Posted via CB10
    SubCamp likes this.
    01-07-14 01:00 PM
    It's like bb10 u can install android app

Posted via CB10
    Well put

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:12 PM
    I guess I was too subtle. Unless you are an insoder you have no idea how much it is or isn't like BB10 , although emulating Android on top of QNX is feature of BB10 that doe not mean this is "like BB10"

More interesting is coincerns re Google or Apple swooping in and taking over this business and does QNX have a plan.

The demos at CES seem to say YES.

Think about it, QNX is already there and works. Apple and Google feels they need to be there but does anyone really want an Android car or an iCar or do they just want to be able to attach reliably?
    01-07-14 03:14 PM
    I guess I was too subtle. Unless you are an insoder you have no idea how much it is or isn't like BB10 , although emulating Android on top of QNX is feature of BB10 that doe not mean this is "like BB10"

More interesting is coincerns re Google or Apple swooping in and taking over this business and does QNX have a plan.

The demos at CES seem to say YES.

Think about it, QNX is already there and works. Apple and Google feels they need to be there but does anyone really want an Android car or an iCar or do they just want to be able to attach reliably?
    New cars, new processors and management systems. Replacing qnx with say Linux is not a huge task, especially if it's seen as easing integration to Android or ios information /entertainment systems. Hopefully the qnx guys have not aligned themselves exclusively to BlackBerry.
    01-07-14 04:43 PM
    This should be the plan.

Car Manufacturer : Google and Apple are now offering infotainment systems. What is QNX going to do to convince me to stay?

QNX : Well, Apple still requires QNX behind the scenes to run and we can currently load Google's Android apps on QNX. Why would you waste money getting to know the problems of two completely new systems when you can stay with the market leader and keep all of your customers happy. You don't want to do what Ford did with Microsoft, do you?

Car Manufacturer: Good point.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    01-08-14 09:41 AM
    New cars, new processors and management systems. Replacing qnx with say Linux is not a huge task, especially if it's seen as easing integration to Android or ios information /entertainment systems. Hopefully the qnx guys have not aligned themselves exclusively to BlackBerry.
    They are owned by BlackBerry...BlackBerry gets to decide who QNX operates with.
    01-08-14 04:48 PM
    Brilliant waste of time, not only the industry is nowhere near ready for all electric cars, but they chose to do something that could easily be replicated by basically anybody when the time comes.
    01-09-14 04:34 AM
    Umm, no. Linux is not a real time OF and it is not geared towards embedded systems.

Posted via CB10
    LoganSix likes this.
    01-09-14 11:36 AM
    Brilliant waste of time, not only the industry is nowhere near ready for all electric cars, but they chose to do something that could easily be replicated by basically anybody when the time comes.
    Well, not just electric cars. I mean, imagine you could download various engine sounds. You could make your Yaris sound like Bigfoot, or a '90s V10 Formula 1 car, which even Formula 1 cars can't do any more. Then blue tooth it all to an external speaker system -- with the soundtrack to Fast and Furious (or Smokey and the Bandit, whatever's your preference)-- and really blow people's minds.
    01-09-14 01:13 PM
    Well, not just electric cars. I mean, imagine you could download various engine sounds. You could make your Yaris sound like Bigfoot, or a '90s V10 Formula 1 car, which even Formula 1 cars can't do any more. Then blue tooth it all to an external speaker system -- with the soundtrack to Fast and Furious (or Smokey and the Bandit, whatever's your preference)-- and really blow people's minds.
    Yah but than after they stop laughing at your Prius with the F1 sound effects.....

Posted via CB10
    22mchan likes this.
    01-09-14 04:00 PM
    Umm, no. Linux is not a real time OF and it is not geared towards embedded systems.

Posted via CB10
    Real time Linux is one of the main players in embedded systems, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    01-09-14 04:13 PM
    Real time Linux is one of the main players in embedded systems, you have no idea what you're talking about.
    How different is RT Linux from stock Linux, and how different is stock Linux from the modified Linux used in Android? (it is known that Google has modified the stock Linux kernel architecture for Android)

Not sure we can say Android runs on Linux -- we can seemingly only say that Android runs on a kernel that is based on the Linux kernel.

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    Last edited by mnc76; 01-20-14 at 03:12 AM.
    01-19-14 11:42 AM
    never heard of it. Just know it doesn't go on nuclear submarines.
    01-20-14 07:46 PM
    FYI:
    https://rt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

The fake engine sounds remind me of the South Park episode where the Biker's came to town and the kids were trying to re-purpose an "F" word to mean loud, obnoxious motorcyclists

I'd like to see a QNX commercial where a quiet car pulls up next to another car (muscle?), and then cycles through sounds from other cars to freak out the other driver..
    01-20-14 08:43 PM