09-29-14 04:54 PM
78 1234
tools
    He's going to sell it for as much as he thinks someone would be willing to pay. If the price is too high it won't sell. Simple as that.

He's under no obligation to sell it at what any of us consider reasonable.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-26-14 01:33 AM
    So, if they are out of stock in a lot of countries... Does this mean they only have Few thousands available in each country? Because they sold so fast.
    09-26-14 01:34 AM
    So, if they are out of stock in a lot of countries... Does this mean they only have Few thousands available in each country? Because they sold so fast.
    This is my guess. Tightly controlled supply to ensure both positive press of being sold out and no risk of having to write off a huge surplus of unsold devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:12 AM
    200000 Passports SOLD So far. Wow!

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:57 AM
    One currently on Ebay US with bids at $880.

Blackberry Passport Only Turned on for 20 Minutes | eBay
    09-26-14 10:22 AM
    good sign

Sent from my BlackBerry bugatti using Tapatalk
    09-26-14 10:30 AM
    Everything has been confirmed by JC himself, but don't forget - it was reported here first!
    09-26-14 10:43 AM
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BlackBerr...item3a97e74c7a
    Well, my bad. Not $1800 but almost $1700 (Australian), close enough!
    That sounds like a ripper bargain, mate!

;-)

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    OzDude likes this.
    09-26-14 08:02 PM
    200k is an awesome start. I have a small fear that it's a plateau. But I really hope it's a run that makes an impression.

Penned via Tapatalk
    09-26-14 08:17 PM
    Its a good sign. Does anyone know ehat month we can expect the Passport here in the US? I have an upgrade early November!
    09-26-14 08:20 PM
    200k is an awesome start. I have a small fear that it's a plateau. But I really hope it's a run that makes an impression.

Penned via Tapatalk
    Not to be the party pooper but didn't the iPhone sell 10 million ( as in 1 followed by 7 zeros) in the fist day alone?

09-26-14 08:21 PM
    Not to be the party pooper but didn't the iPhone sell 10 million ( as in 1 followed by 7 zeros) in the fist day?

Yeah the iPhone did. But that's neither here nor there. The point is that for the first time in "Years" BBRY finally put out a product that consumers can get behind and argue in favor for.

This is huge for BBRY.

Penned via Tapatalk
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-26-14 08:26 PM
    duplicate post. oops
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 09-27-14 at 07:41 AM.
    09-26-14 08:35 PM
    Yeah the iPhone did. But that's neither here nor there. The point is that for the first time in "Years" BBRY finally put out a product that consumers can get behind and argue in favor for.

This is huge for BBRY.
    I actually think that past BB10 devices like the Z3, Z10, and Q10 sold in similar if not greater volumes.

Blackberry merely did not publish the numbers. Many investors were expecting the Z10 to beat iPhone at the time and Heins had said he expected the Q10 to sell in the "tens of millions", after all.
    09-26-14 08:37 PM
    Not to be the party pooper but didn't the iPhone sell 10 million ( as in 1 followed by 7 zeros) in the fist day alone?

Not to bust your iBent bubble but do some math. 4 million represents 10% of apple's annual sales. BlackBerry sold about 7 million over the last 4Q. PP represents 30% of their annual sales. Looks to me BlackBerry didn't do too shabby.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 08:42 PM
    I actually think that past BB10 devices like the Z3, Z10, and Q10 sold in similar if not greater volumes.

Blackberry merely did not publish the numbers. Many investors were expecting the Z10 to beat iPhone at the time and Heins had said he expected the Q10 to sell in the "tens of millions", after all.
    Yeah Heins had a lot to say. But I seriously doubt anybody ever expected anything close to mirroring, let alone exceeding, iPhone sales.

Penned via Tapatalk
    09-26-14 08:51 PM

Don't know, don't care. This is Crackberry and I use a Blackberry.
    09-26-14 10:40 PM
  18. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Passport is already seen as a success and it the most innovative smartphone of 2014.... there is nothing like that out there...

It's realistic to Expect one million to be sold in the first two weeks...via Amazon and Shop blackberry alone...

This is without carriers and advertising... impressive!!.....

... from my amazing Passport!

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-26-14 10:54 PM
    I believe that 10 million sold was for the first week.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:19 PM
    I believe that 10 million sold was for the first week.

Posted via CB10
    True. That's what is being written all over the web.
    09-26-14 11:24 PM
    It's an interesting device, a stand out on the shelf. This thing might have legs.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:35 PM

Apple is a $600 billion company. They sold 10 000 000 devices in the first day or weekend.

BlackBerry is a $6 billion company. They sold 200 000 devices in the first two days.

Apple is 100x bigger than BlackBerry based on market cap. They sold 50x more devices.

I would say based on that, BlackBerry didn't do too bad.

If you look at percentages of the market, I'm sure BlackBerry didn't come off too poorly either.

I'm sure there are a lot of first dayers, but there are still a lot of people that I know, including myself, that are going to wait for some of the user reviews and actually have a look at the units before purchasing. A holster would be nice too. It looks like the Passport is doing alright and holding its own in this crowded launch month.
    09-26-14 11:35 PM
    At this moment Passport seems to be out of stock from Canada, US, UK, and Germany ShopBlackBerry websites.
    Regarding Germany:
    Not a single shop around here got any stock yet! They aren't "sold out" because they didn't sell a single unit yet. Yes, shops like Amazon or Saturn already took preorders, but it is not known when they recieve any stock at all. Don't want to crash the cheerful party, but rather trying to keep a realistic view on the situation.

The only germans who already got their Passport bought it via ShopBlackBerry. Even there ordering process was a mess: Some people placed their order right when it was available only to get told thursday evening it couldn't be processed because they are out of stock. Others ordered half a day later got their device delivered by friday. People of course were upset, I'd be too if I order on 24th 4pm and don't get one, while a friend ordered 25th 8am and is already playing with his Passport.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    09-27-14 06:14 AM
    hi,
    hab am 24. zwei Bestellungen platziert.
    eine auf der UK-website und eine auf der deutschen.
    beide wurden am do per mail und telefonisch besttigt, fr die deutsche kam dann aber am do Abend ne mail "backorder".
    bzgl. der UK-Bestellung kam noch gar nix.
    was meinst du was das heit?
    danke & Gru
    09-27-14 07:14 AM
    Apple is a $600 billion company. They sold 10 000 000 devices in the first day or weekend.

BlackBerry is a $6 billion company. They sold 200 000 devices in the first two days.

Apple is 100x bigger than BlackBerry based on market cap. They sold 50x more devices.

I would say based on that, BlackBerry didn't do too bad.

If you look at percentages of the market, I'm sure BlackBerry didn't come off too poorly either.

I'm sure there are a lot of first dayers, but there are still a lot of people that I know, including myself, that are going to wait for some of the user reviews and actually have a look at the units before purchasing. A holster would be nice too. It looks like the Passport is doing alright and holding its own in this crowded launch month.
    Thanks for doing the work.
    I was gonna post that AAPL / BBRY comparison.

:-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-27-14 08:17 AM
78 1234