12-06-13 02:31 AM
58 123
tools
    An Open Letter To Customers

An Open Letter to Customers

To our valued enterprise customers and partners,

Youre hearing a lot of noise in the market about BlackBerry. MDM vendors are undoubtedly inviting you to webinars and enticing you to switch off your BES.

We want to set the story straight about BlackBerry in the Enterprise, both for our existing customers and for those about to implement BYOD and MDM.

We are very much alive, thank you
    Our for sale sign has been taken down and we are here to stay. BlackBerry recently announced it has entered into an agreement to receive a strategic investment from Fairfax Financial and other institutional investors, which represents a vote of confidence in the future of BlackBerry.

The investments you've made in BlackBerry infrastructure and solutions are secure.
    I will keep the lines of communication open as we navigate through this transition.

We're going back to our heritage and roots delivering enterprise-grade, end-to-end mobile solutions. As we refocus back to our roots, BlackBerry will target four areas: handsets, EMM solutions, cross-platform messaging, and embedded systems. And, just as important, we will continue to invest in enterprise and security related R&D during our restructuring period.

In short, reports of our death are greatly exaggerated.

Setting the record straight: We will manage all devices
    Were serious about multi-platform MDM and even more serious about multi-platform EMM. We deliberately moved to a new platform with BES10 last year. Making this change enables us to manage all devices, turbo-charge BYOD initiatives, and provide the very best management experience.

Our competitors want you to think that BES only manages BlackBerry devices, and that we are somehow more expensive than other MDMs. This is false.

We understand the realities of the enterprise mobility market better than anyone, and were in the game for the long term. Weve been investing in enterprise mobility management for any device and thanks to customers like you, were doing very well. Heres the proof:

• Our EMM customer base is much larger than any of the other vendors in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management and is growing.
    • We manage more mobile devices than any other vendor. Period.
    • We move more secure mobile data than anyone else.
    • We have substantial cash and are not a small VC-backed pure play MDM player seeking additional funds every year.

Security is not debatable regardless of the device
    BYOD users may be able to bring any device to work, but its our job to ensure the risk doesnt follow them in. Whether youre deploying corporate-owned iPads or allowing BYOD Android devices, security is paramount.

We have more certifications from government agencies than any other vendor and were the only EMM vendor and handset maker to receive the Department of Defense Authority to Operate certification.

Governments, global corporations and organizations that will not compromise on security continue to choose and trust BlackBerry.

BES10 is your future Enterprise Mobility Solution
    We know that BlackBerry devices are not for everyone. Thats OK.

As we committed to earlier we are more than just a device company. Today, BES10 supports multi-platform MDM, mobile application management and security. We have also made it as easy and low cost as possible for you to trial and deploy BES10.

In the coming weeks, we will continue to have an open conversation with you. Keep an eye out for an EMM Realities webcast series where we will drill down into the key areas in this letter. In the meantime, I want your feedback on how we can better serve your EMM needs.

I believe in BlackBerry and Im confident in our future in enterprise, our technology and our ability to adapt to changing market needs.

Sincerely,
    John S. Chen
    Executive Chair and CEO
    Source: app.biz.blackberry.com
    12-02-13 10:49 AM
    YES! "In short reports of our death are greatly exaggerated."
    and handsets remain one of the focus areas
    12-02-13 10:58 AM
    maybe now the no more hardware 'opinion' threads will finally die.
    probably not though, they'll just be replaced with "[OPINION] Why i think Chen is lying" threads
    12-02-13 11:19 AM
    probably not though, they'll just be replaced with "[OPINION] Why i think Chen is lying" threads
    Nah they will continue. Rofl...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    FSeverino likes this.
    12-02-13 11:21 AM
    At least this CEO is writing something .. the last one didnt send anything out for months.
    12-02-13 11:26 AM
    BlackBerry will target four areas: handsets, EMM solutions, cross-platform messaging, and embedded systems. Most important part

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 11:29 AM
    Haters will hate....
    12-02-13 11:38 AM
    I appreciate you posting the letter OP. One thing though. It's customary to mention that you added the bold type for emphasis. It wasn't in the original letter. Don't get me wrong. I agree with what you did. It's just that it's best you mention that you modified someone else's letter when you publish things. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    greenberry666 likes this.
    12-02-13 11:40 AM
    Just before it gets said.. talk is cheap. Show, don't tell. Proof is in the pudding. And other such cliches.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    ital1, bradu1, m1a1mg and 3 others like this.
    12-02-13 11:53 AM
    I appreciate you posting the letter OP. One thing though. It's customary to mention that you added the bold type for emphasis. It wasn't in the original letter. Don't get me wrong. I agree with what you did. It's just that it's best you mention that you modified someone else's letter when you publish things. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Straight copy/pasta. The letter, as it appears here, appears the same way on the source page.

Did you even check the source page?
    app_Developer, Mecca EL and m1kr0 like this.
    12-02-13 12:12 PM
    Second letter in what three months saying they are not dead? Apparently they are having trouble addressing the matter. Time for Mr Chen to aggressively push the message on all media
    m1a1mg and JeepBB like this.
    12-02-13 01:04 PM
    Second letter in what three months saying they are not dead? Apparently they are having trouble addressing the matter. Time for Mr Chen to aggressively push the message on all media
    It's only been 1 month since the sale sign was put down... so what you are saying isn't true.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 01:06 PM
    Handsets, baby!
    12-02-13 01:10 PM
    Yes BB10 handsets are so important that he has written three letters and in each he avoids completely mentioning the words BB10 - so yes BBRY will be involved in managing handsets but you'd have to be willfully blind to see that it's unlikely to be based around BB10. These things are vetted carefully by lawyers, it avoids the word BB10 because my guess is that he plans to announce the killoff at the EC and he can't or will not realise that material fact in the quiet period before the EC.
    aniym likes this.
    12-02-13 01:42 PM
    YES! "In short reports of our death are greatly exaggerated."
    and handsets remain one of the focus areas
    Yes! I'm liking the new CEO a lot!
    12-02-13 01:55 PM
    Yes BB10 handsets are so important that he has written three letters and in each he avoids completely mentioning the words BB10 - so yes BBRY will be involved in managing handsets but you'd have to be willfully blind to see that it's unlikely to be based around BB10. These things are vetted carefully by lawyers, it avoids the word BB10 because my guess is that he plans to announce the killoff at the EC and he can't or will not realise that material fact in the quiet period before the EC.
    Right more bull**** speculation... we all knew trolls were coming with new arguments that have no facts to back them up...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    m1kr0, Mecca EL and habs_fan like this.
    12-02-13 02:00 PM
    Right more bull**** speculation... we all knew trolls were coming with new arguments that have no facts to back them up...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    So you explain it then - BB10 is so critical to the future of BBRY that in the only three public letters written by the CEO he has never mentioned it once? Not once, seems an odd oversight if the future is based around BB10 devices.
    12-02-13 02:02 PM
    Finally someone from BlackBerry has the balls to tell it like it is. BlackBerry is untouchable in the enterprise sector so stop listening to all the lies. Mr. Chen has my vote of confidence.
    12-02-13 02:03 PM
    Its like 2008 all over again, only this time there's less distance to fall.

It's funny seeing these guys "refocus" from Enterprise to Consumer to Prosumer and back to enterprise....

Unfortunately all this says is that they've realized they'll only be relevant in the enterprise.
    12-02-13 02:05 PM
    So you explain it then - BB10 is so critical to the future of BBRY that in the only three public letters written by the CEO he has never mentioned it once? Not once, seems an odd oversight if the future is based around BB10 devices.
    Think about it logically... does it make sense to you... to scrap BB10? just because he didn't mention it directly doesn't mean anything with its development... do you know how many software engineers and hardware engineers would be pissed and most likely quit if BB10 was scrapped ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    Mecca EL and habs_fan like this.
    12-02-13 02:06 PM
    Think about it logically... does it make sense to you... to scrap BB10? just because he didn't mention it directly doesn't mean anything with its development... do you know how many software engineers and hardware engineers would be pissed and most likely quit if BB10 was scrapped ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    In some ways yes it would make some sense to scrap BB10. Think about it.

I hope they don't scrap it though. But he has not said one word about it.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-02-13 02:10 PM
    For a company that is scrapping bb10 they sure seem to be working hard on making it better.

Sent from my Z30
    12-02-13 02:17 PM
    Scrapping bb10. Lmao. Bahahahahha

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.xxxx member/co-founder Berryleaks. From CB10. My channel C000B3B57. Team channel C00032537
    12-02-13 02:23 PM
    When I read the letter, I joked about how some would try and twist it and how long it would be before we's see it in the forums. I think they were quicker than I bet. Darn, I lost.

CGK, do you actually believe this, or will you admit that you're just looking with a magnifying glass for something you can grasp on to?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-02-13 02:40 PM
    For a company that is scrapping bb10 they sure seem to be working hard on making it better.

Sent from my Z30
    Yep, let's just hope the swan song is real good
    12-02-13 04:45 PM
58 123