Hello people
    Was wondering if we would get active frames and all the Bb10 gestures with the experience suite or not
    03-09-15 04:43 AM
    More than likely you wouldn't get active frames or other OS level features. You'd just be getting a version of the hub or other features in the experience package built for the specific OS.

This will be an enterprise level feature for BES customers though, the average consumer won't have a chance to purchase it.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 05:04 AM
    This will be an app.. it will need to function in a way that the users of a device would find natural. Would make very little sense to force an iOS users to learn a totally different way of navigating within an app. Would be a sure fire way to have your app uninstalled pretty quickly.

Still waiting to see what BlackBerry does with BES Cloud BlackBerry
    03-09-15 09:15 AM
    I just want an android launcher based on bb10, with the hub, active frames and no app drawer. App drawer feels so old school to me.
    03-09-15 12:13 PM
    I just want an android launcher based on bb10, with the hub, active frames and no app drawer. App drawer feels so old school to me.
    Yeah? And how would you remember all the apps installed on your device? I guess you want to use something like universal search or an assistant to launch the apps, but how can you keep track of installed apps in a convenient manner, without an app drawer of sorts?
    03-09-15 12:18 PM
    Yeah? And how would you remember all the apps installed on your device? I guess you want to use something like universal search or an assistant to launch the apps, but how can you keep track of installed apps in a convenient manner, without an app drawer of sorts?
    BB10 has all the apps installed on the home screens to the right. No app drawer, iOS is the same. Android just takes another step of opening an app drawer.
    03-09-15 12:22 PM
    BB10 has all the apps installed on the home screens to the right. No app drawer, iOS is the same. Android just takes another step of opening an app drawer.
    Ah, OK, I thought you want to remove the app drawer altogether.
    03-09-15 12:28 PM
    This will be an enterprise level feature for BES customers though, the average consumer won't have a chance to purchase it.

Posted via CB10
    Please provide a link to your source for this information. I've yet to see anything from BlackBerry stating that things like the Hub, Calendar and Contacts will only be available to BES subscribers. I've seen a lot of fans hoping that that is the case though.
    03-12-15 05:49 AM
    Please provide a link to your source for this information. I've yet to see anything from BlackBerry stating that things like the Hub, Calendar and Contacts will only be available to BES subscribers. I've seen a lot of fans hoping that that is the case though.
    Here you are: BlackBerry Experience Suite - iOS, Android, Windows - It's in the Enterprise section of BlackBerry's global site which is a fairly strong indication of it being a BES feature.
    03-12-15 11:22 AM
    Here you are: BlackBerry Experience Suite - iOS, Android, Windows - It's in the Enterprise section of BlackBerry's global site which is a fairly strong indication of it being a BES feature.
    Ah, so in other words - no, you don't have a source for that information.

That link isn't a strong indication of anything. It is meaningless. Here is a hint. BBM meetings and BBM protected are both in the enterprise section of BlackBerry's global site. That must mean that they require BES right? Ermm, nope. They sure don't.

No one from BlackBerry has ever said that this was going to be a BES only feature, so why were you acting so sure of it?

Hoping all of BB10's unique features going cross platform will require BES is one thing, but to act like it is a fact that it will is a completely different thing. Bottom line is we all need to wait for BlackBerry to release more info on this.
    03-12-15 12:54 PM