An open letter to BlackBerry management

I thought I would share this, even though it was painfull to read.
    Armchair CEO from BGR, BlackBerry will never go down that road, they are all about business and productivity,
    not cheap and like everyone else!
    Lean and mean, and all business, high end for the crowd that appreciates being connected.

That's just my opinion!
    12-19-13 12:03 PM

Armchair CEO from BGR, BlackBerry will never go down that road, they are all about business and productivity,
    not cheap and like everyone else!
    Lean and mean, and all business, high end for the crowd that appreciates being connected.

That's just my opinion!
    The letter is absolutely nonsense - BBRY simply cannot complete at the low-end, they don't have the resources for it unless the plan involves churning out endless obsolete BB7 curves.
    JeepBB likes this.
    12-19-13 12:08 PM

Armchair CEO from BGR, ...
    For the sake of accuracy, Zach Epstein of BGR is simply reprinting this open letter. It was written by Brian Blair of Wedge Partners.
    12-19-13 02:22 PM
    That guy can't even get "BlackBerry" right.

This is like "IPhone" or "IPad."

It's not just once. It's in the entire open letter.

Poor form to go along with poor advice.
    12-19-13 04:48 PM
    The letter is absolutely nonsense - BBRY simply cannot complete at the low-end, they don't have the resources for it unless the plan involves churning out endless obsolete BB7 curves.
    I actually agree with large parts of his analysis of the problem but, yes, his solution is a non-starter. If BB had the ability to produce a low-end BB10 phone, they'd have done it months ago... They must see the possibilities of a market they used to have a huge chunk of... Instead, they gave the world an early turkey in the form of the overpriced, underwhelming Q5.

And BB can't even do as you suggest, and keep churning out BB7 curves for the price conscious markets.. Now that BBM is cross-platform, all the kids will get a cheap Android phone to benefit from the android ecosystem and get BBM as the cherry on top.

Nope, the door to market success in the low-end for BB is firmly closed (and locked... and bolted).
    12-20-13 02:20 AM