Given this is a BGR article which is a hit or miss ( although they have been right on more occasions regarding RIM's lies about Playbook OS delays and usually were the first to report them ) but the news about RIM lying regarding OS 10 delays is spreading fast like fire and getting picked up by every lot of media outlets.

A lot of people were skeptical about the reason ( LTE ??!! really ) the CEO gave, including some of crackberry's own, so its would be no surprise if CEOs/management was indeed lying.

CBS News
    RIM lied on BlackBerry 10 delay excuse claims pessimistic insider
    RIM lied on BlackBerry 10 delay excuse claims pessimistic insider - SlashGear

SlashGear
    RIM said to have lied about BlackBerry 10 delay
    RIM said to have lied about BlackBerry 10 delay - CBS News

CNET
    RIM CEOs lied about BlackBerry 10 delay, report says
    RIM CEOs lied about BlackBerry 10 delay, report says | Mobile - CNET News
    12-22-11 10:42 AM
    While I agree that LTE wasn't the strongest excuse for the delay, it's sheer speculation to try to pin it on specifics like an "inability" to get native e-mail going. Since I've seen some of the native e-mail stuff on one of the PB OS 2.0 emulators (and demos have shown that whole "accounts" infrastructure), I'm skeptical that's the problem anyway.

How about this: management finally decided to swallow their pride and concede that BB10 wouldn't have been completely "market-ready" for Q1, and made the hard decision to push it back. I've mentioned it elsewhere, but it's worth noting again that this is actually GOOD news for the BB7 platform and anyone who's developing for it. BB7 has been very well received and has no compatibility with things like BES. Extending its availability window strikes me as a good thing, frankly.
    12-22-11 10:53 AM
    RIM is just slow. Been like that for a while now. I don't need any excuses. It's what I expect from RIM nowadays. No big surprise.
    JBenn911 likes this.
    12-22-11 10:55 AM
    How about this: management finally decided to swallow their pride and concede that BB10 wouldn't have been completely "market-ready" for Q1, and made the hard decision to push it back.
    That's what I wish these guys would do, swallow their pride, and at least be honest with the consumers. Either way, they're going to catch flak from the media, but IF it's true that they were once again caught lying..it makes it that much worse (just like in real life).

As a consumer and former fanboy, it's these lies and un-truths that have really left me with a bad taste in my mouth for RIM (and most importantly, the two CEO's)
    purijagmohan likes this.
    12-22-11 11:18 AM
    All three links you posted are pretty **** poor examples of journalism. Especially CBS News, quoting BGR and running with the story RIM lied to investors is a pretty strong accusation to make.

CEOs get arrested or sued over lying to investors. They may not have told the whole truth but flat out lying I seriously doubt it.
    12-22-11 01:20 PM
    'The MSM8625 and MSM8225 chipsets will be available on Qualcomm’s third generation QRD development platform in the first half of 2012, in addition to being available as standalone chipsets. QRD development platforms based on both the MSM7x27A and MSM7x25A chipsets are currently available. Qualcomm has shipped over 100 million MSM7225 and MSM7227 chipsets, and smartphones based on these chipsets are operating on multiple carrier networks worldwide. '

From Qualcomm's own site.
    12-22-11 01:27 PM
    3 articles all using the exact same material from BGR. There's a thread for that already.

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ailure-680936/
    12-22-11 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD