Is it possible to tether Blackberry PlayBook? Anyone is trying to provide service like this? What do you think friends? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 01:20 PM
    what do you mean?
    01-29-11 01:26 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. To clarify a little more on what I mean by tethering;

To take a blackberry with a data plan, and using an BB tether application, use the phones data plan to surf the web, bbm, email, etc, on the WIFI Playbook. I've read that you can only use certain features on the Playbook if its synced with a BB handheld device, but does this also pertain to the BIS services and normal browsing/app usage?
    Last edited by johnmarki; 01-29-11 at 03:07 PM.
    01-29-11 03:02 PM
    After listening to the latest crackberry podcast my question was answered. Thanks.
    01-31-11 02:43 PM
    After listening to the latest crackberry podcast my question was answered. Thanks.

And the answer is....
    02-01-11 09:08 AM
    We certainly do NOT know for sure exactly how things will go, but based on the podcast, these are the two most pertinent pieces of info:

1) Blackberry Bridge is only for PIN-based info (email, cal, BBM, etc).

2) Tethering, as we know it, should be very doable, but may be subject to additional costs depending on carrier.

A few unanswered questions I want to know more about:

1) How will Verizon handle this (I assume no differently than they do now)?

2) Can you run the bridge to get PIN stuff while at the same time tethering to get internet?
    02-01-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD