04-17-15 01:03 AM
137 ... 3456
tools
    And this is what I got from TD Bank when asking about mobile payment for BB10, since they already have it for the old Bold 9900:

"Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for writing today with your feedback regarding the Blackberry z30. It's this type of feedback that allows us to always keep up to date on what our customers are looking for and for that I truly appreciate your suggestions.

In the meantime, I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our product team.

Thanks again for connecting today, Tim. All the best!

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Internet Correspondence Representative "

Sounds a bit like a PFO letter?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 04:25 PM
    And this is what I got from TD Bank when asking about mobile payment for BB10, since they already have it for the old Bold 9900:

"Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for writing today with your feedback regarding the Blackberry z30. It's this type of feedback that allows us to always keep up to date on what our customers are looking for and for that I truly appreciate your suggestions.

In the meantime, I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our product team.

Thanks again for connecting today, Tim. All the best!

Warm regards,

Sarah
    Internet Correspondence Representative "

Sounds a bit like a PFO letter?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like an acknowledgement letter that attempts to sound more like a reply. I doubt "Sarah" even exists. But I think I'll write TD as well - can't hurt!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:13 AM
    I'm just going to subscribe to this thread on the hopes that one day soon. Telus & RBC will support payments with my Q10

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:07 PM
    has anyone with an nfc sim tried using the android app for wallet payments?
    10-17-14 08:48 PM
    Apple today is releasing it's Apple Pay feature. Again everyone will think they were the first to come out with this feature. SMH where are the Key Account Mgrs. at BBRY who work with the major banks and retailers to get OS10 and pay apps accepted? Business phone....business centric...???

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:15 AM
    Most tech savvy folks know Apple isn't the FIRST, however they are getting NFC payments moving at a greater pace than any body else so far. Nobody is discussing Google Wallet, or Softcard in depth
    10-20-14 10:31 AM
    Apple today is releasing it's Apple Pay feature. Again everyone will think they were the first to come out with this feature. SMH where are the Key Account Mgrs. at BBRY who work with the major banks and retailers to get OS10 and pay apps accepted? Business phone....business centric...???

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry team has a harder time going into each new country, because they have to corral a combination of phone carriers, banks, and payment networks. It's not an easy task, and so far they've really only had success with this in Canada.

Apple made it easier by removing the phone carriers from the negotiation all together.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    10-20-14 10:37 AM
    I would love to have more NFC payment options available on the BB. I'm in the US on Verizon and it sounds like I'm going to be waiting for a cold day in hell for that to happen.

Everyone here wants to complain that BB isn't doing enough to foster the adoption of the technology, and get banks to pursue applications to use NFC for mobile payment.

I think you're all looking at it wrong, BB is moving away from consumer devices and focusing on enterprise support, ala BES. The handset division hasn't been making them money for a while now and there isn't a plan for it to grow just yet. I respect the fact that they have to go with whats profitable, not cater to those of us who are left. As unfortunate as that is, and believe me, I'm right there with you all, waiting for more from BB. Hoping that they'll pursue the consumer market again and do more to get other companies to support what they have, get app developers to come back to the platform and continue to write apps for BB10 instead of just doing a port. The problem is that it's an uphill battle and there's more money to be made with enterprise and security, not in the consumer market.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge BB fan. I've had a BB of some model for the past 10 years. I love the platform, but it just doesn't look like they're going to pursue this outside of waiting for companies and banks to write apps to take advantage of what they've developed.
    Could they market it? Yes
    Will they? Not while they're focused on the enterprise market and not the consumer.

It's apparent that I'm going to have to switch carriers to get a new device, but that still leaves me out in the cold if i really want to use NFC payments here in the US with a BlackBerry, and thats sad.
    10-20-14 08:53 PM
    Well I applied for an RBC Mastercard today just so I can take advantage of this feature. I probably won't use it much but it will be handy when I go for walks, I can leave my credit cards and just take my phone.

Plus I got the Shoppers Optimum card because it comes with just enough bonus points to bump me to that highest rewards level. Now to wait for double points redemption day to cash in.

What to buy, what to buy?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:21 PM
    Well I applied for an RBC Mastercard today just so I can take advantage of this feature. I probably won't use it much but it will be handy when I go for walks, I can leave my credit cards and just take my phone.
    It also works with your debit card.

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.3.1.938
    10-22-14 03:18 PM
    It also works with your debit card.

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 OS 10.3.1.938
    Yeah, but I don't have an RBC Bank account so... this was easier than opening one.

Posted via CB10
    Lee9810 likes this.
    10-22-14 03:37 PM
    I would love to have more NFC payment options available on the BB. I'm in the US on Verizon and it sounds like I'm going to be waiting for a cold day in hell for that to happen.

Everyone here wants to complain that BB isn't doing enough to foster the adoption of the technology, and get banks to pursue applications to use NFC for mobile payment.

I think you're all looking at it wrong, BB is moving away from consumer devices and focusing on enterprise support, ala BES. The handset division hasn't been making them money for a while now and there isn't a plan for it to grow just yet. I respect the fact that they have to go with whats profitable, not cater to those of us who are left. As unfortunate as that is, and believe me, I'm right there with you all, waiting for more from BB. Hoping that they'll pursue the consumer market again and do more to get other companies to support what they have, get app developers to come back to the platform and continue to write apps for BB10 instead of just doing a port. The problem is that it's an uphill battle and there's more money to be made with enterprise and security, not in the consumer market.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge BB fan. I've had a BB of some model for the past 10 years. I love the platform, but it just doesn't look like they're going to pursue this outside of waiting for companies and banks to write apps to take advantage of what they've developed.
    Could they market it? Yes
    Will they? Not while they're focused on the enterprise market and not the consumer.

It's apparent that I'm going to have to switch carriers to get a new device, but that still leaves me out in the cold if i really want to use NFC payments here in the US with a BlackBerry, and thats sad.
    I hear ya, but to me if that is the direction of the company then tell the masses and let the chips fall where they may. A clear clean statement "BBRY is not pursuing this avenue at this time" or something else to explain their course of action related to these moves made by their competitors.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 07:28 AM
    I have the RBC Mobile Banking app on the Z30 on Bell.

I cannot get past the Wallet sign in screen. I get a message saying to call RBC on a 1-800 #. Which I did... and they acknowledge this is a known issue. They set me up with a "ticket" and said I should wait for them to call me back. That was 10 days ago. No call. So I called them on Friday. They said there has been no update yet... but the team is working on it. Grrr...
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 11-17-14 at 11:10 AM.
    11-16-14 09:21 AM
    Which can't be done with the app versions for BB10, because the mobile payment button on the app's home screen isn't there, unlike the version for BB9900, which is the only supported BlackBerry at present.

Posted via CB10
    https://www.ugo.ca/faq

RBC pay with your smartphone-img_20150103_222244.png

Posted with my Z10!
    01-03-15 08:51 PM
    https://www.ugo.ca/faq

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150103_222244.png 
Views:	763 
Size:	230.7 KB 
ID:	325174

Posted with my Z10!
    Yep, since my post back in mid October, I've downloaded the relatively new app Ugo, and I'm using it with my TD Visa Infinite card, just like your screen shot shows.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:46 PM
    I switch to a new shiny Passport and the stupid NFC wallet does not work...

Has anyone with a Passport on Bell been able to make this work?

Plus the app is not optimized for the bigger screen, tiny text that is cut in the middle of the screen... oh well, hopefully they'll come up with an update in a year or two...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 11:55 PM
    Yay good new now I'm proud to be a RBC client and BB user (most secure device in the world) especially when you rely on your device for banking
    01-21-15 07:02 AM
    The problem with all these mobile payment plans is they all require certain banks & certain carriers. They won't take off until everyone can use them

Posted via CB10
    Just started reading this thread and don't know if this has been stated yet, but I do agree. BlackBerry should approach the actual "Clearing Houses" for the ability to program an app that would use them directly to process payments. That is the App submits the transaction to the clearing house, the clearing house checks the users specific account (credentials submitted by the customer) to verify funds are available, if there is the charge is withdrawn from the users account and then applied to the merchants account.

There is no reason at all why any bank or specific financial institution is needed other than providing the source of the payment.

BlackBerry would need to approach Interac in Canada and Cirrus (I think) in the US. Sorry to those not in either of these countries as I do not know how your financial institutions process inter financial transactions.
    01-21-15 08:03 AM
    Long live VISA, and my aero points, it will be a cold day in hell before I start paying with my cell phone. Love cash and credit cards.......

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:07 PM
    Long live VISA, and my aero points, it will be a cold day in hell before I start paying with my cell phone. Love cash and credit cards.......

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm using the Ugo app on my Z30 that is linked to my Visa Infinite First Class card which collects travel points. So I've got the convenience of tapping my phone to pay, and I collect my points.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 04:49 PM
    Interesting if I could tie my visa card to pay & tap might be the way to go. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
    01-24-15 01:17 AM
    Most people don't seem to understand that you need an nfc enabled micro sim in order for any of these apps to work. It doesn't matter what BB10 phone you have, Z10, Z30, Passport, etc..... I have a Z10 and on Telus and have been using NFC tap payment for a while now. whether using the TimmyMe apps or UGO apps to add my PC Master Card. It works like a charm. If I have a RBC visa or Master Card, I would use that too. It is so convenient. I went to my Telus store and they switched out my regular sim card and put in the nfc micro sim for free. The nfc micro sim is usually $10 plus tax. The young boy that helped me was the best customer service representative I've ever experienced at Telus.

Two Z10 in this family - Windsor, ON, CA.
    01-24-15 10:25 AM
    Not sure why anyone thinks using your phone to pay for stuff is a good idea. There's no anonymity. Just use cash. I guess people don't care about financial privacy any more ...
    01-24-15 11:03 AM
    Not sure why anyone thinks using your phone to pay for stuff is a good idea. There's no anonymity. Just use cash. I guess people don't care about financial privacy any more ...
    It's no different, technology wise, than using the tap and pay in a credit card. It's sending the same information via NFC, and it's ubiquitous in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:12 AM
    Most people don't seem to understand that you need an nfc enabled micro sim in order for any of these apps to work. It doesn't matter what BB10 phone you have, Z10, Z30, Passport, etc..... I have a Z10 and on Telus and have been using NFC tap payment for a while now. whether using the TimmyMe apps or UGO apps to add my PC Master Card. It works like a charm. If I have a RBC visa or Master Card, I would use that too. It is so convenient. I went to my Telus store and they switched out my regular sim card and put in the nfc micro sim for free. The nfc micro sim is usually $10 plus tax. The young boy that helped me was the best customer service representative I've ever experienced at Telus.

Two Z10 in this family - Windsor, ON, CA.
    Actually the NFC SIM is NOT required for the Tim Hortons' Timmyme app. But that's an entirely different app, which is linked to Tim Cards with a defined value.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:14 AM
137 ... 3456