Hey just read an entry on Dylan habkirks new blog and he mentioned that the passport 2 and an all touch android device are planned for early 2016. He also mentions that bb10 development is not planned to end any time soon.

Dylogical - Android Fears & The Minds Of The Unaware

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster likes this.
    08-21-15 06:51 PM
    Hey just read an entry on Dylan habkirks new blog and he mentioned that the passport 2 and an all touch android device are planned for early 2016. He also mentions that bb10 development is not planned to end any time soon.

Dylogical - Android Fears & The Minds Of The Unaware

Posted via CB10
    His entire foundation for that assertion is a PR one-liner. I'll believe it when I see any sort of return to active development for BB10. Blackberry is run by businessmen; it was under TH and it is under JC. There is one rule with businessmen (and politicians incidentally): believe 0% of what they say when they know they're being quoted.
    08-21-15 08:42 PM
    Habkirk has never been credible. Always took stuff out of context

Posted via CB10
    Marios199546 and illlya like this.
    08-21-15 08:45 PM
    Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 04:57 PM
    Only time will tell if Dylan information is correct, but at least he is giving us information that has a higher chance of being correct compared to others who are not blackberry elite members or don't really have any sources within blackberry.
    08-23-15 09:01 AM
    One of the things that John Chen had mentioned after the "initial" success of the Passport where the supplies were limited was a Passport #2.

Now I am not sure if Blackberry will be bringing in a Passport, redesigned Silver Edition and a Passport #2 all within 18 months. I suspect the Silver Edition might be a updated device that might be available in different colours going forward.

John Chen has been adamant about making a profit on the hardware and and releasing a ton of low volume devices isn't going to be the answer.

I love the Passport and SE Passport design though.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 04:04 PM
    This makes no sense. Chen himself said he was looking to scale HW back to one or two devices per year. With BB10 dead, I can see them doing one Android device per year (slider and Passport) alternating them every other year. The Classic will stay as-is as the only BB10 phone for anyone that actually wants one (G7, etc). They can use up all the old processors they purchased on the Classic. Lol. Sigh...
    08-26-15 01:26 PM