In a relative silence, Europeans have raised the red flag against U.S.A concerning usage of personal data and the exaggerated practices hidden behind the "terrorism fight". Fellow U.S citizens, it's not against you, buddies; someone has to unplug these practices until they comply with what we believe are fair rules. Our personal data are not for sale. Another step in the "privacy/security awareness": after words, measures.

The European Parliament has adopted the report, which calls for the suspension of agreements Safe Arbor and Switch on the transmission in the United States for personal and banking data of Europeans.

[...]
    This paper, presented by the British Labour MP Claude Moares, proposes to suspend the agreement "Safe Harbor" that allows U.S. companies to transfer european residents' data on their ground. Also concerned the Switch agreement that gives U.S. authorities access to European bank data to fight against terrorism. For the European Parliament, the fight against terrorism "can in no way justify the existence of not targeted mass monitoring, secrets, and sometimes illegal programs " says the text approved by 544 votes, 78 against and 60 abstentions.
    Full article here (google - awfully - translated) : Google*Traduction
    dusdal likes this.
    03-13-14 04:21 AM
    As an American I support what they are doing to protect their privacy, our rights are slowing and methodology being stripped away for the sake of "terrorism".

Most folks here in the USA don't seem to care because they say, if you have nothing to hide then what are you worried about?? That's a bunch of bull**** and I feel no agency should be above the law when it comes to personal privacy violations.

What the NSA has done here has violated everything this country stands for and has ruined our credibility with the rest of the world. Other countries better take notice because don't think it's not happening in your own back yard.

Someone needs to be held accountable for this, but I afraid the average American here is so afraid for their job and of not being politically correct when they speak, we are nothing more then sheep being lead to the slaughter.

Posted using my z10 (10.2.1.2102) on T Mobile USA
    03-13-14 05:40 AM
    I think NSA should offer a free backup/restore service. Free like in "you pay with your personal information". Just like Google.

Sarkasm may or may not be used in the above statements.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-13-14 05:51 AM
    No, the crowd here thinks that "they have nothing to hide", again I reiterate Privacy or one's right to it is a very basic human rights issue. Unless a Government / institution / Court / Law Enforcement has probable cause, NO ONE has any right collecting and storing personal data, under the pretext they are keeping us "safe" till someone sues the offending parties this nonsense won't stop. Till then I am NOT downloading games / apps that request all access to my devices, I am NOT using FB,whats app, Google + ,etc . Sorry!
    What's being done is illegal. IF someone is a suspect, go to a court and get the order to do so. As it stands now we are all guilty till proven innocent, the collection of this data in the wrong hands can wreck havoc on peoples lives. Who are guarding the guards is my question.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:33 PM
    "Watching the watchers", I think you mean.

I dunno. I kinda see the argument being made. But everybody knows what the NSA is up to at this point. If you continue to use a mobile operating system that's engineered and owned by Americans, that's kinda on you.

If there are any other countries making an OS that they could be used other than Android/iOS, I'm unaware of them.

People complain but they won't do anything about it. They'll continue to buy iPhones and androids and Windows phones. Knowing full well what's going on.
    03-16-14 02:03 AM

I dunno. I kinda see the argument being made. But everybody knows what the NSA is up to at this point. If you continue to use a mobile operating system that's engineered and owned by Americans, that's kinda on you.

If there are any other countries making an OS that they could be used other than Android/iOS, I'm unaware of them.

People complain but they won't do anything about it. They'll continue to buy iPhones and androids and Windows phones. Knowing full well what's going on.
    No I mean who are guarding the guards. They have bestowed Guardianship on themselves and quite frankly speaking they have gone beyond just watchers

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 10:25 AM

BlackBerry is a Canadian company and CSEC is spying on Canadians with massive data collection programmes. Trust no one.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-16-14 10:42 PM
    It seems kind of funny for a British MP to act concerned about personal privacy. This smells more of a "protect British commercial interests" play. Never-the-less, anytime any government shows concern for privacy--even if it's phony--it's probably a good thing. Let's just hope the British people start to wonder where their privacy has gone.
    It's phony concern the UK is a partner along with Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the USA in collecting/intercepting everyone's private data.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA_Agreement

Z30 and loving it!
    03-17-14 11:14 PM