11-25-13 01:02 PM
561 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Hmmmm so what was Bla1ze talking about? Or just trying to add fuel for more traffic while knowing it wasn't true?
    Don't get mad at me for saying that people but ultimately that's kinda what the goal is .

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-11-13 07:42 PM
    There are plenty of people on this thread, that bashed a lot of people, that need to eat some serious crow right now. Jus sayin.
    +1 on your comment. But to be fair I think there was a lot of enthusiasm for the idea. Personally, I would have loved to see an agreement between Google and BlackBerry that allowed for full access to the Play Store.

On a side note, time to change your signature about T'orsten, he's out in a week...
    11-11-13 07:43 PM
    I would love to but the CB10 app keeps skipping pages.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, this happens to me when using the app as well... I use two hands and hold the screen at the top and the second to select the specific page... pain in the ****.
    11-11-13 07:45 PM
    Yup, happens all the time around here. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the sources were real, but had no clue what they were talking about. Appreciate the big wigs reaching out for confirmation though, even if it's not the news I was hoping for.
    I appreciate that as well, and it wasn't the news I was hoping for either. I would love to see Google Play access on BB10, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be in the mix. Oh well, onwards and upwards I guess.
    11-11-13 07:46 PM
    +1 on your comment. But to be fair I think there was a lot of enthusiasm for the idea. Personally, I would have loved to see an agreement between Google and BlackBerry that allowed for full access to the Play Store.

On a side note, time to change your signature about T'orsten, he's out in a week...
    I know there are a lot of people who wanted it, but it wasn't to be.

The TH quote stays until he's fully gone. (And I remember how to change it)
    Anilu7 likes this.
    Hmmmm so what was Bla1ze talking about? Or just trying to add fuel for more traffic while knowing it wasn't true?
    Don't get mad at me for saying that people but ultimately that's kinda what the goal is .

Posted via CB10
    I think a lot of the sources that Bla1ze and some of the other folks have around here are the workers in the trenches. There are probably tons of experiments going on at Blackberry with relation to Android and iOS, along with apps like Netflix and Instagram. But just because there are experiments or proofs of concept, doesn't mean that there are ever plans to actually deliver these experiments to the public. That's why everyone with "inside" sources is extremely vague with their information.
    I know there are a lot of people who wanted it, but it wasn't to be.

The TH quote stays until he's fully gone. (And I remember how to change it) ;-)
    Heh. Just wanted to point it out in case you hadn't noticed. Cheers.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    11-11-13 07:50 PM
    So as far as I see it BlackBerry has come out and said there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry 10 devices. Are people going to come here and admit they either have low end sources, or lied, or am I going to be forced to copy and paste and name names and rebuke those that said it was coming?

Source: BlackBerry Denies Google Play Store Coming to BlackBerry 10 - N4BB
    11-11-13 07:53 PM
    So as far as I see it BlackBerry has come out and said there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry 10 devices. Are people going to come here and admit they either have bad sources, or lied, or am I going to be forced to copy and paste and name names and rebuke those that said it was coming?

Why do that? Just let it go, I'm sure they're already eating crow privately... Move on.
    grover5 likes this.
    11-11-13 07:55 PM
    So as far as I see it BlackBerry has come out and said there is no planned support for Google Play on BlackBerry 10 devices. Are people going to come here and admit they either have low end sources, or lied, or am I going to be forced to copy and paste and name names and rebuke those that said it was coming?

Please do the second. Sounds more entertaining.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 07:57 PM
    I think a lot of the sources that Bla1ze and some of the other folks have around here are the workers in the trenches. There are probably tons of experiments going on at Blackberry with relation to Android and iOS, along with apps like Netflix and Instagram. But just because there are experiments or proofs of concept, doesn't mean that there are ever plans to actually deliver these experiments to the public. That's why everyone with "inside" sources is extremely vague with their information.
    Exactly why I chose my words carefully. I also know that you can't force BlackBerry's hand by having information appear ahead of time either. Legalities and and all that can at any point prevent them from announcing future plans. We've all seen what happens when they announce things before their time. And I'll save BUHC the time of copying and pasting my comments on it and do it myself lol

While I understand the skepticism, you all shouldn't be so quick to dismiss what CatlinFD has to say. Just sayin. I have nothing else beyond that to share at this time.

Sorry I don't believe it. There's no name attached to that "statement" and it wasn't posted on the BlackBerry News Room or any sort of blog.

I think the list for this particular lie is pretty self evident. There's 2 threads where the thread starters claim to have inside info that was clearly wrong, so they'd be ones I wouldn't trust with "rumours" in the future. Also the few folks within those threads who claimed to be in the know as well. It's just a sad cry for attention more than anything I think.
    11-11-13 08:00 PM
    So what's the real story here? I feel misled. However i'm already over it

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:02 PM
    Exactly why I chose my words carefully. I also know that you can't force BlackBerry's hand by having information appear ahead of time either. Legalities and and all that can at any point prevent them from announcing future plans. We've all seen what happens when they announce things before their time lol. And I'll save BUHC the time of copying and pasting my comments on it.
    And the speculation continues with that ambiguous statement...

Personally, I'd love to see BlackBerry come to an agreement with Google in terms of access to the Google Play Store. And considering that Google is a software company it would make sense. They have no allegiance to Samsung in particular as the most popular Android hardware manufacturer...

As usual, interesting times.
    11-11-13 08:04 PM
    And the speculation continues with that ambiguous statement...

Personally, I'd love to see BlackBerry come to an agreement with Google in terms of access to the Google Play Store. And considering that Google is a software company it would make sense. They have no allegiance to Samsung in particular as the most popular Android hardware manufacturer...

As usual, interesting times.
    I'm still in the camp of those who hate the Android app player, I think they just need to get more native devs on board. To be clear, I have no problem with Android apps in general but I don't want to run them on my BlackBerry device. I have an HTC One for that. I understand it helps *some* folks adopt BlackBerry 10 better but if the effort was there for native apps in the first place then there would be no need for Android ports.
    11-11-13 08:08 PM
    yeah what do you think kevin if its true?
    He said it in the OP: "If it's true that BBRY is really doing a deal (or has done one) with Google that permits BlackBerry to put the Google Play store and Google Services onto BlackBerry 10, that's a big deal for BlackBerry. And if it's not true, or is going to pan out in a way that's limited, feels like it would make more sense to correct the nature of the rumor before it gets out of control beyond the core community reading this now."
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:08 PM
    I'm still in the camp of those who hate the Android app player, I think they just need to get more native devs on board. To be clear, I have no problem with Android apps in general but I don't want to run them on my BlackBerry device. I have an HTC One for that. I understand it helps *some* folks adopt BlackBerry 10 better but if the effort was there for native apps in the first place then there would be no need for Android ports.
    Are you suggesting BBRY has not tried and isn't trying? Maybe you can tell us how they can get devs on board when it seems all their efforts have yielded very little success so far?
    arvind1983 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:11 PM
    On the "main", first thread that the Google play on a z10 images appeared, AVPTI stated:

Pictures received from friend at BlackBerry. Running some 10.2.1.1xxx build.

Not sure of specifics.

So the source of the false images are either AVPTI's friend, or AVPTI.

I have nothing against the guy (AVPTI). I'm just saying,... now that the cat appears to be out of the bag.

Source:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...43/index2.html

(Post #1 and Post #39)

Reached Out For Official Confirmation of Google Play / Services on BlackBerry 10-source.jpg
    Last edited by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes; 11-11-13 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added screen shot incase edit on original post was attempted
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:11 PM
    I'm just going to forget about the whole thing and forget it ever happened. Why? Because If it never happens whatever I never knew. If it does happen. Surprise! Oooh that's nice. What a nice surprise. Just like it should be.
    11-11-13 08:12 PM
    Sorry I don't believe it. There's no name attached to that "statement" and it wasn't posted on the BlackBerry News Room or any sort of blog.
    Don't try to back pedal now...yesterday your were ranting at posters and telling people how you can't wait to rub it in their face for doubting you. Where is all that confidence now??
    11-11-13 08:13 PM
    I think the list for this particular lie is pretty self evident. There's 2 threads where the thread starters claim to have inside info that was clearly wrong, so they'd be ones I wouldn't trust with "rumours" in the future. Also the few folks within those threads who claimed to be in the know as well. It's just a sad cry for attention more than anything I think.
    Rumours are par for the course. To speak of trusting and not trusting people over rumours borders on ridiculous. Everyone should take rumours with a grain of salt; nothing is true until it is confirmed by people in the know.
    11-11-13 08:14 PM
    Are you suggesting BBRY has not tried and isn't trying? Maybe you can tell us how they can get devs on board when it seems all their efforts have yielded very little success so far?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ <-- Pretty simple. Unless of course, you don't have much of it to throw around. Microsoft realized this and it's been reported they were paying some companies over $100K to get apps on their platform and well, it's been serving them well. WP8 apps have risen immensely and continue to do so.
    11-11-13 08:14 PM
    I'd prefer native apps as well but I'm all on board with ports in their absence. Better the devil you know...

I have an Android tablet and a backup Xperia phone but my preference is my Z10 which I use as my daily driver. At the same time I think in the absence of some killer marketing BlackBerry needs to lean on the Android compatibility to drive users to the handsets...

On a side note, are you excited about the 50th anniversary? =)

"I'm ready"... as only John Hurt could say as the non-Doctor Doctor in the trailer! And Tennant, and Piper....

12 Days. I can't wait!
    11-11-13 08:18 PM
    On a side note, are you excited about the 50th anniversary? =)

"I'm ready"... as only John Hurt could say as the non-Doctor Doctor in the trailer! And Tennant, and Piper....

12 Days. I can't wait!
    So stoked, and thankfully Space (the channel showing it here) is running a ton of lead up stuff as well. All the Doctor's Revisited, Marathons of episodes as well as An Adventure in space and time on the 22nd and finally, the 50th episode with no commercials. I wanted to go to the theatre to see it but only tickets I can get are for the 25th.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    11-11-13 08:22 PM
561 ... 89101112 ...