlackBerry launches it or states their plans to. BlackBerry has a history of not living up to expectations or shelving their experiments or planned activities.

Yes, they have plans to bring along Google Play but that could be implemented a number of ways without having the physical Google Play application on your device. I don't know what the final form may be or if it's guaranteed to happen. Something will happen in the end.
    grover5 likes this.
    11-11-13 09:02 PM
    I don't know about that we see it all the time from companies that they release responses without any specific names attached doesn't make it any less true. I find it also interesting that in the statement they go ahead and state there are no plans for google play to be incorporated into the os. So as of right now that statement reads that nothing is even in development. Now that doesn't mean some engineer didn't hack google play onto a device we have seen this before. If you seen an app actually downloaded from google play onto a z10 in real time I would be more inclined to believe it but pictures are worthless.

Now about that statement you would have to think the statement has to be coming from bb because I don't think they would risk or even make up something and then post it as a fact. Not saying people don't do shady things but I just don't see them putting a statement up out of thon air without receiving it from somewhere
    They did do that when they claimed that the "negotiations are very real" a day earlier. One of their statements was made up....which one is it?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:03 PM
    Here's the thing. Everyone seems to ignore or forget that I mentioned runtime changes are in the works. Runtime changes will be enabling more functionality for more android applications will work. I maintain that these changes are coming. I don't know when, I don't know how the final implementation will be and all I am saying is that internally it's available and internally they plan to deploy it. Can I guarantee it will happen? Nothing is guaranteed until BlackBerry launches it or states their plans to. BlackBerry has a history of not living up to expectations or shelving their experiments or planned activities.

Yes, they have plans to bring along Google Play but that could be implemented a number of ways without having the physical Google Play application on your device. I don't know what the final form may be or if it's guaranteed to happen. Something will happen in the end.
    Fair enough. It would be great to see full Android App compatibility within BB10 no doubt. But until it's announced don't be surprised if everyone on this forum treats it with skepticism. =)

Let's see what happens with the next update!
    11-11-13 09:09 PM

TickerGuy confirmed that this is INDEED possible within bb10 as he is currently running .apks if I am not mistaken...
    11-11-13 09:12 PM
    Please keep this going I just got snacks
    11-11-13 09:13 PM
    You stated this and you stated that. You also called CJH_ a "professional troll" and attacked him for his view (which at least he took the time to back up). That's inexcusable behaviour on CB and you're still defending yourself. CB is a place for debate, yes, attacks, no.

Posted via CB10
    In CatlinFD defense, CJH was proven incorrect by TickerGuy.
    11-11-13 09:14 PM
    Also BlackBerry doesn't comment nor confirm or deny rumors. They have a history of not responding or if they do they refuse to comment on the matter. Hence why Kevin most likely will not get a response. I think you are forgetting that BlackBerry doesn't make official statements regarding rumors therefore I don't and others believe that N4BB never got an official statement. If Kevin didn't get an official statement, you think Lucas magically managed to obtain one?? Really?
    russworman likes this.
    11-11-13 09:16 PM
    you can subscribe but there's no way to look at your subscribed threads unless you comment in it and then check the section called "participated"

Posted via CB10
    Are you guys using the same app as me? Mine certainly does have the option to view Subscribed Threads. In Forums view, I just hit the "More" button and select Subscribed Threads. Shrug.
    11-11-13 09:16 PM
    In CatlinFD defense, CJH was proven incorrect by TickerGuy.
    That's only assuming tickerguy is right. Only people who know enough about the subject could comment on that.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 09:17 PM
    Kevin started this thread . Shouldn't he end it ?
    Seems CJH_ was more to be trusted than you. Jus sayin.
    I like your signature.
    Please keep this going I just got snacks
    Share the popcorn you hog!
    11-11-13 09:21 PM
    Respect guys arguing ok personal attacks No

BlackBerry addict
    Anilu7 and southlander like this.
    11-11-13 09:21 PM
    In everyone's defense, no one was proven right or wrong anywhere in any of the topics discussing this. It was just rumour vs. speculation vs. insult.
    For my part of the discussion: Google Play not coming? Big -bleeping- deal. Changes and updates to the Runtime to make .apks run near 1:1? Hell yeah! That would not even need Play, just make it super-duper easy for devs to port their apps and they can just release them to BBWorld without having to maintain a separate 'branch' of their app, and without 'breaking any OHA rules' (to quote one of the many speculations). Then you can either side-load apps yourself, or wait for a dev to port it and they will have full functionality.
    I hope that is the direction they take, and it would pretty much be the direction they have been going in since 10.0.
    11-11-13 09:23 PM
    Lmao!!! " I don't know what the final form may be or if it's guaranteed to happen. Something will happen in the end." Wow your inside source is impeccable. That's a far cry from yesterday telling everyone how you are going to rub it in their face for questioning you. "Something will happen in the end" Really?? Did not know that thanks for inside information lol. Now back to tap dancing as you were.
    If "something" does happen in the end, you'll be eating your own words LOL.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    11-11-13 09:23 PM
    I like how he said I posted yesterday. I didn't even make a single post yesterday.
    11-11-13 09:25 PM
    I think it is coming... read the third paragraph carefully... at least I think there are talks going on and they have reached an advanced stage already...

Posted via CB10
    I've deleted several posts from here, please don't make me do it again. I have no problem sending people packing for 24 hrs to cool off.

Internally at these companies you can bet a **** load of hacking is going on. You can bet that at each company there is hacking of their services going on and tear downs of competitor phones and software. Its the nature of the business but just because someone said Google play is on a engineers phone doesn't mean much. It will def be blocked the content partners alone would have a fit
    11-11-13 09:28 PM
    I've deleted several posts from here, please don't make me do it again. I have no problem sending people packing for 24 hrs to cool off.

http://i.imgur.com/jkZHR.png
    yeah use your power bla1ze

BlackBerry addict
    11-11-13 09:28 PM
561 ... 1011121314 ...