07-04-11 08:08 AM
52 123
tools
    This is what I don't get. Why is blessing of carrier needed for a wi-fi device in the first place? What was more interesting is to learn that BB App World is different per carrier. If BB App World were the same for everyone, anyone could download Bridge and wouldn't be anything AT&T could do about it. Sales of Playbooks shouldn't be made in any carrier store until the 3G/4G versions are released.
    Because carriers sell devices that can provide internet access to tablets while on the go that don't have their own cellular radio built in.

They can sell you a service(data plan,mifi) they don't make money off the tablet it's the contract for data services and maybe upgrades to your phone.

BestBuy doesn't make their money off computers, tv's etc, well they make a little but their money comes off selling warranty's, geek squad services and accessories for your devices. Let's say you buy a tablet from AT&T they may make 5% on the sell, they sell you a 2yr data connection with that tablet and mifi device or adding tethering to your phone and they make 100% profit
    That's why they are selling wifi tablets.
    07-03-11 06:43 PM
    AT&T are money hungry b!tches. I wouldn't even use them if they had services in Canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-11 08:08 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD