It seems that Orange and T-mobile are to invest 50 million pounds in training their sales folk to be able to be experts in the phones and operating systems in a move to enhance the customer experience in the UK.

The synics will say to late but I feel it's a good move and may go some way to address OS predudice, your thoughts?

Orange rings smartphone changes - Yahoo! News UK
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-30-12 04:29 PM
    Perhaps they're using this training video......
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAG39jKi0lI[/YT]
    00stryder, CygnusX-1 and gtpointer like this.
    05-30-12 04:53 PM
    This is encouraging news

I expect them to really know the devices, not just BS they overhear.

When I upgraded from my 9800 to the 9810 the salesperson repeatedly said the phone freezes and has bugs...why...I don't know...I came into the store and asked for the 9810

Should salespeople be tight-lipped and not trash a brand in the store. Maybe there are times when the phone could freeze for a few seconds and there could, occasionally, be a bug, but there are a lot of positives about the the 9810 that a trained person could focus on. This salesperson's personal phone was an iPhone
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-30-12 at 07:08 PM.
    05-30-12 07:04 PM
    I'm very tempted to pop into my nearest orange shop when BB10 comes out to test their knowledge on it

Personally, I'd prefer if they invested in their website...truly awful thing, when I upgraded to my 9900 it decided to give me the wrong contract length and wrong handset price.
    05-30-12 08:04 PM
    I'm very tempted to pop into my nearest orange shop when BB10 comes out to test their knowledge on it

Personally, I'd prefer if they invested in their website...truly awful thing, when I upgraded to my 9900 it decided to give me the wrong contract length and wrong handset price.
    Firstly do it test them.

I think they need to address issues around unfair advantage given to some devices, like "this ones very fashionable and popular" This kind of practice may lead to stifled technowledgy in that we may get the right colour but does it do what i need it to do.

Agreed they also need to get their web site more user friendly.
    05-31-12 05:47 AM
    This is encouraging news

I expect them to really know the devices, not just BS they overhear.

When I upgraded from my 9800 to the 9810 the salesperson repeatedly said the phone freezes and has bugs...why...I don't know...I came into the store and asked for the 9810

Should salespeople be tight-lipped and not trash a brand in the store. Maybe there are times when the phone could freeze for a few seconds and there could, occasionally, be a bug, but there are a lot of positives about the the 9810 that a trained person could focus on. This salesperson's personal phone was an iPhone
    Thankfully I did my own research and purchased my 9810 sim free, so didn't have to suffer at the hands of "sales talk"I often think it may be that carrier software is what creates these things. Mine has worked like a dream, it does what it says on the box.
    Maybe they sould say that XXXXX carriers phones seem not to have the problem, but maybe they won't
    05-31-12 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD