I thought that with 10.3.1 the permissions for android would be customizable like they are for BlackBerry since it's running 4.3 jellybean

However much garlic the recipe calls for, triple it
    03-09-15 02:17 PM
    I thought that with 10.3.1 the permissions for android would be customizable like they are for BlackBerry since it's running 4.3 jellybean

•However much garlic the recipe calls for, triple it•
    Some had hoped that with the move to the Amazon Store that BlackBerry would focus more on making the Apps a little more "secure".... Just like some had hoped that Chen would announce the Z50 or some other highend all touch replacement. It's hard to separate the hopes, dreams, speculation and rumors from what we end up getting.
    03-09-15 02:21 PM
    Opps I posted this in the wrong place

Mods if you could move this to the general discussion forum that would be appreciated

03-09-15 02:22 PM
    Some had hoped that with the move to the Amazon Store that BlackBerry would focus more on making the Apps a little more "secure".... Just like some had hoped that Chen would announce the Z50 or some other highend all touch replacement. It's hard to separate the hopes, dreams, speculation and rumors from what we end up getting.
    Ain't that the d@#n truth, I just thought that Google had experimented with customizable app permissions for 4.3, but had reverted back to the take it or leave it approach, which is why BlackBerry chose to use 4.3 vs a newer build of android

03-09-15 02:30 PM
    Ain't that the d@#n truth, I just thought that Google had experimented with customizable app permissions for 4.3, but had reverted back to the take it or leave it approach, which is why BlackBerry chose to use 4.3 vs a newer build of android

•However much garlic the recipe calls for, triple it•
    There are a number of Android Apps that will give you a little control over permissions....
    03-09-15 02:43 PM
    a little control over permissions....
    *sigh* oh well what can you expect from google

03-09-15 03:34 PM
    *sigh* oh well what can you expect from google

Haha, that 4.3 was an experiment.
    Maybe they felt someone was turning off the data tap...

So, back to normal, no permissions, no app... :-)

  "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)  
    03-09-15 07:16 PM
    I'm was never a fan of customizable permissions after install. If you have access to permissions in android, then so can malicious code.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:56 PM