Available now for the USA. T-Mobile compatible.

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition now available in the U.S.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 05:02 AM
    Yeah it was front page CB article yesterday...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    08-05-15 05:05 AM
    No band 12 still.... now that they have released three versions of a phone few want, can we get a full touch or the slider out?! Stop wasting time on retreads and S4 Plus based devices.

Posted via Z30
    dalinxz likes this.
    08-05-15 09:23 AM
    No band 12 still.... now that they have released three versions of a phone few want, can we get a full touch or the slider out?! Stop wasting time on retreads and S4 Plus based devices.

Posted via Z30
    The passport does not have the s4 plus

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 10:03 AM
    The passport does not have the s4 plus

Posted via CB10
    No it is the retread. The Classic and Leap run the S4 Plus.

Posted via Z30
    kye2000 likes this.
    08-06-15 12:52 PM
    lipstick on a pig...
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-06-15 04:02 PM

Posted via Z30
    The Classic, Leap, Z10, Q10, Q5. All run the S4 Plus. Nothing wrong with it if you using it for browsing, watching videos, e-mails and even playing Minion Rush works really nicely. They are not designed for high intensity things and shouldn't put compared against flagship devices

The Passport has a really nice Adreno 330 and a pretty fast 2.2ghz quad-core chip. Definitely no slouch.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    08-06-15 04:15 PM
    lipstick on a pig...
    Yeah but they will probably sell 400,000 to the 400,000 fan boys that bought the original, and the Classic in three different colors.

Posted via Z30
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-06-15 04:18 PM
    The Classic, Leap, Z10, Q10, Q5. All run the S4 Plus. Nothing wrong with it if you using it for browsing, watching videos, e-mails and even playing Minion Rush works really nicely. They are not designed for high intensity things and shouldn't put compared against flagship devices

The Passport has a really nice Adreno 330 and a pretty fast 2.2ghz quad-core chip. Definitely no slouch.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.2.2339
    I had a Z10, and the Z30 should be the lowest SoC any BB10 device after it should have launched with. It is stressed and overheats easily. Z30 is much better experience.

Passport has really nice specs, but I don't want a PKB, or lifting screens, or double typing. Give me an all touch with those specs at a reasonable price, because the SoC is about a year and a half old, with a 1080 or 1440 screen and I'm in. Otherwise it is just another poor selling PKB device.

Posted via Z30
    08-06-15 04:23 PM
    Yeah but they will probably sell 400,000 to the 400,000 fan boys that bought the original, and the Classic in three different colors.

Posted via Z30
    If so, and if they ordered units accordingly, we'd have to call it a smart move. There's nothing wrong with grabbing 400,000 low-hanging sales.

I don't think I'll be getting one, since I don't have any screen issues on my Passport, and double-typing is infrequent enough (maybe once a day, and not getting worse) that I'm not bothered by it.

Seriously, it's a new edition, not a new phone. If they can move that many it's a smart move.
    08-06-15 04:37 PM
    If so, and if they ordered units accordingly, we'd have to call it a smart move. There's nothing wrong with grabbing 400,000 low-hanging sales.

I don't think I'll be getting one, since I don't have any screen issues on my Passport, and double-typing is infrequent enough (maybe once a day, and not getting worse) that I'm not bothered by it.

Seriously, it's a new edition, not a new phone. If they can move that many it's a smart move.
    Is it smart to sell devices only to a shrinking base, or focus on devices that have the potential to expand the base? If they are bailing on hardware in the near future and just milking you guys till they pull a PlayBook on you then it is a smart move, but if they want to have any hope in hardware, it is time to try putting out options with more potential.

Posted via Z30
    08-06-15 06:08 PM

Posted via Z30
    While the Leap is a retread itself.
    If it wouldn't be sad, I'd probably laugh about it.
    08-06-15 11:23 PM
    Is it smart to sell devices only to a shrinking base, or focus on devices that have the potential to expand the base? If they are bailing on hardware in the near future and just milking you guys till they pull a PlayBook on you then it is a smart move, but if they want to have any hope in hardware, it is time to try putting out options with more potential.

Posted via Z30
    Since the potential to expand the base is very low now, and will very likely only get lower. It is indeed a very smart move to milk true fans till the last drop. BlackBerry has next to nothing to lose by adopting this strategy. $1 earned from 1 true fan is $1 earned.
    ubizmo likes this.
    08-07-15 12:03 AM
    Is it smart to sell devices only to a shrinking base, or focus on devices that have the potential to expand the base?
    The two are not mutually exclusive. Development costs for the Silver Edition had to have been trivial. If they in fact have any focus on actual new devices, the Silver Edition wouldn't cause them to lose it.

If they really could count on selling almost a half million of the things, they're not in a position to walk away from that, no matter what else they have in development, if anything.
    08-07-15 06:56 AM
    Since the potential to expand the base is very low now, and will very likely only get lower. It is indeed a very smart move to milk true fans till the last drop. BlackBerry has next to nothing to lose by adopting this strategy. $1 earned from 1 true fan is $1 earned.
    The potential to expand the base is very low because the device offerings suck. You have about 3 to 5 Million BB10 all touch users waiting for something better, and all out of contract. Is it better to focus on yet another Passport, or they to keep 3 to 5 Million users on the platform? I'm a true fan, and BlackBerry converted me and others to all touch, and just like with the PlayBook is treating us, the people who bought more Bb10 phones than any other group, like we are not important and don't exist. Poor business strategy and device sales prove it.

Posted via Z30
    trsbbs likes this.
    08-07-15 08:17 AM