With CES kicking off very soon, and the next QNX concept car about to be revealed, what do you think the next QNX concept car will be? QNX has quite the high-end brand name tradition to maintain with first the Porsche 911, then the Bentley Continental GTC, but what is next?

I think it will be a Mercedes-Benz CLA, possibly a CLA45 AMG.

I wish it would be the new Rolls-Royce Wraith, or another Bentley such as the new Flying Spur, even the Mercedes S-Class Coupe Concept or the next gen BMW M3/M4, but all those are about as likely as winning the lottery.

Heads up QNX, but I hear Audi is bringing a revised version of their Sport Quattro to CES with three dimensional displays, a Tegra 30 processor from Nvidia, a 4.0L V8 engine aided by an electric motor producing in total 690bhp/800Nm of torque (0-62 in 3.7 seconds), and Audi's new Laser/LED headlights (originally debuted on the face lifted A8). This will most likely be the car showcasing Android in it too.

LoganSix just pointed out to me that there is a thread on this topic already that was created last week. Steer your comments over there. The link he gave is listed below:
    Make your bets ! Next QNX surprise is ... ?[/QUOTE]

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bjschey; 01-02-14 at 01:14 PM.
    01-02-14 05:26 AM
    I'd like so see something different added. Like a Landrover. No, really....think about it...show off not only luxury features but also features for an adventure, such as using navigation, maps, integration with safety groups, etc.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    01-02-14 07:01 AM
    They had a Jeep and it will make a return to CES with a new software build.
    http://www.qnxauto.blogspot.ca/2013/...er-to-hit.html
    It's their reference car so they may also bring a (new) concept car.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 08:14 AM
    They had a Jeep and it will make a return to CES with a new software build.
    QNX Auto Blog: Is this the most jazzed-up Jeep ever to hit CES?
    It's their reference car so they may also bring a (new) concept car.

Posted via CB10
    Ha!!! That's the kind of thing I was thinking of. I said a Landrover but a Jeep is even better. More accessible and a demographic that might not be tapped via the luxury car.
    01-02-14 08:20 AM
    I think it will be a Mercedes-Benz CLA, possibly a CLA45 AMG.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't we resolve this with the other thread?
    01-02-14 08:23 AM
    Naaa toyota corolla (very popular mass volume selling car) haha

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and Bigbacala like this.
    01-02-14 09:00 AM
    Whatever it is, I hope it is different from the last time. They used the same car like 2-3 times in their showcases.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:04 AM
    I'd like so see something different added. Like a Landrover. No, really....think about it...show off not only luxury features but also features for an adventure, such as using navigation, maps, integration with safety groups, etc.
    I like the Land Rover idea considering it's a QNX system now that is really showing it's age. Time for an overhaul.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:37 AM
    Didn't we resolve this with the other thread?
    If there is another thread, post the link. I saw a number of recent threads going on about the Android/Audi deal, but none on the next QNX car. I may have missed it.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:44 AM
    01-02-14 12:17 PM
    Thanks, I'll repost over there.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:10 PM
    I hope they drop the high end cars concept cars that have no sales volume and put it in a range of high volume selling vehicles and actually get it INTO PRODUCTION!!! Honda Civic or Accord, Toyota Camry or Corolla, Ford Focus, or the best selling vehicle in North America the F150.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:53 PM
    I hope they drop the high end cars concept cars that have no sales volume and put it in a range of high volume selling vehicles and actually get it INTO PRODUCTION!!! Honda Civic or Accord, Toyota Camry or Corolla, Ford Focus, or the best selling vehicle in North America the F150.

Posted via CB10
    Like a Jeep?
    01-02-14 02:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Platinum F-Series pick-ups are already running QNX, just with Microsoft's sync system on top of it (not sure of the thinking behind this idea at Ford, should just be full QNX, no Microsoft).

It looks like it will be a Mercedes-Benz CLA this year (Possibly the $50k CLA45 AMG), mostly because Mercedes is trying to push that car to a younger generation (with not a whole lot of money), QNX was tasked with adding more tech to it to draw them in. This car also seems like it was picked because of Audi bringing a concept Sport Quattro to CES which is also targeted to the same consumers as the CLA. Personally, I would have loved to see a more advanced QNX touch on the already QNX powered and brand new S65 AMG.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 02:31 PM
    Cloud and Services they say.

I think it would be good for them to add BlackBerry World. That way entertainment systems would be able to have 'BlackBerry World Compatibility' and cars would be able to download apps designed for a certain Screen Size that BlackBerry sees fit.

Weather apps, stock apps, calculators would be good.

A fully set-up Bridge would be amazing!!!!

Posted via my Z30.
    01-02-14 11:46 PM
    I recalls seeing some folks on here that had a 'my car apps' pop up as a separate tab in BlackBerry World.

I would not be surprised to see this come to fruition.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-02-14 11:56 PM
    I know BMW is going to show the new "Connected Drive". Since they use QNX, that could be it. Or they can Show the upcoming BMW i8, with the new navigation system that has the 360 mobility features, which helps you find charging stations, even make reservations for it, and plot the most eco route based on the car battery charge level.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 01:12 AM
    It's going to be a Benz or the new Chevy impala!! Or maybe a BMW.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:51 AM
    QNX is already in the 2013 range rover and range rover sport. http://www.youtube.com/embed/M9ORJm5l9VQ?autoplay=1

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:31 AM
    Judging by the pic on the website the back end almost looks like a Lexus but that's just my guess...
    QNX Concept Car Predictions for CES 2014-bb-qnx-ces-2014.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 10:46 AM
    Judging by the pic on the website the back end almost looks like a Lexus but that's just my guess...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb qnx ces 2014.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	236427

Posted via CB10
    Could be the 2015 mustang under that sheet.
    01-06-14 11:00 AM
    Could be the 2015 mustang under that sheet.
    The mustang's back is different besides ford is working with Microsoft for car infotainment systems.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 11:03 AM
    I think it's the new impala.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 11:10 AM
    Make your bets ! Next QNX surprise is ... ?

Duplicate thread alert!! Duplicate thread alert!!
    01-06-14 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD