12-28-13 06:26 PM
94 1234
tools
    The metric going forward of active users, monthly or shorter, will define the success.
    Cant really do an active user count in 60 days, probably not enough data. I do agree that active is a big thing, but being able to attract the attention of so many so quickly is a great first step.
    app_Developer and m1a1mg like this.
    12-20-13 07:08 AM
    Anyone who can't see what is coming is blind. Prem Watsa is really the biggest ***** here if he thinks they can turn around now. BB10 is a disaster and was their last shot. I knew three people that got a BB10 device, myself not included. I returned mine, two others returned theirs and the third one hates his with a passion. Apps are awful and the way it integrates back into a desktop is poor. Even the experience to setup email is garbage.

Say what you want about clearing financials out to give Chen a clean slate or whatever, no doubt about it that Blackberry is a total disaster. Problem is now they really can't lay many more people off or Chen will be scrubbing the toilets and designing the software himself. (Heck that might even be a good thing because then someone might realize how inferior the product is.)

All I have to say is last one to leave, don't forget to turn the lights off.
    12-20-13 07:10 AM
    Why outselling? Because they have the worst marketing for BB10 right now. Some people didnt know there's new BB10 platform. I hope Sir Chen is the key to this problem.
    And what marketing does BBOS have? Still outselling it 3 to 1

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and raccoon210 like this.
    12-20-13 07:11 AM
    Well there are only a small percentage that want the old. And they are all in emerging markets.
    Its not that they are wanted in the emerging markets, its more they are cheaper. If there was a BB10 device selling at the same price as a Curve, the BB10 devices would out sell legacy
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-20-13 07:14 AM
    I have to agree Cayman...I tried out the Z10, but other than the screen, the phone was aweful in almost every way. The apps all felt as though they were made in Bangladesh or some far off land...the icons looked silly...the camera was marginal...notifications were sub par at best compared to the competition. I see nowhere really that BB10 is a step up from legacy devices...the numbers basically prove that. BB has painted itself in the corner. Do they trash BB10?...do they now push legacy devices? Largely, it appears people are just tired of whatever crap BB pushes out their doors.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    bbq10l likes this.
    12-20-13 07:15 AM
    The Z10 is as cheap as BBOS, has been for a while in UK, still ain't selling.

Posted via CB10
    In emerging markets the price hasn't gone down as much
    12-20-13 07:17 AM
    Its not that they are wanted in the emerging markets, its more they are cheaper. If there was a BB10 device selling at the same price as a Curve, the BB10 devices would out sell legacy
    They do sell at the Curve price in UK, still not selling

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and flyingsolid like this.
    12-20-13 07:20 AM
    Let's not turn this into a food fight already. Rational discussion, subject, not members, or we take other action.
    12-20-13 07:27 AM
    They do sell at the Curve price in UK, still not selling

Posted via CB10
    Like I said, in the emerging markets. Maybe we should be given a breakdown of the selling trends of BB10 vs legacy according to market. It might give a clearer picture.
    12-20-13 07:29 AM
    Listening to the conference call now, waiting to hear John Speak .....
    were can you listen, does anyone have a link?
    12-20-13 07:31 AM
    Listening to the conference call now, waiting to hear John Speak .....
    where can i find this
    Dont mind : found it
    12-20-13 07:33 AM
    were can you listen, does anyone have a link?
    where can i find this
    BlackBerry Ltd. - BlackBerry Third Quarter, Fiscal 2014 Earnings Conference Call

http://ca.blackberry.com/company/investors/events.html
    fairycake likes this.
    12-20-13 07:34 AM
    Enterprise Services: Company sees increasing penetration of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES10) with over 30,000 commercial and test servers installed to date, up from 25,000 in September 2013; Company remains a mobile device management leader with global enterprise customer base exceeding 80,000
    Can't believe they get a pass on this.

Tom Brady and I have a combined total of three Super Bowl rings. Similar concept. Accurate, misleading.
    12-20-13 07:37 AM
    why did'nt crackerry put a link up to this or did they and I missed it?
    12-20-13 07:39 AM
    Can't believe they get a pass on this.

Tom Brady and I have a combined total of three Super Bowl rings. Similar concept. Accurate, misleading.
    I don't understand what the problem is.
    12-20-13 07:41 AM
    They're including companies that are simply testing BES10 and only 5000 since the last quarter.

Basically BES10 is a failure too.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 07:45 AM
    Bb10 <craps> bricks on every previous version of BlackBerry OSs. I sure don't see a spinning clock, or worse yet, a stuck clock on my bb10 whenever I do anything in my Z10, be it installation/uninstallation of apps; opening my browser; trying to view pictures on Facebook; etc.

I can attest that the speed of notifications has gotten top notch as the OS keeps maturing and that it's actually faster than that of my Torch 9810 which I still keep.

I won't even get into the unrivalled efficient means of navigating and fluid flow of bb10. Absolutely no need to.

Biggest problem bb10 faced was pricing in direct relation to app offerings. There was just no way people were going to pay the similar money for a BlackBerry with such a golf in popular apps between it and iOS and Android devices. These days you step into any carrier store and you are hard pressed to see a bb10 device on display. Clerks don't bother telling people about them as it's just too hard to sell. Therefore, I'm not surprised the sales figures are utterly dismal.

All is not lost though, as bb10 is still young and keeps getting better with each updated version. It entered into a space where Blackberry was much maligned, but with shrewd and astute management it can develop into a platform which sees respectable sales.

Keep moving, BlackBerry.

Posted using the most awesome typing experience known to mankind #Z10
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12-20-13 at 09:20 AM. Reason: posting around language filters
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-20-13 07:45 AM
    After seeing another loss and fewer folks buying the brand, the folks I feel for are the die hard loyal fans who have stuck with the brand through think and thin. My z10 sits in a drawer and until such time when they can get 10.2.1 out as an official release here on T-Mobile USA. Until that time comes, I am done with BB OS10 and will be on my iPhone 5S and IOS7. Sorry folks, but here in the USA the brand is dead and nobody wants a Blackberry anymore which is sad. I directly hold the folks who have been in charge in Waterloo the last few years for making the bad decisions which has brought them to this point and worst of all, getting paid millions of dollars to do it.

I really liked the z10 and I was staring to get to like the great features of BB OS10 i.e.the hub, peek and gesturing, but when my local carrier has all but abandoned the brand here and all you get are smart *** comments from the folks in the stores when you ask about future support and/or products, I have to honestly say that it's hard to stay loyal at this point in time. What's really sad is the fact that in the last two weeks of being in the malls, shopping and running errands, I haven't seen one BB OS10 device being used here, not one. Need I say anymore.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-20-13 07:48 AM
    They're including companies that are simply testing BES10 and only 5000 since the last quarter.

Posted via CB10
    Example. Out of 30K servers, 28K might be test servers and only 2K used in actual production environment. I don't have actual data so don't take my numbers seriously.
    12-20-13 07:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    They are not simply testing. Mostly all are testing for bbos to bb10 conversions. Meaning most are currently Blackberry consumers. Adding severs is meaningful.
    12-20-13 07:58 AM
    Hum...

During the quarter, approximately 4.3 million BlackBerry smartphones were sold through to end customers, which included shipments made and recognized prior to the third quarter and which reduced the Company's inventory in channel. Of the BlackBerry smartphones sold through to end customers in the third quarter, approximately 3.2 million were BlackBerry 7 devices.
    12-20-13 08:01 AM
    BB did not provide sales data for BES 10 but just the downloaded/installed number. Therefore, there is a good chance BES sales are weak. If BES sales are weak and BB is spinning it like BES is doing great, this is disingenuous and misleading, and especially not fair to investors.
    kevinnugent, JeepBB and Cashgap like this.
    12-20-13 08:03 AM
    Yikes, BB7 outselling BB10 devices by 3 to 1.
    Bb10 was not launched properly. It us an established product vs almost word of mouth, this will have the same result in almost all situations.

Everyone I have shown my phone to has upgraded.

We also have to take into consideration that a lot of people are tied down to contracts and aren't going to break them for phones they know nothing about. In Canada bb10 was released only a couple years after the newest bold, but we have 3 year contracts. That means I'd people wanted to upgrade to the new BlackBerry, away from the tried and tested phones, they would have to essentially buy it off contract or pay just as much to negotiate... not many people are willing to do that for any phone.

TH failed, on many levels. Chen has good devices and a great OS to work with, so far it seems he k own what he is doing. Bb10 won't be what I believe it can overnight, the hole has been dug too deep, but I think it can get there with some improvements to deployment and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 08:08 AM
    Hum...
    I think an interesting question would be how many devices were shipped in the quarter and what percent was BB10.
    12-20-13 08:10 AM
    I think an interesting question would be how many devices were shipped in the quarter and what percent were BB10.
    12-20-13 08:11 AM
94 1234