From Engadget:

"Remember that QNX-loaded Porsche 911 we sat down with (in?) at CES? Well, it's back and it learned a few new tricks en route to New Amsterdam York City. The car-friendly software company got its hooks into AT&T's Watson Speech API and used it to power a new voice-command system for it's own take on the "virtual assistant." Using the new speech recognition tool and Ma Bell's LTE network QNX was able to pull up websites, find a Starbucks (though, in New York City you'd have to be blind to not find one) and place calls. All in all, the demo wasn't too different from what we saw in Vegas in January -- in fact, we wouldn't be surprised to find out that Porsche was also utilizing Watson, long before it was announced. For a familiar, but still interesting demo, check out the video after the break."

QNX's Watson-connected Porsche 911, hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    bluetroll and MADBRADNYC like this.
    04-19-12 03:33 PM
    Will any of this end up in Porsche's real cars?
    04-19-12 03:39 PM
    They need to commercialize this quick...
    04-19-12 03:41 PM
    QNX=Amazing!
    Thanks!
    04-19-12 03:46 PM
    04-19-12 10:27 PM
    I love the concept but ...
    "it's Dallas because the car thinks it's in Dallas right now" (00:50) holly crap !!!
    I can't believe some are still demoing like that ...

Ok it's a prototype (also the device is not even close to Porsche quality standards; buttons, plastic ...) but c'mon guys : you can't do that !
    04-20-12 03:08 AM
    I love the concept but ...
    "it's Dallas because the car thinks it's in Dallas right now" (00:50) holly crap !!!
    I can't believe some are still demoing like that ...

Ok it's a prototype (also the device is not even close to Porsche quality standards; buttons, plastic ...) but c'mon guys : you can't do that !
    Definitely agree, it seemed odd (lazy?) not updating the car's location. It is possible that the location had to be hard-coded, the Watson API isn't being publicly released until June.

I also thought the playbook voice chat seemed a bit odd/tinny. I use voice chat to speak to a friend every week over wifi, and it is honestly better than my regular land-line phone connection, and way better quality than Skype.

If you think 00:50 is strange, go to 2:25 and eat your vegetables.
    04-20-12 08:01 AM
    f you think 00:50 is strange, go to 2:25 and eat your vegetables.
    it has been so hard already to write this down ... non, I won't comment any further !
    04-20-12 01:20 PM
    It will be completely awesome to see Watson on PB. Then we will see who's da boss F*ck Siri
    04-30-12 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD