06-19-14 02:05 PM
198 ... 678
tools
    I just noticed that my dog food brand markets themselves as "Proudly Made in Canada", but they don't have a BlackBerry app.

Attachment 277750

Do I need to boycott them? My dog will be most upset, but heaven forbid I support a Canadian company that doesn't have a BlackBerry app.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    You should give it a rest, I think you have made your point enough times in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    06-12-14 05:59 PM
    You should give it a rest, I think you have made your point enough times in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I have. But thanks for your input.

06-12-14 06:06 PM
    I just noticed that my dog food brand markets themselves as "Proudly Made in Canada", but they don't have a BlackBerry app.

Attachment 277750

Do I need to boycott them? My dog will be most upset, but heaven forbid I support a Canadian company that doesn't have a BlackBerry app.

So they have an IOS app and an android app but gave you a flat out no when you asked if they would be making an app for BlackBerry or even porting the android one? Then yes. You should boycott them.

Posted via CB10
    Paintman321 likes this.
    06-12-14 07:07 PM
    So they have an IOS app and an android app but gave you a flat out no when you asked if they would be making an app for BlackBerry or even porting the android one? Then yes. You should boycott them.

Posted via CB10
    I must confess, if they did have an app, this would fall into my category of "Yes, there's an app for that, but doesn't mean there should be one".

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of useful apps out there ... both on BlackBerry and apps I wish were on BlackBerry. but there's a lot of other apps that feel like they exist for the sake of being part of the "There's an app for that" bandwagon ... both on BlackBerry and also not on BlackBerry.
    06-12-14 07:32 PM
    I must confess, if they did have an app, this would fall into my category of "Yes, there's an app for that, but doesn't mean there should be one".

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of useful apps out there ... both on BlackBerry and apps I wish were on BlackBerry. but there's a lot of other apps that feel like they exist for the sake of being part of the "There's an app for that" bandwagon ... both on BlackBerry and also not on BlackBerry.
    Oh I completely agree. I was being a bit sarcastic as the poster has deliberately confused the original issue. It wasn't simply a case west jet claiming to be proudly Canadian that was the main issue in my eyes. It was their response to a request for a BlackBerry App, especially considering they want to be proudly Canadian, that I think ruffled the most feathers.

But in all honesty - I shouldn't have bothered to respond at all as that poster has repeatedly, deliberately, tried to make the issue into something it wasn't. I'm done now and will try better to contain my thumbs. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:51 PM
    So un-Canadian of them.
    06-13-14 01:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really??? Change a pet's diet because of fan boyism?
    06-13-14 09:59 AM
    So un-Canadian of them.
    Yes, very. Lol

Since they're the only high end brand of dog food made in Canada, I'll have to switch to an American food. D

06-13-14 11:34 AM
    Oh I completely agree. I was being a bit sarcastic as the poster has deliberately confused the original issue. It wasn't simply a case west jet claiming to be proudly Canadian that was the main issue in my eyes. It was their response to a request for a BlackBerry App, especially considering they want to be proudly Canadian, that I think ruffled the most feathers.
    The issue is that you and some other BlackBerry users have decided that there is some link between BlackBerry and being proudly Canadian. There isn't. It is the most ridiculous claim ever. Westjet is absolutely right to make a decision as to what platforms to release an app for based on market share, and can still call themselves proudly Canadian.

I totally understand BlackBerry users wanting an app. I want a CFL app and I'm terribly disappointed that they only have them for the iPhone and Android, but i can't expect it considering the tiny market share BlackBerry has. I certainly can't start calling them un-Canadian. That would just be crazy.

You and any other BlackBerry user don't get to decide who is proudly Canadian. It's silly.

06-13-14 08:01 PM
    I think you are wrong. Why is it silly to criticize a company for anything pertaining to business? BlackBerry users may be part of the smallest share in the market, but that doesn't mean that we should just shut up, smile and take it like good little minions. It is totally fair game to call out Westjet in this issue. Especially when their competitors, Air Canada and Porter have released BlackBerry apps.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan, mnc76 and tmf06 like this.
    06-13-14 09:22 PM
    Ok, so all it took was a number of people to make Westjet aware of how easy it is to port an Android app to BlackBerry 10. There is obviously work to be done to get developers even aware that it's possible.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 09:49 AM
    Ok, so all it took was a number of people to make Westjet aware of how easy it is to port an Android app to BlackBerry 10. There is obviously work to be done to get developers even aware that it's possible.

Posted via CB10
    It is just speculation that's what happened.
    06-14-14 12:27 PM
    I want a CFL app and I'm terribly disappointed that they only have them for the iPhone and Android, but i can't expect it considering the tiny market share BlackBerry has. I certainly can't start calling them un-Canadian. That would just be crazy.
    Actually, that's a weird example, but I get your point. First, BlackBerry does have 15% of the Canadian market, so sizeable enough for the Canadian audience. In the case of CFL, they have one for Windows Phone and not BlackBerry 10, which I find odd in this particular market. Could be that Microsoft funded the development though.

Regardless, just keep asking Westjet for it, folks. Could very well be it's on a roadmap somewhere.
    06-14-14 01:29 PM
    http://www.canada.ca/en/mobile/index.html

A lot of apps down the list do not have BBOS/BB10 versions.

Thus, Canada itself is clearly NOT proudly Canadian, and should be boycotted.
    06-14-14 07:45 PM
    http://www.canada.ca/en/mobile/index.html

A lot of apps down the list do not have BBOS/BB10 versions.

Thus, Canada itself is clearly NOT proudly Canadian, and should be boycotted.
    Start a letter writing campaign to Parliament Hill, this anti-Canadian behaviour from the Canadian government is simply unacceptable.
    06-14-14 07:59 PM
    Start a letter writing campaign to Parliament Hill, this anti-Canadian behaviour from the Canadian government is simply unacceptable.
    Haha. I'm going to boycott the Canadian government. I'm going to start by not paying my taxes.

06-15-14 10:12 AM
    Regardless, just keep asking Westjet for it, folks. Could very well be it's on a roadmap somewhere.
    Absolutely, keep asking for it. Nothing wrong with asking for it. I've asked for a bunch of apps I'd like for BB10.

budsfan1970 likes this.
    06-15-14 10:14 AM
    Haha. I'm going to boycott the Canadian government. I'm going to start by not paying my taxes.

I just declare them as a dependent.
    06-15-14 11:09 AM
    Yes, very. Lol

Since they're the only high end brand of dog food made in Canada, I'll have to switch to an American food. D

Actually, there are many Canadian high end dog foods. Acana, Orijen, Go, Now, Nature's Harvest, Canine Plus, Lifetime, to name a few!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 08:16 AM
    Actually, there are many Canadian high end dog foods. Acana, Orijen, Go, Now, Nature's Harvest, Canine Plus, Lifetime, to name a few!

Posted via CB10
    Boutique food brands often aren't the healthiest and tend to appeal to human emotional purchases with buzzwords like holistic, human grade, all natural and frankly some ridiculous feel good ingredients that are not the natural diet that the animal evolved on. I am speaking from experience with feline foods however.
    06-18-14 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    None of those have BlackBerry apps.

06-18-14 02:19 PM
    It's all over.
    There won't be native BB10 apps anymore...
    WestJet IT department made smart decision.
    Yup. It's moot now.

BlackBerry isn't proudly Canadian anymore so I'm assuming that many people on this forum will boycotting them too.

06-19-14 01:55 PM
    It's all over.
    There won't be native BB10 apps anymore...
    WestJet IT department made smart decision.
    Ugh, so tired of reading posts like this. WestJet has already given their reason for not making a BB10 app (it's posted multiple times in this thread) and the reason is very simple: NOT ENOUGH BB10 USERS. They've never once mentioned something stupid like "well the Android runtime is so good and the Amazon app store is coming so why would we bother with a native app." Think about it, if their reason was the android runtime then why haven't they at least ported their android app over? They just don't give a damn AT ALL because there are so few of us and that was NEVER going to change.

At least with Amazon apps now we have an OPTION to have the WestJet app. Which is more than we had before! Please everyone, stop making this silly argument.
    06-19-14 02:05 PM
198 ... 678