10-12-15 03:32 PM
    Ugh.
    10-12-15 03:41 PM
    I get it Bla1ze, I agree these rumours are getting annoying. But Blackberry just has to release more information or just put the Damn thing for sale already. I directly blame blackberry for all rumours if they don't want to do anything about them. I have the money ready, they just have to throw it up for sale at a decent price, but you just know that they'll mess it up somehow, and my patience isn't infinite, maybe I'll just get something else and wait for the blackberry experience.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L03 using Tapatalk
    10-12-15 03:44 PM
    I get it Bla1ze, I agree these rumours are getting annoying.
    Especially when it's based off of nothing but EXIF info. I guess people forgot you can set it at whatever MP you want within that 21MP spectrum.

PRIV to have 21 megapixel camera?-screenshot-2015-10-12-17.52.46.png
    10-12-15 03:53 PM
    but you just know that they'll mess it up somehow
    Which is why they need to get this OS and it's subtilties right. There are way too many impatient people on this forum. Would it be ok for them to rush it out then take all kinds of criticism for a poor roll-out. This is their LAST chance perhaps and they need to get it right THIS time. Patience grasshopper. P.S. I can say this because I am not interested in the device
    10-12-15 03:55 PM
    Which is why they need to get this OS and it's subtilties right. There are way too many impatient people on this forum. Would it be ok for them to rush it out then take all kinds of criticism for a poor roll-out. This is their LAST chance perhaps and they need to get it right THIS time. Patience grasshopper. P.S. I can say this because I am not interested in the device
    I'd rather they put it out and actually work on updates for it. There is no perfect OS and its going to be needing updates regardless.

That being said, I have a lot of patience for a lot of things, not for this. If they wanna put it out, sure, if they don't, someone else will get my money.

10-12-15 03:58 PM
    Ugh.
    I guess that's technically a spoken word, so ... thank you? haha

...But Blackberry just has to release more information or just put the Damn thing for sale already...
    I posted this in another thread somewhere, but BlackBerry kind of got screwed. They weren't ready to officially announce it, and then they got forced into it because of all of the leaks. Now it's just a really frustrating situation for everyone. I'm annoyed because i know all about the phone, and am now just waiting for release date information, and BlackBerry is (i'm assuming) annoyed because once again, everyone is p1ssed at them for taking forever to release a phone they announced.
    10-12-15 04:06 PM
    Then they shouldn't have announced it back in March. (it was March, right?)

10-12-15 04:07 PM

Yeah, Mobile World Congress.
    10-12-15 04:09 PM
    I guess that's technically a spoken word, so ... thank you? haha

Now it's just a really frustrating situation for everyone. I'm annoyed because i know all about the phone, and am now just waiting for release date information, and BlackBerry is (i'm assuming) annoyed because once again, everyone is p1ssed at them for taking forever to release a phone they announced.

Happens just about every time. And people will remain angry until they start seeing reviews. BlackBerry is some ways has it real bad because people hype themselves up with somewhat crazy rumored specs and then when the real deal comes out and is less than, people get disappointed when really, the hype was never real. No one ever reads the 'rumor' disclaimers... or if they do, they choose to ignore them lol.
    10-12-15 04:10 PM

Technically, it was a BB10 slider that they announced in March... does that still count?

To continue on a serious note, I suspect the hardware is pretty mature, as said - we saw it in March. I doubt very much that the same can be said of the software - not the Android bits, we've already seen NDA-busting videos of folk using the Priv. I think bringing the BB Experience apps on top of that bog-standard Google Android base is going to be harder and take longer, and is the reason why it's gone a bit quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-13-15 at 08:54 AM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-13-15 07:32 AM
    I'd rather they put it out and actually work on updates for it. There is no perfect OS and its going to be needing updates regardless.

That being said, I have a lot of patience for a lot of things, not for this. If they wanna put it out, sure, if they don't, someone else will get my money.

I agree that this isn't one they can rush out the door and fix later with updates. This may be their last kick at the can and it's fashionable to bash and crucify BlackBerry these days. They can't give any reason for this to be bashed before launch

I get you don't have patience for this but understand, BlackBerry never intended for any information about even the existence of Android on BlackBerry to come out. If the device hadn't been leaked they wouldn't have mentioned it at earnings. Even Chen said the leaks forced him to at least acknowledge it at this point. And that's why they've been quiet about the rest of the details. They've only acknowledged what's been leaked.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:18 PM

Well back in March it looked like they were going to go BlackBerry 10 with the device. Changing it to Android I'm sure added months of delay.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:20 PM
    Well back in March it looked like they were going to go BlackBerry 10 with the device. Changing it to Android I'm sure added months of delay.

Posted via CB10
    Most were questioning what appear to just be an backlit image on the screen of that device in March..... and thus the Android rumors began when connected to the announced BlackBerry Experience to be released cross platform. I bet the end of BB10 and the move to Android came long before March device was shown.
    10-13-15 03:47 PM
    I bet the end of BB10 and the move to Android came long before March device was shown.
    Based on some recent understanding, there were folks running around with experimental Android devices as far back as the Classic launch.
    10-13-15 06:56 PM
    Based on some recent understanding, there were folks running around with experimental Android devices as far back as the Classic launch.
    No surprise.

Who would have suggested BlackBerry wasn't gonna test the OS and device feasibility at all? :-)

  Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)  
    10-16-15 07:40 AM