03-11-11 04:41 AM
57 123
tools
    except OS7 is not QNX. but they like to "dream" around here.
    Actually, we don't know for sure one way or the other. Rumors are strong that 6.1 is coming, and QNX is a big enough technological jump that it should warranrt more than a .1 bump in version designation. There's also talk about OS7, and talk that QNX will at some point make its way into BB handhelds. Seems like a logical correrlation, though not one I'd be inclined to take to the bank.

All that aside, kb5zht's math looks right on the money - whatever they call it, it's highly unlikely we're going to see it on store shelves this year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 10:54 AM
    RIM specifically said qnx couldn't operate without a dual core processor.
    I believe they said the "Tablet OS" needs dual core. QNX does not equal "Tablet OS". QNX is the microkernel and is certified to run on many, ancient single core processors. The "Tablet OS" is everything running on top of QNX plus QNX itself, including the Adobe AIR GUI that you interact with. They could run the BBOS for phones on top of QNX too if they wanted to port it to support it.
    03-09-11 11:27 AM
    QNX ballyhooed on HH's? Imagine having the bulletproof capabilities of aerospace in the palm of your hand......content/media and messaging at your fingertips pushed from RIMS NOC/BIS through qnx distributed multi-processing.... having millatary class communication and logistics at the palm of your hand......an os that can support any VM and emulator you can shake a stick at....allowing any app from any platform on the market to run better on the QNX handheld because of QNX's superior enginerring and architecture...I could go on...but I'm tired

I can easily imagine all this - I'm a science fiction fan.

But I bought a Berry because it was touted as "the ultimate device for business". Then I experienced having Calendar entries randomly deleted, plus random lockups and spontaneous reboots etc - typically while I was doing something time sensitive like schedule an appointment with a prospect or my dentist.

So while I can still imagine all that you describe, I have trouble imagining it on a Berry.

Serious request : I've read several of your posts now, and they're all totally of the "pie-in-the-sky Berries will do everything you want better than anybody!" flavour. All future tense of course. Not a problem - everyone has an opinion and we're all entitled to express it. But if possible, could you justify your opinions with real facts and the logic path you follow to reach your conclusions?

You don't have to, of course, but assuming your wildly positive assessments are justified I may learn something - and I truly am open to learning. At the very least it will help me understand how seriously to take your comments. To be honest, at this stage I have trouble taking them seriously and I think that does you an injustice.

No disrespect intended - I get the feeling you're pretty intelligent and I always like to learn from intelligent people where possible.

- R.
    03-09-11 04:05 PM
    I can easily imagine all this - I'm a science fiction fan.

But I bought a Berry because it was touted as "the ultimate device for business". Then I experienced having Calendar entries randomly deleted, plus random lockups and spontaneous reboots etc - typically while I was doing something time sensitive like schedule an appointment with a prospect or my dentist.

So while I can still imagine all that you describe, I have trouble imagining it on a Berry.

Serious request : I've read several of your posts now, and they're all totally of the "pie-in-the-sky Berries will do everything you want better than anybody!" flavour. All future tense of course. Not a problem - everyone has an opinion and we're all entitled to express it. But if possible, could you justify your opinions with real facts and the logic path you follow to reach your conclusions?

You don't have to, of course, but assuming your wildly positive assessments are justified I may learn something - and I truly am open to learning. At the very least it will help me understand how seriously to take your comments. To be honest, at this stage I have trouble taking them seriously and I think that does you an injustice.

No disrespect intended - I get the feeling you're pretty intelligent and I always like to learn from intelligent people where possible.

- R.
    Well my first suggestion would be to spend time at www.qnx.com

They have a wealth of info and you can find links to development partners and announced partnerships and delopment platforms.....lol( as well news and updates on some crazy projects they are a part of, as far as NASA, millitary etc. Goes)

I appreciate your response and in the future I'll try my best to have links and documetation to affirm my claims and foresight....and as you mentioned learn!

Learn is key....having those links and documenation only helps and aids in us all learning and gaining a bit more insight collectively! You inspired a eureka moment for me! Lol thanks

And if you have any questions on why I may have stated a claim...ask me a question...that goes for anyone on CB and I'll do my best to provide a link for it! Or provide documentaion
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 03-09-11 at 10:34 PM.
    03-09-11 10:29 PM
    What hands on experience do you have with qnx and how rim is using it. So far all I know from your ramblings is you must have wikipedia bookmarked...
    03-10-11 09:57 PM
    What hands on experience do you have with qnx and how rim is using it. So far all I know from your ramblings is you must have wikipedia bookmarked...
    No offense I suppose, but what hands on knowledge do you have?
    03-10-11 10:18 PM
    No offense I suppose, but what hands on knowledge do you have?
    thats my point, i dont either. We know it looks good but extremely few of us have any real knowledge past videos we have seen.
    03-11-11 04:41 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD