Emails will be synced via ActiveSync and attachments encrypted and decrypted via Symantec's solution

Product description
    Encryption Management | Symantec PGP Universal Server

I'm finding this pretty disappointing if it's the only supported solution... and it's probably BES only.
    Gerii and Poirots Progeny like this.
    06-24-14 08:42 AM
    I agree - though it could two things: one, PGP is not deemed too important as it's less 'enterprise' in their eyes (it isn't but that's another topic) or, two, if it's just a temp patch-in solution until they develop their own full solution...
    06-24-14 08:51 AM
    Since the server URL is user provided, maybe we can emulate the API with an Open Source solution... I haven't looked at how it all works.
    06-24-14 08:58 AM
    Not going to lie, if this is true, I'm disappointed as well if this will be our only solution come 10.3.

Would you by chance have a link to a source that confirms this? Perhaps I've missed the news dropping? I just wanted to poke around to see if they elaborate any further.

This goes without asking, but are there any inherent vulnerabilities to this vs other solutions?
    06-25-14 12:09 AM
    I saw that in the new ActiveSync profile, so it's unofficial at this stage.
    06-25-14 11:21 AM
    That's a bad solution. I think BlackBerry can implement Pgp in the software.
    Or devs can develop a good app for Pgp.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 09:02 AM
    It's not like any of the others support it stock. They all would be in the form of 3rd party apps. That would be pretty revolutionary to include that ability in the stock email app.

Are you listening, Chen?
    zmsox likes this.
    07-19-14 09:07 AM
    Emails will be synced via ActiveSync and attachments encrypted and decrypted via Symantec's solution

Product description
    Encryption Management | Symantec PGP Universal Server

I'm finding this pretty disappointing if it's the only supported solution... and it's probably BES only.

Symantec of all companies. Let's see what they can put together. Maybe this is just a plug to place their other products....

Pasted via CB chen
    07-23-14 05:27 AM
    Would be a shame I'd this is the only solution. Still waiting for openvpn too
    Sent using tapatalk!
    07-23-14 03:59 PM
    In 10.3.1, work accounts can import PGP keys and a key can be selected in the email preferences, but there is no option to sign or encrypt emails using PGP. It's still S/mime only. It could be that it requires a BES update. Perhaps BES 12 is required.

A comment in the code suggest that this may also be coming to the personal side of balance.
    10-03-14 04:26 PM
    In 10.3.1, work accounts can import PGP keys and a key can be selected in the email preferences, but there is no option to sign or encrypt emails using PGP. It's still S/mime only. It could be that it requires a BES update. Perhaps BES 12 is required.

A comment in the code suggest that this may also be coming to the personal side of balance.
    This would be great. Many companies use PGP now for email.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:39 PM
    Symantec of all companies. Let's see what they can put together. Maybe this is just a plug to place their other products....

Pasted via CB chen
    Blackberry and others such as Apple already use Symantec for other services.

I don't know if this is a short term or long term deal but I can see this as being the fastest approach to offering it.
    10-03-14 09:54 PM